• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stronghold (914)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON NINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 914

Baal kidnaps Teal'c as part of a plot to brainwash those Jaffa advocating a move toward democracy. Cameron Mitchell learns that an old friend is about to die.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:45 PM.

I know that it's not quite over yet but Ripple Effect now has competition as far as i'm concerned.

i kinda like the jaffa stuff, it's nice to see teal'c actually earn his keep

i did think that the cameron B plot was super cheesy and silly adn let's not even go into the plot hole of leaving classified alien tech u nsecured in a hospital (why didn't cam move him to the sgc?????)

but the rest was good.

and the whole 'i told my father' bit, was horribly blown out of proportion in the spoilers

sniff, i'm sad to see baal go though

i really hope i'm wrong and it's one of his clones
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

too many plot points for one episode - results in a few good parts but a mostly bad ep.

Comment

Pretty Dakara.
        Hey the female jaffa has got an actual name but she has annoyed Teal’c…Bad female Jaffa.
        Interesting how all the ‘good and wise’ jaffa are Apophis jaffa (judging from the mark on their foreheads)
        She’s a spy? Well that stinks… hopefully just a clone… guess the old guy will be replaced with a clone now too. Maybe Teal’c will be replaced with a clone too.

B story? Hmmm brand new guest character I have never heard of before is sick, too bad for him. Lets get on with the A story please.
        Ha, I told you …. clones.
        B story stuff.
        Bra’tec at the SGC. Poor Teal’c but scene is a bit overdramatic.
        Ahh captured Teal’c…. Brain washing instead of cloning, maybe?
        B story.
        Bra’tec and Daniel… Bra’tec is pppeeddddd.
        Ahhh so they ARE being brainwashed.
        Bra’tec, master of looking into peoples eyes, at least that’s continuity.
        Man, this B story is really slowing things down.

Teal’c is not easy to brainwash. As I always suspected, Teal’c rules!!
        Baal, nice suite, not exactly systemlordy is it?
        Oh, so Teal’cs former brainwashing is why he can’t be brainwashed…. So what they all have to go through the Mal’sharak thing.

Baal… hahahahaha giving up the God thing… I like his flanged voice though.
        Are they setting Baal up to be an Alley? You can never trust him.
        He wants to be the leader of the jaffa counsel? Hahahahahaha… got news for you bud you may not be deluded enough to think you’re a god but you are indeed deluded.

You must face Mal’sharak with clear mind and conviction? Teal’c was clear minded and convicted last time? Hmm…ok whatever I do think this brainwashing is not as intense as Apophis’s stuff.

Seemed like when Jacob had this exact same B story it was far less annoying. Plus we actually knew who that character was because he was introduced an ep or so earlier so maybe that helped. Hey I hope Mitchell pays for that. …. OK, Good for him!!!

Yep, that was clear minded….good call Bra’tec.
        Baal he’s going to say “no” so why even ask? Gee your going to kill him eh Baal? I am sure Teal’c never suspected that.

So they don’t have airmen that can deliver stuff, you got to use a Lt col who should be preparing for a big mission and make her delivery person? Okey Dokey.. That’s pretty cool that he will show that guy with the memory device.. Guess they are maintaining a treaty with those people after all….OK, we know you are going to show him can we get back on with the A story? A. Story. Please. 8:45PM. Hmm kirking joke.
        Reynolds!!!!
        Not sure just standing there while an alkesh shoots at you is a good idea jaffa boy.
        Maybe someone should snipe the cannons.
        Not a sound military decision, shades of Immotep. Sodan training didn’t appear to take.
        Teal’c is faking him out…faaaakkkkeeee oooouuuuuttttt.
        Yes, Baal, he is.
        Hmmm Super Mitchell (much like Super Crichton) that’s disappointing but much expected from S9.
        Clone Baal #3 is dead.
        Daniel acting like Jack again.
        Yeah, good guy jaffa win.

Hmmm disappointing ep. Soo much potential so much missed opportunity. Maybe next week will be better.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Wonder if tretonin prevents heart attacks and strokes? I think Teal’c has more stress now than ever before with the all the political garbage. I won’t lie; the political stuff is boring. And I could swear I’ve heard it all before in another episode.

Hmm, is Baal’s suit made out of drapes?

Alas, the Teal’c plot wasn’t very exciting. Baal’s becoming like a slick politician and I don’t recall him sounding so British before… and how many times have they already brainwashed Teal’c?

Sam’s hair looks dreadful. Quick, watch “Grace Under Pressure” to see how her hair SHOULD be styled. Alas, probably won’t happen. Maybe they have better hair products in the Pegasus Galaxy….

The Mitch subplot (plot B) was more interesting, although similar to Sam and her dad (dying, can’t tell classified information, but….).

I don’t know. The whole episode seemed sorta anti-climatic.

However, best scene was Mitch, in ‘bad mood today’ running into gou’ald ship and shooting everybody he saw. Alas, it was right at the end!

And Sam telling Daniel to stop playing handball.

And Mitch getting the letter about his friend passing away.

I’d give it a “C” for average.

Comment

Very nice action at the end.
            Stronghold is by far the best episode this season.

Comment

yet anouther Baal clone bites the dust (I hope as I love Baal)

I found this to be an Ok ep

nice to see Sam kicking butt again plus Baal :wub:

Comment

Was I the only one who was bored out of their mind by this ep? I really liked the Jaffa stuff (and gosh, when have I EVER said THAT?), but the Mitchell stuff was just...ugh...as predictable as watching paint dry. Loved seeing Ba'al...yup, I'd bet anything that was one of his clones. Ba'al's waaay too smart to get killed off so easily. And what was with Sam opening and working on the control panel in full view and line of sight for the "bad" jaffa weapons...and NOT ONE hit her with a zat blast?? Geez, these guys were worse shots than ever before. Even I could have hit her. Brainwashing must really affect jaffa aim.

