Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quantumentanglement View Post
    The Urgo episode was one of the very funny ones for me! Just a few lines from the episode for good measure:

- One man's ceiling is another man's floor
    - Don't run with scissors?
    - Au revoir it's French. It means ciao

Also, the scene with Teal'c chugging an entire pot of coffee. And more
    I concur!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

Again, viewing dvds as I am from 13 years after the episode was done, I'd say it was kind of blah with moments here and there. Cam is kind of silly and stupid here, but that's the way he's being written. The end on board Ba'al's ship was more the typical Stargate story, and after that last episode, I really wasn't that crazy about the series, but I'm slogging on just to see how SG-1 ends.
      Cam's character errors is SG-1's cashing in on Farscape, so deal with it.

I did like seeing Nerus again. Shame there was never an episode with he and Vala together. THAT would have been an unbeatable team. As for his end, saying to Ba'al 'but...I'm a very interesting person.' was the best line of the episode.

Comment

I'm watching this episode on Comet TV, and noticed something.

When Sam and the rest of SG1 are about to be killed by the Lucien Alliance, Sam has a split lip, blood on her face and injuries associated with having been beaten. When the team is beamed up by Colonel Emerson to the Odyssey and they are standing on deck in front of him, she has no marks at all on her face. But later in the same episode, the marks and bruises are back on her face.

Also, there is a scene earlier in the episode where General Landry says he is going to Area 51 to interview Nerus. Then a shot is shown of cars driving past the entrance to the buildings and a man stepping down the stairs. That man is Colonel Reynolds who was a Major when that scene was shown in Season 2, Touchstone. So they re-used a scene from a previous episode.

P.S. Love the scene with 2 gun Teal'c stopping the enemy.
        Last edited by hedwig; 19 December 2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I didn't want to ask it the season 8 episode threads, but what has happened with that device what the Tok'Ra has used during the Replicator-Goa'uld war to follow the Ha'tak ships? Have they taken away after Selmak has died? Because that device could have been useful to follow the ships of the Lucian Alliance as I am guessing they were taken from the dead Systemlords / Replicators, so the beacons could be still on.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            I didn't want to ask it the season 8 episode threads, but what has happened with that device what the Tok'Ra has used during the Replicator-Goa'uld war to follow the Ha'tak ships? Have they taken away after Selmak has died? Because that device could have been useful to follow the ships of the Lucian Alliance as I am guessing they were taken from the dead Systemlords / Replicators, so the beacons could be still on.
            I'm guessing, though, that the Lucian Alliance took over the Goa'uld's production capabilities and have been pumping out new ships in recent years. If the original beacons remain undiscovered, there's probably now a whole slew of ships that are untrackable since it's unlikely that the Tok'ra would be able to sneak them aboad new ships. In the past, the Tok'ra were able to pose as a Goa'uld underling. Now they'd have to pretend to be humans, which won't be very easy to do if the Lucian Alliance has the technology to screen people for symbiotes and uses it regularly. I'd also guess the Tok'ra probably wouldn't be willing to take that risk since there are so few of them and the Lucian Alliance are not the threat (or hated nemesis) that the Goa'uld were for them, personally.
            Last edited by Xaeden; 11 March 2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              When Sam and the rest of SG1 are about to be killed by the Lucien Alliance, Sam has a split lip, blood on her face and injuries associated with having been beaten. When the team is beamed up by Colonel Emerson to the Odyssey and they are standing on deck in front of him, she has no marks at all on her face. But later in the same episode, the marks and bruises are back on her face.
              I see I'm not the only one to have noticed this classic example of a continuity error.

Hey Gateworld, there's a tiny error in your gueststar description for Martin Christopher who plays Kevin Marks. On the Prometheus he has the rank of Captain, but I distinctly hear Emmerson call him Major Marks. Just thought I'd let you know.

From the looks of it, I seem to be in the minority to find this episode appropriately entertaining. It's got good humor, action and it shows off the Odyssey -- new ship in the verse.

It's a classic SG-1 gets in trouble, out of trouble and back into trouble -- and has plenty of adventures and fun little dialogues along the way. What more do we want? It's a classic.

How would you rate SG-1's "Off the Grid?"

Excellent

Good
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible

*************EDIT*****************

3-episode quiz: Off The Grid, The Scourge & Arthur's Mantle

Jigsaw puzzle: Off The Grid
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 17 October 2020, 03:36 AM. Reason: Adding quiz and jigsaw links...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think we need to go off the grid FH.

I'm also with you. I quite like how this episode advances the Lucian Alliance story by showing us the leadership and give us a better insight into how powerful they are. I also love seeing how good Landry is at interrogation. As for the beaming scene, it doesn't bother me as it's a common scifi trope.

Good with 6:52
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I am not a huge fan of the Lucian Alliance, but I do see how it is needed. That said I liked the episode. Loved how Landry double crossed Nerus. Also loved Teal’c going all out Rambo.

9:33

Comment

Working...
                    X