No announcement yet.

Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching the second showing now and have a couple of questions.

Dr. Lee (why, oh why, didn't they show him in this episode?) determined that this kassa stuff was genetically engineered. I wonder who is behind that?

Hmmm, interesting--Mitchell's never been late for a check in with the SGC. Maybe not quite the complete screw-up that others think.

What incident is Landry referring to when he talks about SG-1 being the first to be implanted with that locating chip?

Do we know when Ba'al acquired Asgard beaming technology?

I'm sure I'll have more.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
      I'm watching the second showing now and have a couple of questions.

Dr. Lee (why, oh why, didn't they show him in this episode?) determined that this kassa stuff was genetically engineered. I wonder who is behind that?

Hmmm, interesting--Mitchell's never been late for a check in with the SGC. Maybe not quite the complete screw-up that others think.

What incident is Landry referring to when he talks about SG-1 being the first to be implanted with that locating chip?

Do we know when Ba'al acquired Asgard beaming technology?

I'm sure I'll have more.
      There was no need for Lee as the corn really wasnt part of the plot just a plot device to get the story moving. Maybe they will revisit addictive corn later and Lee can be in that ep.

That Mitchell checkpoint thing... guess they aren't counting babylon, I dont remember enough about the rest of the eps to say whether that is true or not. Seemed like a throw away line just to again try to prove to us that Mitchell is somehow better then eveyone else.

I think Landry was referring to the uber large and obvious transmitter that Daniel was wearing last week in Ethon.

Baal probably got the beaming tech from Anubis.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by x_sid
        There are seveal old Atlas rocket bunkers that would probably be big enough to hold them in Kansas alone. True they've all been closed, and they even turned one into a school, but who's to say how many there are. I'm sure they could easily convert a couple of those things to work.
        so they're building ships around here???? cool!!

although i gotta admit i've logged a lotta road time the past few weeks and haven't seen much in the way of space ships
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
          Exactly how did they get Mitchell free without actually killing any of the Allience dudes or getting hurt themselves? Magic?
          yet another example of tell instead of show.

thre's been a lot of that lately. such as sam rigging the stargate

they keep telling us that things happen but persist in not showing it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
            What do you mean feeding Nerus accomplished nothing? That was a key part of the episode because the locater beckon that he ate lead them straight to Ba'al, which in part allowed SG-1 to complete the mission
            Not that portion. The plying him with food didn't exactly get more useful information out of him. Dessert should never have been delivered.... not at that moment anyway.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              so they're building ships around here???? cool!!

although i gotta admit i've logged a lotta road time the past few weeks and haven't seen much in the way of space ships
              Well that's the trouble with Kansas, there is a lot of wide open space to get lost in. Which I have done more than once, and usually in a really expensive piece of farm machinery that doesn't go over 18 miles per hour.

Besides I thought it would be funny to use some old rocket silo as a miachine shed.

Comment

There was no need for Lee as the corn really wasnt part of the plot just a plot device to get the story moving. Maybe they will revisit addictive corn later and Lee can be in that ep.

That Mitchell checkpoint thing... guess they aren't counting babylon, I dont remember enough about the rest of the eps to say whether that is true or not. Seemed like a throw away line just to again try to prove to us that Mitchell is somehow better then eveyone else.

I think Landry was referring to the uber large and obvious transmitter that Daniel was wearing last week in Ethon.

Baal probably got the beaming tech from Anubis.
                Thanks!

Uh--Anubis? When did he get it? My poor memory!

Ba'al is good with the one-liners, isn't he?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                  Second, where'd the P-90's go??? Those stupid guns they were using were so thin and small they looked like toys.

Third, the outfits. They didn't make sense at all. TPTB just made them that way to show off the muscles of BB, MS, and CJ. Sex appeal seems to be an increasingly large drive in all the SciFi friday shows.

Did you not get the premise that they were supposed to be traders/mercs. If they would have walked in there with sgc issue black or olive drab uniforms and p90s they would have been spotted as tauri right away. So they had to use more exotic weapons.

I think it was a pretty good ep. It got the team together for a good portion of the ep. It was also a good non ori ep. and it made the lucian alliance more of a threat (maybe for s10).

Comment

Originally posted by x_sid
                    Well that's the trouble with Kansas, there is a lot of wide open space to get lost in. Which I have done more than once, and usually in a really expensive piece of farm machinery that doesn't go over 18 miles per hour.

Besides I thought it would be funny to use some old rocket silo as a miachine shed.
                    lol, well at least we got a lot of roads. and if you drive long enough you'll find somewhere familiar

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                      Thanks!

Uh--Anubis? When did he get it? My poor memory!
                      probably back from revelations when he downloaded thor's brain and baal got the info from nuby

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                        Dessert should never have been delivered.... not at that moment anyway.
                        I agree.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

you know snow is nice unless it knocks out some of your channels on satellite such as the SciFi channel!!! i wanted to watch it again but i couldn't...
                          "Yeah Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
                          "Why not?"
                          "The codename for the project is Prometheus. What's wrong with that?"
                          NOTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                            Looks like the Odyssey is going to be to SG1 what the Deddy is to Atlantis - a deus ex machina.
                            Wrong usage of deus ex machina.

