• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripple Effect (913)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON NINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 913

Multiple SG-1s show up at Stargate Command, leading the "real" team to conclude that they have each been inadvertantly displaced from different parallel realities.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:47 PM.

Oh, I nearly cried when Janet, and then Martouf came onscreen! Finally, an episode that I enjoyed from beginning to end. Can't have too many SG1's to suit me! I didn't even care that they used every cliché in the book, it was worth it to see those two again.

Comment

What was the big bang at the start?
      Landry is not really paying attention… they were in different uniforms, what did they change on the planet?
      Did Walter say it’s Sg-1 and this time it’s from their original location? No I must have heard that wrong. Ahhh… Walter must have said original schedule time.

Carter – multiverse, cool.
      How could Daniel be not accepting the parallel universe idea… that makes no sense…. He should not be rolling his eyes and being skeptical. He should be all over it as a good idea since he had to convince everyone else of it last time.

So the shippers get what they want… blahh
      Daniel interviewing Teal’c that felt right.
      Mitchell interviewing Daniel notsomuch but maybe it was suspicious Daniel
      Carter interviewing herself that is classic (literally since it was done before but it still works)

Mitchell: Bizzaro SG-1… funny
      Haha uber sg-1
      Is the assumed real SG-1 really the real SG-1?
      Landry: Grand central station of the multiverse --- funny
      Hey much remembering of old eps… crazy Dr Lee. Nice
      What about cascade failure thingy.—Plot hole?

Hey the armbands from upgrades. coool
      You know Landry, a warning would really have been appropriate for the whole Janet thing.
      Hey geeky Carter….wow lots of Carters.
      Martoufs dream come true I would guess.

Hey Janet good news, we have a cure!!
      Daniel or Teal’c….that’s my guess who, from Martouf.. that would be funny.

New asgard!!!!
      O give me a break, Sheppard already went there and did it a lot better… stupid.
      Ok, now shippers don’t get what they what but still …. Blahh… but the Asgard …. That was funny.
      Top minds of 18 different universes, that was nice thing to say.
      Its nice to have a very positive asgard… yes Daniel so do we all (miss Thor that is)

Gee the black clad SG-1 is acting evil, is that like foreshadowing? Or are all of the other SG-1s in on it to save their worlds? They did choose Zats and not p90s
      Are these Ori SG-1? Wraith universe SG-1?

Maybe it should not be so easy to open the brig door… just a thought. I guess now we know how Vala got away. Wouldn’t the other Carter know this…..uh guess so. Yeah!!! Good SG-1 is smart too!!! Our Teal’c is nicer though… why the pants?

Is that Siler?!?!?! Yeah!!!... Walter and an Asgard… Yeah!!!!
      Why is Daniel acting like that… how can people say his character has not changed. He used to care about science.

OK, don’t cut the green one that’s my advice. Dohh… more shipper stuff. …. Blahhh
      And Janet is leeeaaavvvinnnngggggg noooooo.. and Martouf tooo… I am sad.

Good ep by our friends Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie and Peter DeLuise. In fact I will watch that several times to pick out all the SG-1s and tells in the episode..

only the 2nd S9 ep I would do that with.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This was almost a good episode. 2 1/2 stars.

The problem, of course, is with the ‘bad’ SG-1 – the episode just got crappy once the ‘bad’ colonel Mitchell started spilling his guts, but ended well with Frasier and Martouf.

However, easily the best ep of the new half-season
        Last edited by Cinephilic TV Addict; 20 January 2006, 05:14 PM.

Comment

best SG1 ep ever

my wish came true the 1st alternate sg1 is the "evil" one. they almost screwed 17 other universes for their own. yeah that's evil.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan

So the shippers get what they want… blahh

only the 2nd S9 ep I would do that with.
            not the sam and jack shippers.....
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

This thread was here today full of stuff and now it's empty. What gives??

Anyway, I give this episode an "average" rating as there was too much talking, technobabble and too many Carters. I really do like Sam but the only good thing was watching various permutations (outfits, hair, eyeglasses, blue jello).

The writers will never say who alternate Sam's honeymooned with, left the team for, got pregnant by.

Had some good points: a snotty Asgard, some fun dialogue from Mitchell and Daniel, but otherwise, it's not a very memorable episode, except...

WILL THE WRITERS PLEASE remember what you had characters on Atlantis doing? Shep makes remark about naked Asgard, now Mitchell does? ARGH~!

Comment

Finally! A good SG-1 episode with the new cast! Its about time! This is what they have been lacking all season, the good old SG-1 chemistry. No Ori BS, plot incosistencies with the Ancients, and absolutely ridciculous crisis' with over the top solutions that are impossible to even consider being believable even with ridiculous amounts of suspension-of-disbelief.

Comment

i was lovin' it.... gods lots of mitchell... i think i thunked a few too many times.
                  sigpic

Comment

I ain't a happy shipper

not a thing in this ep to make me happy.

Maybe if I was a Sam/Martouf shipper I'd be happy.
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I enjoyed this epsisode, yeah more asgard, another trek refrence where cam mentions the ecilv one have the beard hintint at the mirror universe from the origanl trek, great seeing janet and martouf again, lol cam saying something about vasir not wearing pants, and yeah tons of carters thats rodneys worst nightmare

Comment

Great episode. I give it a ****. I think with this episode, Season 9 is going to get better. It was good to have Janet and Martouf back. Janet looked skinny and short in that white sg-uniform, something I haven't noticed before. I personally like that asgard that was in the episode. I knew this was going to be a good episode after seeing the teaser.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                          best SG1 ep ever

my wish came true the 1st alternate sg1 is the "evil" one. they almost screwed 17 other universes for their own. yeah that's evil.
                          Yes, and no evil hair! How unlike the writers to not supply at least one goatee!

Now that they've learned how to send everyone "back to where they came from" does that mean that we will get more crossovers in future?? Teal'c's last line to Janet about "may it not be the last time" he sees her...so touching.

Okay, so it's a long shot, but I missed Janet so!!

Comment

I think that Joe was hinting at a romance between Jack and Sam... or at least, I can hope.

Great episode, great chemistry, very fun plot, good solid ending.
                            Final rating: ***

It's not a **** only because it doesn't seriously advance the plot... although it does come close, referencing future episodes and all.

Comment

tons of carters... more like a rodney dream come true... (up to a point) i loved seein jan again... makes me even sadder that she was killed in our uni
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X