Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Arrow2 Re: Off The Grid (916)

So what's to stop him from stealing other gates somewhere else. Instead of stealing the gates from Ba'al, they should have targeted and destroyed the ship since the shields where down.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Off The Grid (916)

see, when the gates started disappearing, i was getting my hopes up that baal was stealing them to try and control the ori.

since the priors use the gate to preach and convert, how better to slow them down than to elimiante the gates???

Second Lieutenant

This was ok. Mitchell got on my nerves as usual. I know alot of people really like the one liners, but to me it's way too much. It's getting old. I want some serious stuff going on, not slaptstick comedy. I very seldom hear them in a normal conversation anymore, it's all high school stuff.

I kind of watched hoping for it to end so I could finally watch Atlantis. I'm just thankful that I have 8 season of the real SG-1 to watch over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjust2000
    I think it would be pretty cool if one of the Ba'als clones turned out to be good, do to some genetic mutation. I think it would have made for a better episode.

LOL!! That’s funny; yeah Ba'al would tell SGC and the alliance that he was stealing the gates for charity.

Quote Originally Posted by nccjones
    This was ok. Mitchell got on my nerves as usual. I know alot of people really like the one liners, but to me it's way too much. It's getting old. I want some serious stuff going on, not slaptstick comedy. I very seldom hear them in a normal conversation anymore, it's all high school stuff.

I kind of watched hoping for it to end so I could finally watch Atlantis. I'm just thankful that I have 8 season of the real SG-1 to watch over the years.
    Harsh!!!

Chief Master Sergeant

great episode, I enjoyed the new ship, the captain was from ER, I liked how theay mention the tok ra, so atleast we know there still around, only thing I dont like is the whole baul cloneing thing,

Quote Originally Posted by nccjones

I agree, leave the one liners for Jack, he seems to be the only one that knows how to use them. (and teal'c of course with his "indeed" but that doesnt count.) Mitchell is trying to fill the empty void left by Jack but he is not doing it very well, not one actor would be able to do that.

Why are the Lucian Alliance mercanary guys using machine guns?
    You think if they have a bunch of alkesh and hataks and other space ships they may have better hand weapons.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

I loved this episode. It was great. I kind of liked Mitchell's liners. They weren't as good as Ash's from Evild Dead, but they were funny. Landry's sceen's with that gould with the name I don't know how to spell were hilarious. And Carter was looking pretty hot in that thingy she was wearing. I know I'm proably the only one who will say this, but that episode felt like one from earlier seasons.

Of course after this post everyone is going to think I'm nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    Why are the Lucian Alliance mercanary guys using machine guns?
    You think if they have a bunch of alkesh and hataks and other space ships they may have better hand weapons.
    The guys that were shooting the machine guns looked to be low level, they may only get low tech stuff.

Or there is always the simplicity factor to consider with guns. I'd take an M-240 SAW over a staff weapon any day. Heck I'd take a colt .45 over a staff.

he Odyessey was AWSOME! ! ! ! ! ! !
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...glia/jaffa.jpg

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Quote Originally Posted by spg_1983
    How many massive, completely underground construction facilities can they have completely with production facilities nearby? Even then, if they had a bunch how many could they actually operate at once? The trinium and naquada are the key components for the ships and have to be mind off world and brought through the gate load by load, there wouldnt be a steady enough supply to continuously operate more than one or two construction projects
    There are seveal old Atlas rocket bunkers that would probably be big enough to hold them in Kansas alone. True they've all been closed, and they even turned one into a school, but who's to say how many there are. I'm sure they could easily convert a couple of those things to work.

And considering that the Promethius was around since season six, if they do have two teams I think Daedalus would take one, and Odyssey would take the second.
    Last edited by x_sid; February 10th, 2006 at 07:41 PM.

Exactly how did they get Mitchell free without actually killing any of the Allience dudes or getting hurt themselves? Magic?
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Default Re: Question about 2/10/06 Ep

Baal aquired the asguard beaming technology through Annubis. Since Baal took over Annubis' territories he aquired the asguard technology (Baal also was a serveant to Annubis for a while which could be another way he aquired the technology). Annubis aquired the technology by downloading the asguard information from Thor's Brain.
    Descendant of Ancient

"Knowledge Runs Like An Endless River"

This was a great ep, I didnt like the new guns or the new captain but beside that it was great. I like teal'c going crazy on the goauld in the ship Were they putting tags on the dhds or was it just for the stargates?

Lieutenant Colonel warmbeachbrat's Avatar

I'm watching the second showing now and have a couple of questions.

Dr. Lee (why, oh why, didn't they show him in this episode?) determined that this kassa stuff was genetically engineered. I wonder who is behind that?

Hmmm, interesting--Mitchell's never been late for a check in with the SGC. Maybe not quite the complete screw-up that others think.

What incident is Landry referring to when he talks about SG-1 being the first to be implanted with that locating chip?

Do we know when Ba'al acquired Asgard beaming technology?

I'm sure I'll have more.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...or/leeanim.gif and Spudster made another neat one http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3658/lee1ec.gif Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ilightBark.gif

Quote Originally Posted by warmbeachbrat
    I'm watching the second showing now and have a couple of questions.

Dr. Lee (why, oh why, didn't they show him in this episode?) determined that this kassa stuff was genetically engineered. I wonder who is behind that?

Hmmm, interesting--Mitchell's never been late for a check in with the SGC. Maybe not quite the complete screw-up that others think.

What incident is Landry referring to when he talks about SG-1 being the first to be implanted with that locating chip?

Do we know when Ba'al acquired Asgard beaming technology?

I'm sure I'll have more.
    There was no need for Lee as the corn really wasnt part of the plot just a plot device to get the story moving. Maybe they will revisit addictive corn later and Lee can be in that ep.

That Mitchell checkpoint thing... guess they aren't counting babylon, I dont remember enough about the rest of the eps to say whether that is true or not. Seemed like a throw away line just to again try to prove to us that Mitchell is somehow better then eveyone else.

I think Landry was referring to the uber large and obvious transmitter that Daniel was wearing last week in Ethon.

Baal probably got the beaming tech from Anubis.

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by x_sid
    There are seveal old Atlas rocket bunkers that would probably be big enough to hold them in Kansas alone. True they've all been closed, and they even turned one into a school, but who's to say how many there are. I'm sure they could easily convert a couple of those things to work.
    so they're building ships around here???? cool!!

although i gotta admit i've logged a lotta road time the past few weeks and haven't seen much in the way of space ships

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    Exactly how did they get Mitchell free without actually killing any of the Allience dudes or getting hurt themselves? Magic?
    yet another example of tell instead of show.

thre's been a lot of that lately. such as sam rigging the stargate

they keep telling us that things happen but persist in not showing it

Quote Originally Posted by JUNIOR
    What do you mean feeding Nerus accomplished nothing? That was a key part of the episode because the locater beckon that he ate lead them straight to Ba'al, which in part allowed SG-1 to complete the mission
    Not that portion. The plying him with food didn't exactly get more useful information out of him. Dessert should never have been delivered.... not at that moment anyway.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast