No announcement yet.

Ethon (915)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it when they blow things up! This ep was more like the old Stargate IMO than anything else this season. I especially liked seeing Ernie Hudson's guest turn. And Daniel and Kane's exchange in the cells:

Kane: Do you ever give up?
    Daniel: Not until I'm dead. (pause) And sometimes, not even then.

*snicker* I love it when the show makes fun of itself.

Yes, too bad about Pendergast. :-(

Comment

man, that hurt when prommie went down...and at the end when jackson told mitchell that they dumped the talks and nuked each other, i was like, wtf is wrong with yall? prommie got wasted for nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict
        okay ep - 3 stars. best of the season so far.

SG-1 drinks coors light...awesome!
        On base - on duty... not so cool.

But the episode was fine. Depressing but thats what they were going for so it was fine.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
          WEll, don't care about the PRometheus. It's an inanimate object. IT's like blowing up a Buick. I'm ticked off the writers killed off Pendergaast. Yes yes, the reality of war, etc., but sheesh, I guess I might as well not care about any of the recurring characters the way the writers keep bumping 'em off.

Overall, a decent episode except Pendergaast getting blown to bits. SIgh.
          Pretty much my opinion.

Coupled with the fact that I found Icon boring (I don't think I've ever watched it all the way through) and don't really care about either the Rand or C.... the "C" people. Blah, I can't even remember their name.

Did the cute blonde bridge girl get off safely?

Comment

One of the best episodes of the series for me.
            Great acting, actually great concern, dark twisted ending.
            They really showcased the Oris' power in this ep, imagine weapons they build themselves and onto their starships.

I wasn't suspecting from Ethon when I first heard about it, then I heard the rumors about Prommie and it got me more interested, then I saw the trailer and I was looking forward to it, now I'm like... whoa.

Only thing that made me mad was they didn't show the memorial service. Still amazing, so long Colonel Penderghast.

Here's to Prommie.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil
              Why in the world did they find it necessary to destroy prometheous?? I think that was really stupid, and I think this show is on the verge of running aground in dumb-land. Earth needs to step it up a notch and actually find some weapons and shields that actually work.
              This I disagree with. It's past time there were some real consequences. I'm extremely pleased that this wasn't all neatly tied up with a happy ending. I like happy endings as much as the next person but things get stale when you know everything turns out ok all the time.

The show would really suck if the Tauri just dug up a better weapon everytime a bad guy comes along. It's war, things get blown up. I can live with that. Granted I bet that's what will happen in the end but in the mean time a little hardship is warranted.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I knew we should taken out the satellite when we had the chance

and I also felt alittle of the old episodes of Stargate. I liked this episode.

Pendergast - "How could it penetrate our Asguard designed shields"
                Carter - "I don't know sir"

?? does this mean they don't think the ori are capable of getting past puny asguard shields. Well compared to ASCENDED being there puny

Comment

It was a so-so episode. I give it a * 1/2. Cool Prometheus visual effects. It's sad the Prometheus was destroyed
                  sigpic

Comment

My question is why did they focus so much on that one crew member that was helping out Carter? Usually those guys just nod and do whatever they're told. They made it seem like he's someone significant. Is he going to have an important role to play in the future?

Comment

Pendergast died ;_; grrr why do I keep liking characters that tend to end up dead (and Im not just talking about this show either)

I enjoyed the episode

and am kinda sad to see the prommie get blown to bits even if I thought the thing was ugly

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        On base - on duty... not so cool.

But the episode was fine. Depressing but thats what they were going for so it was fine.
                        On base- yes. On duty- no. Mitchell just came back from delivering the news to Pendergast's family, and Daniel was probably just doing some private research.

As for the Prometheus getting wasted- I see what they're doing. It's the classic wrestling build-up: Babyface (Stargate Command) gets beat up by the Heel (Ori). Heel continues to beat up babyface, till almost all hope is lost- then the Babyface makes the big comeback and throws the Ori off the top of the cell into fifteeen burning tables wraped in barbed wire....

Yeah, that kind of got away from me. Point is- the Ori need to been seen as a threat. Hence, a lot of the shows icons (no pun intended) are going to get destroyed before they are finally beaten. Especially if this carries over into a tenth season.

The Man

Comment

What makes it even more tragic is the fact a puny race like that, that got their hands on something more advanced (like us btw ) destroyed us. I would have no hard feelings if were someone like the Ori who did, but the puny guys down there .

I also think it's the fact that the prommie has survived close to 4 seasons being our first and only battlecruiser (other then the recent arrival of the Deadalus) which kicked some ass!

Ernie Hudson (Pendergast) is my hero.

-al

Comment

Oh I am seriously unhappy! Do they really have so many recurring characters that they feel the need to bump them off every now and again? I really liked Pendergast. I can't believe we're not going to see him any more. If they ever even think of touching Dr. Lee....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Wow, this was actually quite a nice episode.

The only thing that really bothered me was the EMP explanation. I thought the Caladonians had nukes -- why not just use the EMP from detonating one of them in the upper atmosphere? That would have provided an interesting character moment given Mitchell's hate for them. (Of course, a nuke may have pissed the Rands off enough to make them not consider a deal...)
                              aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Okay, first of all, WOW. It seems that SG-1's been going through a roll, and Ethon just makes it even better.

A great plot with strong acting from the whole cast makes this one of the best episodes this season, IMO. It's just...AAH! It's just SO GOOD!

Maybe when I calm down, I'll give a full review, but for now:

RIP Colonel Pendergast, the other 38 crewmembers and the Prometheus, thank you for saving Earth time and time again.

There's only us,
                                There's only this
                                Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                                No other road,
                                No other way
                                No day but today...

Comment

Working...
                                X