Ethon (915)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
    I made the mistake to watch this episode again and now I'm astronomically pissed because these stupid people destroyed Prometheus and killed Col. Pendergast.
    This makes my list of "saddest moments in SG1 history". I really liked Pendergast and hated seeing this happen to him.

Comment

I did too
      I'm not a big fan of seasons 9 and 10 but this was one of the worst episodes.

I really liked Col. Emerson too

Spoiler:
      who got killed in the next season episode Company Of Thieves
      sigpic
      Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Personally, i blame it all ON SG1 for if it was not for the overriding Pendergast's order to blow up the satellite as soon as they showed up, maybe it wouldn't have gotten powered up, and blew up the Prometheus.

Comment

I'll have to go back and watch that episode. I thought it was already powering up before Prometheus even did anything besides showing up near the planet.

Comment

IIRC it was not shielded/powered up, till the ship had entered range of ITS sensors, and those on the planet knew about the promie being there, and activated it.

Comment

Close to reality - try everything and lose badly.
              Sorry for Pendergast, the people on the planet weren't worth it.
              Liked Carter in this one and the frustrating last scene - just like real life.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Meaning of the name, 'Ethon'.

For those who are curious about the title of the episode, I found this online on a baby-naming site:-

Ethon Character Analysis of Meaning

Here is the characteristics of Ethon in details.
                Although you have a good appreciation of material values, business ability, and skill in organizing and managing others, your success is restricted by a lack of self-confidence and initiative.
                You have very expensive tastes, and your desires could well exceed your initiative in providing for them through your own efforts.
                You have good business judgment but lack the confidence to carry out your own ideas unless assisted by an associate.
                Your first name of Ethon has given you an expressive, diplomatic, and refined nature.
                From a desire to eat too many rich foods, your health could suffer through kidney and generative troubles or any problems affecting the fluid functions of the body.
                You are always well-groomed yourself, and you judge others by your own standard.
                Through your diplomatic ways you are able to call on the assistance of others to avoid such matters.
                Personal appearance is important to you.
                You do not like to rough it or use much physical energy.

Judging by this analysis, I would say it could apply to either the Rand First Minister, or his first leftenant who changes his mind when swayed by Daniel and Kanes' argument.

Comment

Considering how many countries act exactly like the Rand Protectorate and Caledonia, this story will never get old.

It's a case of mutually assured destruction, which SG-1's intervention only delays. In the end, the divide over their differences is simply too big and they destroy themselves in the process. It's sad but not uncommon, and a lesson many have yet to learn.

I'd forgotten about Pendergast's heroic demise -- going down with his ship like that.

It's a tragic story, for everyone involved really.
                  It's gripping and dramatic. I really liked it.

How would you rate SG-1's "Ethon?"

Excellent

Good
                  Fair
                  Poor
                  Terrible

*************EDIT******************

3-episode quiz: Ripple Effect, Stronghold & Ethon

Jigsaw puzzle: Ethon
                  Last edited by Falcon Horus; 13 October 2020, 04:25 PM. Reason: Adding quiz and jigsaw links...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I always expected a connection between the Asutan satellite, the Ori satellite and the Ancients one (the Harsiesis one from "Absolute Power"). I know it sounds just a plot recycle, but maybe it could be explained with the common anchestors etc.

I liked this episode, but maybe this story could have deserved a two parter as well.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It is really sad that we lost Pendergast he was such a nice guy and good commander. Poor Enterpri..ehm Prometheus

Comment

Shame on you FH. You should of had a puzzle of Prometheus blowing up.

I love this episode just because of the Prometheus blowing up. At the time I thought it was so ambitious to blow it up. The waring nations is nothing new but I think the difference is how hot Rand and Caledonia get. I also like how dark the ending is. It goes to show that peace is only possible if both sides want it. It also has my favorite Daniel line about being dead.

Excellent with 12/15 and 6:31
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                          X