Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Yeah, so? Honestly, look at a single scene and every fan and every ship fan will see what they want to see in the scene, whether it was written in or not.

People see what they want to see and pull out a scene what they want to pull out of it.

Part of that whole 'coexisting with others' thing is simply respecting others and the characters they like. Ship threads aside, folks here really don't care who Sam may or may not have slept with. (and even in those ship threads, people play there because they like the pairing in that thread and really don't care to explore others)

Going on and on about Sam's supposed promiscuity is skirting dangerously close to disrespecting the character. And we have rules here against that. If your focus is speculating on Sam's partners....maybe your time would be better spent in a fanfic archive.
    Very well said!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

This is my last question about Sam and Martouf and then I'll shut up. How recently have you all seen this ep that you can comment accurately on whether or not they did anything? Surely if you haven't seen it in ten years you have forgotten a lot of what happened, let alone the subtle smiles and glances between characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
        This is my last question about Sam and Martouf and then I'll shut up. How recently have you all seen this ep that you can comment accurately on whether or not they did anything? Surely if you haven't seen it in ten years you have forgotten a lot of what happened, let alone the subtle smiles and glances between characters.
        As the moderator who replied to your question said: "Who cares" - (except for you). And your continuing to hammer away at the subject isn't going to change that. It doesn't matter when the last time was that any of us saw it. We don't agree with what you are trying to cram down people's throats. If you want to believe what you say happened, then go for it.

Again, why are you so obsessive about who Sam may or may not have sex with? Just let it go and move on to other subjects. You've already been warned by a moderator about the tone of your questions and how they disrespect Sam. Continuing this line of questioning isn't going to do you any good. With the possible exception of the Sam/Martouf thread (which in the title states that people want them to be together), the majority of folks answering have disagreed with you. So, please just drop this and move on.

P.S. - there are people here on GW that have seen most of the episodes 20-30 times or more, so even if it was a long time ago that they saw this episode, I'm sure they know ever single nuance of the episode that there is to be found.
        Last edited by hedwig; 06 November 2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I just got back into my re-watch - again. The ep I finished the night with was Ripple Effect, and I'm just going to admit that my heart was hammering every time a new SG-1 entered the SGC; which one would bring Janet? I definitely forgot that Martouf would make another appearance, so when he showed up I was freaking out a bit. I miss them so much that I was a bit resentful that half the episode took place on a ship with evil!SG-1 instead of back at the base.

Because of all that time away from the SGC, it didn't have the emotional impact I thought it would with Janet there. I suppose they all caught up with one another off-screen, but I would've loved more interaction.

The DanJan that the actors played up was certainly welcome. Overall, fun episode but would've been more interesting with more of the alternate SG-1 teams involved. I realize that would've been a lot of work having them all on screen and interacting, but, eh, I can wish.
          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I wonder, if all the alternate SG's were given copies of our mission files, so they could do similar stuff to what we have done, such as settle atlantis etc..

Comment

I'd doubt they would actually be given the files, but certainly there was a huge exchange of information. In some situations, the alternate teams probably came up with better solutions than the home team did.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Well, the other teams didn't have any files when they stranded on Earth - maybe some information was exchanged, no files.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Somebody explain this to me, if possible. I apologize if this has been discussed in this thread before, but i don't feel like weeding through 44 pages of posts. So here goes, with all the alternate SG-1's in the SGC how come none of them experienced the entropic cascade failure that the alternate Carter experienced in Point of View? It don't make sense.

Comment

Sadly, it's probably because TPTB didn't want to deal with that, so they ignored it.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

The alternates came from AUs that are different from the one we followed trough the series, which could explain the lack of the entropic cascade failure in this episode.

Or perhaps, the entropic cascade failure takes time to kick in based on how many versions of the same individual is located within the same AU. Here, perhaps there was too many instances of everyone so the ECF might have been messed up altogether because of some kind of a failsafe in the space time continuum.

But yeah, production-wise, it's what Muffinchucker said. They already had actors play XX versions of their characters from XX AUs and to actually do the entropic cascade failure stuff, they'd need to dig into their wallets more. But the "more" was already taken by another group of characters who were doing their own thing in a freakin' flying city.

Comment

Is there someone else who would welcome more if Lantash would return in the body of Lieutenant Elliot? He also had the interesting dynamics with Carter and I liked his character more than Martouf.

Comment

Anything can happen in other realities. Imagine the possibilities if

- a non-Goa'uld Apophis would have joined the SG-1 on Chulak and Teal'c is the bad Goa'uld guy
                          - Thor, Chaka, Shau're, Lyta, Baal or Todd would have joined the SG-1 - so much fun even to explain how on Earth could such things happen

I wish this story would have been a two-parter as it felt it was a bit rushed while they could have played even weirder team combinations.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Okay, first of all... How did noone remember what color uniform SG-1 was wearing? The other team was in black fatigues, for crying out loud.

Anywho...

Grand Central Station of the Multiverse has so many feels, especially with bringing back Janet and Martouf for the occasion. Though would have liked more scenes between Carter and Janet, instead of having all of them with Martouf. They could have balanced that out a little better.

I think the combining of the story of having all those teams stuck in our universe, with one team having evil things in mind, was pretty well done. Although, one could argue whether they were really evil wanting the ZPM to save their own galaxy... although, finding it acceptable to condemn an entire universe over one's own... that's just a little too diabolical to be considered acceptable, I guess.

Nevertheless, it made for a good episode, seeing them facing themselves on the Prometheus. Some good comic moments.

Also, Kvasir with his impeccable timing in the lab... Come on Asgard! Really!

How would you rate SG-1's "Ripple Effect?"

Excellent

Good
                            Fair
                            Poor
                            Terrible
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I totally agree with you about Sam and Janet. They got just one scene together. It could have been much more emotional with more Janet and less Martouf. Janet is just a perfect character and I miss her so much. I liked Martouf but less is sometimes more.
                              The almost kiss between Sam and Martouf was also very...ehm, so I would say... I didn’t expect it
                              I just can not think about our beloved characters that they would be so evil. SO evil.
                              But altogether I like the episode. One of my favourite in 9th season.

Comment

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
                                I just can not think about our beloved characters that they would be so evil. SO evil.
                                Depending on the situation and how dire it is, we are all capable of being evil or do ethically questionable things to save the people we love, or defend our homes... wether you do the right thing for the wrong reasons, or the wrong thing for the right reasons is a matter of perspective.

They did make them wear black -- a color much associated with things considered bad or evil.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X