Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ripple Effect (913)

Quote Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Seriously, if they started pushing Sam/Cam, I'd probably throw my arms up in the air and give up on the whole thing...especially after the build up of last season, which led to...

*drum roll please*

get my point?

I'm constantly getting the feeling that tptb are trying everything they can to deter everyone away from anything that will remind them of Jack. Where is Thor? Where did JAck go really? Sam had already dealt with jolinar's feelings in Last Stand I believe back in S5. I was hoping they would have dealt with Sam having killed Martouf instead.

I also want to know who Sam in black was married to and Desert Sam pregnant by?

NO NO NO Sam/Cam

For everyone who's reacting to the missing scene between Sam and Cam holding hands -- did you see the part where Joe said that was a mistake? That the scene had never been intended to go that way and the director misinterpreted the script? I don't think we have to worry about any ship at all. Ever. It's just an outtake.

But back to the ep. Very enjoyable. A big thumbs up from me.

And what about the trailer for next week? What is it with Sam kissing yet another guy? Jack would be so disappointed in her - as would I!!!!!

I jumped out of my seat when Teal'c said Carter was married... then I panicked, hoping it wasn't Pete. It's gotta be Jack... it's always been Jack... so it is Jack.

My only second would be Barrett... then I got to see him in Atlantis!!

Ripple Effect is now my favorite season 9 episode!!

I enjoyed this episode. It was one of the more memorable Season 9, vastly superior to last weeks. The scene with all the carters in the lab was funny. But I really couldn't figure out the reason for the other team to go evil, which was a pleasant surprise. I hate it when: 'Ok, they're evil, so its obvious that they're going to do this.' I didn't forsee them wanting to go after the ZPM, and until they confessed, I didn't have any idea that it was their universe who caused the original mess.

Overall, I give it a 9/10.

The asgard was great. I would have liked it better if his weapon blew up or fell and smashed, though.

Hammond Re: Ripple Effect (913)

Quote Originally Posted by stargate barbie
    regarding ship, the martouf thing i'm assuming was a left over jolinar/i killed you reaction. the married/pregnant thing? i like to assume its jack on both of those. the sam/cam thing? i'm assuming all down to the directing of the ep as it doesn't sound like it was written. and i would hate if they were to try to start up that ship considering the 8 years spent building on s/j ship.
    I think they were just trying to throw in as many variations as possible to go along with the idea of subtle differences in each universe. AFAIC and regardless of ship or no-ship, all the differences were amusing. I also thought it was great that they chose Sam as the one to use as the touchstone.

And I'd say it's a toss-up between George and Walter. (Only because Dr. Lee is already married.)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenyyx
    And what about the trailer for next week? What is it with Sam kissing yet another guy? Jack would be so disappointed in her - as would I!!!!!

she was WHAT???!!!! we don't get trailers in the UK (haven't even seen ripple effect in UK) so util you said thatm i would i have no warning until i saw it happen!!!!

Sam Re: Ripple Effect (913)

Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    You know, I actually almost wrote NOOOOOOooooo CAM\SAM shipp... but then I thought I was just over reacting to the scene because I am a big anti-scam person... Turns out my initial reactions to that scene were correct.

Just end the SCAM already, please, I Beg of everything holy and good that we just NOT GO THERE. PLEASE, Please, please, please..
    Seriously. It'd be the end for me. Especially after watching Sam go through the emotional wringer for years regarding Jack, the whole emotional journey of self discovery, the whole watershed moment of Threads...

Shipping her with Cam is just a ghastly idea in any reality...and thankfully JM saw fit to squash that idea of PDL's (someone for whom I'm imagining all sorts of evil torture scenarios [okay not EVIL evil...I'm not a violent girl after all]).

That Martouf thing is still a head scratcher for me, just like Sam not correcting Lam and Landry with their "intimate relationship" comment in 4th Horseman 2 (the glowing soul sharing thing was intimate, but that's not the way they read it). Back to Martouf, was she shocked at seeing him and reliving a Jolinar moment? Because she and Martouf never kissed. Ever. They clasped hands though in The Tok'ra though. But for her to lean in to kiss him was just...weird...like, where did that come from? And what implication does that have regarding Jack (if any)?

