This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will they meet any Ascended?

Well i wonder if in SGA they gonna find some Ascended Ancient, who would be able to provide them more infos

What you think?
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Hmm.... if, then only by accident.

The (now ascended) ancients like to stay out of everything as we know.
    Yeah, there are exceptions, like Oma(r?), but we already meat that one.

I'd like to meet an ascended Daniell

Comment

Well i'm pretty sure there must be some ascended around there in Pegasus Galaxy

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

i was kind off surprised we didn't meet any in Rising. if you take SG1's episode Ascension (S5) i expected them to show up but i think we will meet more ascended ancients or even normal ancients (probably those who didn't ascended or descended). i wouldn't be surprised if they played a big part at the end of Atlantis' first season

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
          i was kind off surprised we didn't meet any in Rising. if you take SG1's episode Ascension (S5) i expected them to show up but i think we will meet more ascended ancients or even normal ancients (probably those who didn't ascended or descended). i wouldn't be surprised if they played a big part at the end of Atlantis' first season
          I agree, i was also surprised. When first i saw the picture of the hologram in spoilers, i thought it was an ascended, but obviously i was worng.

If you want to know more about this Topic here's the link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=760

You can discuss it here and also find a couple of really good explanations
          so go ahead!!!
          Last edited by veneticuss; 18 July 2004, 08:05 AM.

Comment

One thing I have always wondered about is if the ascended are as powerful as they are, why not wipe out the Wraith, unless the Ancients have a good reason for keeping them around, like say preventing an even MORE threatening species from becoming SG-A's new nemesis.

And is there any particular "place" that The Others hang out at, like maybe hang out in Atlantis perhaps.?
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
              One thing I have always wondered about is if the ascended are as powerful as they are, why not wipe out the Wraith, unless the Ancients have a good reason for keeping them around, like say preventing an even MORE threatening species from becoming SG-A's new nemesis.

And is there any particular "place" that The Others hang out at, like maybe hang out in Atlantis perhaps.?

Because the Wraith's power matched the power of the Ancients. The Ancients did not expect that and were not prepared for it. It is mentioned in the S8 opener.

Comment

If you want to know more about that topic here's the link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=760

You can discuss it there and you will also find some really good explanations there
                So go ahead!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SBacklin
                  Because the Wraith's power matched the power of the Ancients. The Ancients did not expect that and were not prepared for it. It is mentioned in the S8 opener.
                  The ancients are and were far more better with the Techonlogie and stuff comparing the Wraith. It is al mentioned in the Pilot

Comment

Atlantis Openner, not S8.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think there's probably a few lurking around somewhere, and it's not like they need to travel by gate or ship, (since Daniel just appeared in Abyss and Changeling). I doubt the Ascended would help them, though.

Maybe they could meet a Descended Ancient who could help them figure out the technology.

Comment

The Ascended Ancients have god-like powers on top of their technology, and didn't use it to enact revenge upon the Wraith.

To answer the original question...
                        I assume the Ascended just left the Wraith alone. It doesn't seem like it was in their nature to wipe out another (evil) race in either their human or ascended form.
                        Besides it doesn't appear as the Wraith would or could follow the Ancients when they left our plane of existance. There was nothing for the Wraith to feed on.

Comment

Actually, the rule is that they are not allowed to interfere in the natural evolution of human development. However, as a collective, they should be able to come to the conclusion that the Wraith, having wiped them out, do not deserve to co-exist in any part of the universe, and like Ben Parker said in Spider-Man," With great power comes great responsibility." Of course some would argue that he also says just because you can beat someone up, doesnt give you the right to. but my arguement is that the Wraith have been more of a plague than the Goa'uld ever have or will be. The Wraith kill for their own survival, and do so without remorse. The Goa'uld enslave people. The Wraith killed off the Ancients using bio warfare. In retaliation, I believe the Ancients should respond with their full power in either wiping out the Wraith, or diminish their numbers, or hurt them in some way in that they cannot do to others to what they did to the Ancients.

I wonder though if it would be possible if Atlantis Stargate could have some kind of "bio-filter" installed into the even horizon/DHD that would prevent the Wraith from stepping through the Atlantis gate.

Comment

but my arguement is that the Wraith have been more of a plague than the Goa'uld ever have or will be. The Wraith kill for their own survival, and do so without remorse.
                            Umm... we kill for our own survival, and do so without remorse. Shoot, we wiped some species off the face of the Earth.
                            *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                            McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Our survival is only meant for a limited time and then we let ourselves die, the wraith do it so that they can live for all time. Remember, the Caretaker said that they had not had such rich feeding grounds in over 10,000 years, but they have been around for millions, just like the Ancients.

Comment

Working...
                              X