Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3542434445
    Staff Sergeant

Default Re: Ripple Effect (913)

Is there someone else who would welcome more if Lantash would return in the body of Lieutenant Elliot? He also had the interesting dynamics with Carter and I liked his character more than Martouf.

Anything can happen in other realities. Imagine the possibilities if

- a non-Goa'uld Apophis would have joined the SG-1 on Chulak and Teal'c is the bad Goa'uld guy
    - Thor, Chaka, Shau're, Lyta, Baal or Todd would have joined the SG-1 - so much fun even to explain how on Earth could such things happen

I wish this story would have been a two-parter as it felt it was a bit rushed while they could have played even weirder team combinations.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Okay, first of all... How did noone remember what color uniform SG-1 was wearing? The other team was in black fatigues, for crying out loud.

Anywho...

Grand Central Station of the Multiverse has so many feels, especially with bringing back Janet and Martouf for the occasion. Though would have liked more scenes between Carter and Janet, instead of having all of them with Martouf. They could have balanced that out a little better.

I think the combining of the story of having all those teams stuck in our universe, with one team having evil things in mind, was pretty well done. Although, one could argue whether they were really evil wanting the ZPM to save their own galaxy... although, finding it acceptable to condemn an entire universe over one's own... that's just a little too diabolical to be considered acceptable, I guess.

Nevertheless, it made for a good episode, seeing them facing themselves on the Prometheus. Some good comic moments.

Also, Kvasir with his impeccable timing in the lab... Come on Asgard! Really!

How would you rate SG-1's "Ripple Effect?"

Excellent

Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Chief Master Sergeant

I totally agree with you about Sam and Janet. They got just one scene together. It could have been much more emotional with more Janet and less Martouf. Janet is just a perfect character and I miss her so much. I liked Martouf but less is sometimes more.
    The almost kiss between Sam and Martouf was also very...ehm, so I would say... I didn’t expect it
    I just can not think about our beloved characters that they would be so evil. SO evil.
    But altogether I like the episode. One of my favourite in 9th season.

Quote Originally Posted by AmFor View Post
    I just can not think about our beloved characters that they would be so evil. SO evil.
    Depending on the situation and how dire it is, we are all capable of being evil or do ethically questionable things to save the people we love, or defend our homes... wether you do the right thing for the wrong reasons, or the wrong thing for the right reasons is a matter of perspective.

They did make them wear black -- a color much associated with things considered bad or evil.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Okay, first of all... How did noone remember what color uniform SG-1 was wearing? The other team was in black fatigues, for crying out loud.
    I just assumed it was normal for Sg-1 to bring more than one type of clothing with them, so it would not be unusual to see them come back wearing different fatigues than they left in. I can't recall if it ever happened in an episode, but it makes sense that if they're going to a planet where they're expected to stay overnight, they might want to have black fatigues to change into for stealthy night missions and the like. Hell, since we never saw main universe Sg-1 leave, for all we know they left in black fatigues and came back in green cameo.
    Last edited by Xaeden; October 11th, 2020 at 07:42 AM.

Taking an extra pair of underwear seems like a logical thing. Fatigues, on the other hand, takes up more space than an average underpants.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Taking an extra pair of underwear seems like a logical thing. Fatigues, on the other hand, takes up more space than an average underpants.
    It's just an extra shirt, pants, and cap, and those are pretty lightweight. The flak vest and boots would stay the same. Real world soldiers are required to carry up to about 100 pounds of gear and equipment on their backs. Backpacks in Stargate are inconsistent because they don't want to overload their actors. If the script calls for them, they will make an appearance. They also show robots carrying equipment from time to time:

That's from "The First Commandment." Later in the episode, they establish a camp and show tents, tin cups, etc., so they took the time to show baggage to establish where all that equipment came from. The thing, though, is that many of Sg-1's missions last multiple days and the recon they did in "Ripple Effect" took over 24 hours, so they need sleeping equipment, extra water, and assorted supplies in a great many situations where it's not shown.

If an episode required them to change the type of fatigues they were wearing in the field for a specialized reason, I suspect the backpacks or robotic mules would suddenly show up. Having a change of clothes is rather important as it can mean the difference between life and death. And not simply because they may need to change their camouflage situationally; if, for example, their clothing gets soaked and temperatures are dropping quickly, they're going to want more than another pair of underwear to change into.
    Last edited by Xaeden; October 12th, 2020 at 05:24 AM.

Mmm... military personnel are rather apt at packing backpacks.

3-episode quiz: Ripple Effect, Stronghold & Ethon

Jigsaw puzzle: Ripple Effect

I find myself bored with this episode honestly. Its not bad but its been done before. We have already done multiple realities before. And the idea of an "evil" SG-1 isn't that surprising. I agree with FH that desperate people will do some pretty immoral things. Even Frasier and Martouf can't save this episode.
    Poor with 6;50
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3542434445