Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Okay, first of all... How did noone remember what color uniform SG-1 was wearing? The other team was in black fatigues, for crying out loud.
    I just assumed it was normal for Sg-1 to bring more than one type of clothing with them, so it would not be unusual to see them come back wearing different fatigues than they left in. I can't recall if it ever happened in an episode, but it makes sense that if they're going to a planet where they're expected to stay overnight, they might want to have black fatigues to change into for stealthy night missions and the like. Hell, since we never saw main universe Sg-1 leave, for all we know they left in black fatigues and came back in green cameo.
    Last edited by Xaeden; 11 October 2020, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Taking an extra pair of underwear seems like a logical thing. Fatigues, on the other hand, takes up more space than an average underpants.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Taking an extra pair of underwear seems like a logical thing. Fatigues, on the other hand, takes up more space than an average underpants.
        It's just an extra shirt, pants, and cap, and those are pretty lightweight. The flak vest and boots would stay the same. Real world soldiers are required to carry up to about 100 pounds of gear and equipment on their backs. Backpacks in Stargate are inconsistent because they don't want to overload their actors. If the script calls for them, they will make an appearance. They also show robots carrying equipment from time to time:

That's from "The First Commandment." Later in the episode, they establish a camp and show tents, tin cups, etc., so they took the time to show baggage to establish where all that equipment came from. The thing, though, is that many of Sg-1's missions last multiple days and the recon they did in "Ripple Effect" took over 24 hours, so they need sleeping equipment, extra water, and assorted supplies in a great many situations where it's not shown.

If an episode required them to change the type of fatigues they were wearing in the field for a specialized reason, I suspect the backpacks or robotic mules would suddenly show up. Having a change of clothes is rather important as it can mean the difference between life and death. And not simply because they may need to change their camouflage situationally; if, for example, their clothing gets soaked and temperatures are dropping quickly, they're going to want more than another pair of underwear to change into.
        Last edited by Xaeden; 12 October 2020, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Mmm... military personnel are rather apt at packing backpacks.

Comment

3-episode quiz: Ripple Effect, Stronghold & Ethon

Jigsaw puzzle: Ripple Effect

Comment

I find myself bored with this episode honestly. Its not bad but its been done before. We have already done multiple realities before. And the idea of an "evil" SG-1 isn't that surprising. I agree with FH that desperate people will do some pretty immoral things. Even Frasier and Martouf can't save this episode.
              Poor with 6;50
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm baaaack. 10.57
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I find myself bored with this episode honestly. Its not bad but its been done before. We have already done multiple realities before. And the idea of an "evil" SG-1 isn't that surprising. I agree with FH that desperate people will do some pretty immoral things. Even Frasier and Martouf can't save this episode.
                  Poor with 6;50

I find myself agreeing with Jelgate here. It feels like a filler episode. I don’t remember if anything from this episode is addressed in future episodes, though.

11:04

Comment

Working...
                  X