Comment

Good episode. I give it a ***. Best visual effects of the Al'kesh ever in the series.

The music at the end of the ep, what episdoe did I hear it in?
                  sigpic

Comment

<exits lurking mode>

*raises hand* Favorite episode so far this season. If there was anything that bugged me, it was the Jaffa politics (but politics bore me anyway, so don't listen to my biased opinion). Thankfully there really wasn't that much in the way of politics this ep though.

I loved the Mitchell plot. I think because of this episode, I officially love the charachter. I like that he's becoming his own charachter now, without seeming like a Jack O'Neill clone.

*nods* Good ep. Very nice.
                    Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
                    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
                    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Comment

Hey, Headmaster Charleston is a Jaffa! (Gilmore Girls fan here) Well, that took me right out of the story.

Hmm, I wonder about the whole gender thing with the Jaffa. I think Teal'c doesn't doubt that women are equal warriors (working with Sam all these years, than meeting Ish'ta convinced him of that) but he still seems to have some old fashioned (very old, I'm guessing) ideas.

I wonder if Ba'al is denying his godship to everyone, or did he just do it with Teal'c, because he knows that it won't work and he had to use another tactic?

Yay! Daniel and Bra'tac work together. I remember there was another episode I think last season where spoilers indicated that they would have some scenes together but it didn't happen in the actual episode. Okay, Daniel didn't do any solving of anything, but it was Bra'tac's turf, so obviously Bra'tac would take the lead. But, he did figure out for himself that Jaffa Charleston had been brainwashed and that he was ashamed. Just a bit of him making jumps with his mind. And, I liked how pleased Daniel was to hear that the referendum (sp?) had passed. And, Sam gets irritated at him when he's throwing the ball (um, why did he have a ball with him on a rescue mission?) which I liked seeing.

Okay, I do think they could have given Mitchell a better plot, or put him with the rest of the team for more of the episode. But, I think they might have changed a couple of things. I don't know if it was originally written into the script that he asked permission to tell dying friend everything. Maybe they heard some howls about that? And, I also seem to recall Sam originally saying that she might have told Pete anyway. I did think it was interesting that she asked him if telling his friend would change his (Mitchell's) guilt. And, also that Mitchell felt it was hypocritical to pull strings to use the memory device when he had become opposed to it after his experiences.

And, I was sooo afraid that all we were going to get was Mitchell telling us that he was impatient. I'm guessing that's his Achilles Heel, and I didn't want that to be like hearing some report. I would rather have just seen him acting impatiently without the announcement, because it still felt kind of contrived, but it was better than all tell no show.

Nice to see Sam being soldiery.

Skydiver
                      adn let's not even go into the plot hole of leaving classified alien tech u nsecured in a hospital (why didn't cam move him to the sgc?????)
                      I was thinking the same thing.

Daniel acting like Jack again

When?

eta: Can I vote Bra'tac leader of the Jaffa?
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Excellent ep, and it truly is up to the standards of old episodes. Second half of the season has been amazing so far.
                        As for the leaving the tech in the hospital, the doctor mentioned that it had access to more things than most - I think that it's working with the SGC, testing out new medical technologies brought back. The doctor knew about what was happenning, and mentioned that the patient hadn't got clearance, and then asked Mitchell how many strings he had to pull to get Ferguson in there without clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                          Excellent ep, and it truly is up to the standards of old episodes. Second half of the season has been amazing so far.
                          As for the leaving the tech in the hospital, the doctor mentioned that it had access to more things than most - I think that it's working with the SGC, testing out new medical technologies brought back. The doctor knew about what was happenning, and mentioned that the patient hadn't got clearance, and then asked Mitchell how many strings he had to pull to get Ferguson in there without clearance.
                          That could explain it. Still, what if family stopped by or something?
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I really liked this quite a lot. We actually saw machine gun fire, space ship battles, Baal!! Mitchell was awesome when he busted the coffee machine and then went in to save Teal'c gung ho style...I believe his character is finally being formed-and I like it quite a lot.

Oh, and Braytac was brilliant in this episode. I especially loved when he choked the Jaffa who was lying to him. This really felt up to the quality of the original seasons...I'm not just an old season purist, most of my favorite moments in this episode were from Mitchell.

Comment

Can we say boring?! This episode was like watching paint dry. What was with Mitchell and his dying friend? Why should I care about his friend? I can't even remember his name. How is this supposed to help us know Mitchell? Well, I really don't care for Mitchell, but I think a better way is to learn about him with the team. Come to mention it, we did learn something about him with the team. He's brash and takes off on his own without backup.

Why couldn't Sam and Daniel go up with Mitchell and why was it Mitchell who went up? He's never fought Jaffa before and they let him go single handed? Made absolute NO sense. And the excuse of not having a way back down didn't fly. I seem to remember the team going into a ship together thinking they were going to go down together, and technically, Daniel did kind of die in that epi.

Teal'c. Jaffa stories bore me but this one wasn't too bad, probably because I was FF through all the Mitchell stuff. But I always like Teal'c...I love his smile.

Daniel was good in this episode. Sometimes I miss the young Daniel of yesteryears, but he had to grow up and become macho (no complaints). If anything, he should have been the one to go up in the rings to get Teal'c.

Sam was great. She can definately lead.

Did I say this was boring? Oh yeah, I did. Well, another week and TPTB haven't made me like Mitchell anymore than 14 episodes ago. I'm sorry, he needs to go. I really don't want to see him return in the 10th season. TPTB had plenty of time to have him meld with team and it's not happening. I just don't feel the love, it's still feeling forced to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X