Comment

Okay I tried to go in liking this ep and I was hopeful - again - BUT right off the bat they once again show us cowboy Mitchell being, IMO, arrogant by going in as the drug dealer, screwing it up and getting the team in trouble - AGAIN, after Landry told them to stay under the radar (can you say plot-device). TPTB continue to boggle my mind by showing Mitchell to lack judgment and to be a poor co-leader. He is an arse, IMO. The one-liners were old long ago and there were waaay too many of them in this ep. I am now calling them Jackisms but the problem is Mitchell cannot pull it off and he spouts them constantly - that whole briefing room scene was one big waste of time with Mitchell's silly lines. IMO he contributes absolutley nothing substantive.

On the planet - Mitchell's lame "do we know any other alliances?" and Teal'c or Daniel's retort of "plenty" (I already forget who said it but it was a good slap to Mitchell) what a tool (a plot-tool - IMO more of the crappy writing).

That whole scene with the Luciance Alliance guys at the beginning and tell him "Mr. Shaft" yadda yadda - pppffft.

I did notice at more than one place including when Mitchell is first talking with the Alliance guys - after he went against Landry's orders (as pointed out by Carter) that they need to stay under the radar - and at the end in the Gate Room, that Carter and Daniel seem pretty sick of Mitchell and his childish antics. He is a tool. He disobeys Landry's order to be what? the "Man"? and promptly AGAIN leads the team into trouble because he has to go off an be the cowboy and screw it up - yikes when will someone just shoot the guy and put us (and the Big 3) out of our misery. The team would be much, much safer without good ol' boy around so next time he goes off and gets t
                              himself or them into trouble they should just leave him there

Colonel Reynolds - yeah for Reynolds - why isn't HE on the team?

Colonel Emerson - him I liked - (one of the DRs. from ER thanks to someone earlier who clarified why he was so familiar).

Thank God the Tok'ra are still around - too bad we don't get to see THEM - bring back the Tok'ra!! PLEASE!!

I love Ba'al but I thought he was wasted in this ep

After beaming to the Odyssey getting out of another Mitchell near-miss Mitchell's "How about that for timing" was annoying since he was the arse that got them into trouble in the first place.

Good - we actually got to see the GATE and the wormhole - yiipppeee it does STILL exist and it works- yeah! More of that for the final 4 eps PLEASE!

I kind of liked Nerus - too bad he seems to have eaten it at the hands of Ba'al(pun intended).

Good - Carter, once again saves the day no thanks to you-know-who. Thank God someone has a brain left ("We're more valuable alive". What on earth was the matter with Daniel? He was more than gung-ho last week to talk and negotiate the way for those aliens but the cat's got his golden negotiation tongue when it comes to his own hide and the hides of his team? The fact that Carter gave him that reason and he reacts for a cheap laugh just shows me that writers have truly lost their way with these characters). Poor Teal'c he was once again somewhat sidelined until we got to see his big arms and upper bod - okay we know he's cut - move on and give up the gratuitous showing-off - what is that, compensation to CJ because they give hm almost nothing to do?

Sorry but, for me, the bad outweighed the good here again and even though I went in hopeful the fact that Mitchell seems to be continuously digressing and continues to show bad judgment and immature, wanna be the cowby, behaviour that leads the team into trouble, left me once again disappointed even though my expectations cannnot get much lower. Again, I saw nothing of substance from Mitchell except the plot tool (and tool in general) to move the plot along and TPTB gave him a wide tool swath in this episode.

At the end I really thought Carter and/or Daniel were going to let loose on him but they held their composure and just chose to walk away from him. I see absolutely no team bonding with scenes such as this or the earlier one where he was talking to the Alliance guys. I also saw some of it in the briefing room. Eye rolls, sarcastic smirks at the constant nonsensical lines he spews (who cares about his grandmothers chitlins or whatver the he!! he was talking about - irrelevant BS that does not work, IMO, and contributes zilch to the episode) - I do not get the feeling that they respect him and isn't that what TPTB want us to believe from what they have said about why this joker is co-leader? They either have a very warped way of showing it or they want us to bellieve that at least Carter and Daniel think the guy is an arse.

S9 seesm to be boiling down to this for me:

Mitchell = trouble with a capital T, T also = Tool and he is the token plot device. TPTB discussion: Gee we need the team to get into trouble - let's make Mitchell do something else stupid this week that will get them in trouble (unfortunately it seems that TPTB think Mitchell's bad judgment and immature behaviour makes him look cool or like a hero -- geesh what a sad state of affairs).

The BIG3 = get Mitchell's sorry arse out of Trouble, save themselves when Mitchell's antics get them into trouble too when they try to save his sorry butt and work it so they successfully complete their original mission, no thanks to cowboy shaft. If I had ot give this a number on a scale of 1 - 5 it gets a 2 simply because of the BIG 3 being present, Col. Reynolds and Col. Emerson. Oh yeah - what was with those puny little guns - where were the P-90s???
                              Last edited by binkpmmc; 10 February 2006, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Exactly how did they get Mitchell free without actually killing any of the Allience dudes or getting hurt themselves? Magic?
                                Oh right - there's another question I had - I asked myself as they ran through the woods - how did THAT happen? Same question I asked last week when we went from Daniel and Jared in the Commissary to Daniel and Jared in a jail cell on the planet - pretty neat tricks. Oh yeah we're supposed to make that up ourselves and just go with it - right. forgot. sorry. I'll remember that for next week when we get the same type of crappy writing, editing, directing (maybe they should pay us instead of the writers since we now have to imagine so much of what has supposedly happened).

It is becoming painfully clear that when the actors, directors, writers, etc., say they do not watch the finished, as aired epsiodes, they are not lying. They probably have no clue how stupid some of this stuff looks and plays out.
                                Last edited by binkpmmc; 10 February 2006, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X