Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3441424344
    Major

Default Re: Ripple Effect (913)

Quote Originally Posted by Claire98909 View Post
    I doubt her feelings for him would have been strong enough to initiate a kiss if she hadn't done stuff with him prior.
    Some people (not you, clearly) do kiss for reasons that have nothing to do with sex.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Chief Master Sergeant

At the end of the episode when they're all saying their goodbyes, Sam and Martouf are standing very close together (touching) and Martouf kisses her on the cheek, which Sam happily receives. Seems like a lover's gesture.

I feel like if it was any other character who was getting close to another character, even if we never saw a kiss between them, the general consensus would be that they slept together.
    Last edited by Claire98909; October 31st, 2015 at 07:56 PM.

At the end of the episode when they're all saying their goodbyes, Sam and Martouf are standing very close together (touching) and Martouf kisses her on the cheek, which Sam happily receives. Seems like a lover's gesture.

I feel like if it was any other character who was getting close to another character, even if we never saw a kiss between them, the general consensus would be that they slept together.
    Yes, they did - in Martoufs reality, remember, they lived together. Here in Carter's reality this kiss is a farewell kiss forever.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Yes, they did - in Martoufs reality, remember, they lived together. Here in Carter's reality this kiss is a farewell kiss forever.
    They did what, have sex?

Given your definition of why they may have had sex, the same would apply to Daniel and Janet, given the way they hugged each other when they first saw each other. That was far more of a "lover's" hug than the "close friend" kiss that Martouf gave Sam. I've seen many good friends (male/female) kiss each other like that and it didn't result in them running off to have a quicky.

I still say there simply was no time for Sam and Martouf to run off and have sex when there was so much going on around them and so much needing to be resolved. They simply are not that kind of people. And if Sam was that kind of person, who is to say she and Jack never had sex (aside from the regulations preventing them from doing so). I'm still of the firm opinion that she would not have cheated on Jack like that, just for a little quicky.

They did what, have sex?
    You seem to be obsessed with this particular scene...you've just come into another thread to ask the same question...

I find this rather disconcerting tbh....

Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Chief Master Sergeant

Do you really think that Martouf did this goofy grin simply because Kvasir said that he had completed the calibrations?

http://i.imgur.com/G8QBm94.png

Major

Claire, so far as I can tell, you've gotten "I don't think so" from just about every thread you've asked this in.

If you think so, you think so. Why is it so important to you to convince the rest of us?

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Chief Master Sergeant

Well, the folks over in the Sam/Martouf relationship thread seem to think they did. Or at least they want to think they did...

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Yeah, so? Honestly, look at a single scene and every fan and every ship fan will see what they want to see in the scene, whether it was written in or not.

People see what they want to see and pull out a scene what they want to pull out of it.

Part of that whole 'coexisting with others' thing is simply respecting others and the characters they like. Ship threads aside, folks here really don't care who Sam may or may not have slept with. (and even in those ship threads, people play there because they like the pairing in that thread and really don't care to explore others)

Going on and on about Sam's supposed promiscuity is skirting dangerously close to disrespecting the character. And we have rules here against that. If your focus is speculating on Sam's partners....maybe your time would be better spent in a fanfic archive.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    Yeah, so? Honestly, look at a single scene and every fan and every ship fan will see what they want to see in the scene, whether it was written in or not.

People see what they want to see and pull out a scene what they want to pull out of it.

Part of that whole 'coexisting with others' thing is simply respecting others and the characters they like. Ship threads aside, folks here really don't care who Sam may or may not have slept with. (and even in those ship threads, people play there because they like the pairing in that thread and really don't care to explore others)

Going on and on about Sam's supposed promiscuity is skirting dangerously close to disrespecting the character. And we have rules here against that. If your focus is speculating on Sam's partners....maybe your time would be better spent in a fanfic archive.
    Very well said!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Chief Master Sergeant

This is my last question about Sam and Martouf and then I'll shut up. How recently have you all seen this ep that you can comment accurately on whether or not they did anything? Surely if you haven't seen it in ten years you have forgotten a lot of what happened, let alone the subtle smiles and glances between characters.

This is my last question about Sam and Martouf and then I'll shut up. How recently have you all seen this ep that you can comment accurately on whether or not they did anything? Surely if you haven't seen it in ten years you have forgotten a lot of what happened, let alone the subtle smiles and glances between characters.
    As the moderator who replied to your question said: "Who cares" - (except for you). And your continuing to hammer away at the subject isn't going to change that. It doesn't matter when the last time was that any of us saw it. We don't agree with what you are trying to cram down people's throats. If you want to believe what you say happened, then go for it.

Again, why are you so obsessive about who Sam may or may not have sex with? Just let it go and move on to other subjects. You've already been warned by a moderator about the tone of your questions and how they disrespect Sam. Continuing this line of questioning isn't going to do you any good. With the possible exception of the Sam/Martouf thread (which in the title states that people want them to be together), the majority of folks answering have disagreed with you. So, please just drop this and move on.

P.S. - there are people here on GW that have seen most of the episodes 20-30 times or more, so even if it was a long time ago that they saw this episode, I'm sure they know ever single nuance of the episode that there is to be found.
    Last edited by hedwig; November 6th, 2015 at 04:55 PM.

I just got back into my re-watch - again. The ep I finished the night with was Ripple Effect, and I'm just going to admit that my heart was hammering every time a new SG-1 entered the SGC; which one would bring Janet? I definitely forgot that Martouf would make another appearance, so when he showed up I was freaking out a bit. I miss them so much that I was a bit resentful that half the episode took place on a ship with evil!SG-1 instead of back at the base.

Because of all that time away from the SGC, it didn't have the emotional impact I thought it would with Janet there. I suppose they all caught up with one another off-screen, but I would've loved more interaction.

The DanJan that the actors played up was certainly welcome. Overall, fun episode but would've been more interesting with more of the alternate SG-1 teams involved. I realize that would've been a lot of work having them all on screen and interacting, but, eh, I can wish.
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Major General

I wonder, if all the alternate SG's were given copies of our mission files, so they could do similar stuff to what we have done, such as settle atlantis etc..

Major

I'd doubt they would actually be given the files, but certainly there was a huge exchange of information. In some situations, the alternate teams probably came up with better solutions than the home team did.

Seaboe

Well, the other teams didn't have any files when they stranded on Earth - maybe some information was exchanged, no files.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

First Lieutenant

Somebody explain this to me, if possible. I apologize if this has been discussed in this thread before, but i don't feel like weeding through 44 pages of posts. So here goes, with all the alternate SG-1's in the SGC how come none of them experienced the entropic cascade failure that the alternate Carter experienced in Point of View? It don't make sense.

Major

Sadly, it's probably because TPTB didn't want to deal with that, so they ignored it.

Seaboe

Second Lieutenant

The alternates came from AUs that are different from the one we followed trough the series, which could explain the lack of the entropic cascade failure in this episode.

Or perhaps, the entropic cascade failure takes time to kick in based on how many versions of the same individual is located within the same AU. Here, perhaps there was too many instances of everyone so the ECF might have been messed up altogether because of some kind of a failsafe in the space time continuum.

But yeah, production-wise, it's what Muffinchucker said. They already had actors play XX versions of their characters from XX AUs and to actually do the entropic cascade failure stuff, they'd need to dig into their wallets more. But the "more" was already taken by another group of characters who were doing their own thing in a freakin' flying city.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3441424344