I liked Kvasir. I also liked that Carter was irked by him much as Jack was irked by Aegir.

I also realized (again) how much I missed Janet and would love to see her back...somehow. Hey, it's scifi...anything's possible.
    http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...ans/ateyes.jpg
    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ejay_angel.jpg

Second Lieutenant LtColonelSamC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prion
    Er, you mean synopsis Synapse means the place at which a nervous impulse passes from one neuron to another
    LOL. I'm a history person. I'm a bad speller. Thanks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by michelleb
    she was WHAT???!!!! we don't get trailers in the UK (haven't even seen ripple effect in UK) so util you said thatm i would i have no warning until i saw it happen!!!!
    Oh, that's Sam kissing McKay. It's from next week's "Grace Under Pressure." To say anything more would be spoilers, but that's just the beginning.... ahem cough cough.

Yeah, we forgot him. She's married to McKay. makes sense. He's the only guy who can understand what she says. The rest of the guys just roll their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShardsofGlass
    For everyone who's reacting to the missing scene between Sam and Cam holding hands -- did you see the part where Joe said that was a mistake? That the scene had never been intended to go that way and the director misinterpreted the script? I don't think we have to worry about any ship at all. Ever. It's just an outtake.

But back to the ep. Very enjoyable. A big thumbs up from me.
    Actually, whatever is presente don screen is canon. What the writer says afterwards about being a mistake, well, that's his opinion but not the viewers. Shows are made to be interpreted by viewers, otherwise, the writer should be penning documentaries

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    My mom actually said that it was Daniel. I think she was in jest. A lotta shippers are gonna be miffed that they haven't even mentioned Jack's name. Myself included, only I'm not foaming at the mouth. PTB, beware!
    Who said Teal'c? Yeah, I say the real money's on Teal'c!!

Oh, that's Sam kissing McKay. It's from next week's "Grace Under Pressure." To say anything more would be spoilers, but that's just the beginning.... ahem cough cough.

Yeah, we forgot him. She's married to McKay. makes sense. He's the only guy who can understand what she says. The rest of the guys just roll their eyes.
    McKay would be hilarious. They already bicker like an old married couple
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

The trailer for Stronghold did not show anyone kissing anyone. Phoenyyx, you are insane.

Sam Re: Ripple Effect (913)

Actually, it's waht you want to perceive it as. Jack. Martouf, Pete, etc. That's why they don't mention a name. It saves TPTB from being savaged by any one disappointed fan group

Nah, it's Hammond. You know what they say about bald guys
    Right. Because being vague has been so helpful in the past. Why tick off one group of fandom when you can irritate most groups with ambiguity???

Threads was as vague as a steamroller so I'm confused why they think that dancing around this topic would make people happy. I mean dancing was fine when RDA was a series regular (and thus nothing could happen between them without causing harm to the show/team dynamic), but what's the reason now? Will non/anti/other shippers be soooo horrified that Sam actually is with Jack offscreen that they'll have hissy fits and leave?

Her being involved with anyone should have zero bearing on the team now...so why not continue her story arc and show conclusively that she (and we who followed this arc) didn't go through all that crapola for nothing??? Is that too much to hope for???
    http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...ans/ateyes.jpg
    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ejay_angel.jpg

Lieutenant Colonel stargate barbie's Avatar

i think you'll find she's married to bra'tac and pregnant by kinsey (and just typing that last part makes me feel filthy)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenyyx
    I'll have to look again, because I saw the spoilers for next week and I didn't see that.

phew! thanks, i already know how that turns out

All of this yammering and not one synopsis. For shame. Come on! I don't see this ep for another 24 hours (Thank God for TiVo).

OMG, this was great, hilarious. The BEST episode this season - hands down.
    Too bad they had to delete all these scenes.

Great performances by everybody, looved the '15-Carters-scene'. You could tell that the actors were enjoying themselves.

I loved all the little insider jokes.

If I could give it more than an 'Outstanding", I would. I want MORE.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast