Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Default Re: Collateral Damage (912)

It was nice that they had an episode to develop Browder's character, but it was very predictable. I told my husband early on what would happen right down to seeing himself in a mirror to determine the murderer. THe only thing I didn't guess right was the murderer, but the way things played out was too obvious.

The whole ep was a sci-fi cliche. And I felt like I was watching Browder emote, not Mitchell. Done better in Voyager. (I liked Voyager, til the writing ticked me off and i stopped watching for a year. How they can take likable characters and decent actors and give them such drivel... Just goes to show if you assume viewers will watch anything with a franchise label on it - you are wrong. )
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

I agree, the way it played out was rather obvious. I just wonder if they have anything else to do with the planet in future...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

There was an episode in Star Trek: TNG which was very similar to this one. Ryker was accused of murder.

There are just some storylines that keep coming back!
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

^Ah, nothing's original anymore!

My LiveJournal post

I love this ep, but poor Cam..
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

DVDs Re: Collateral Damage (912)

Quote Originally Posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
    It was an okay ep. Love Walter and the medical babble when he gave Landry, Lam's report. I give it a **.
    Agreed with myself.

It was nice to see an episode that felt like a classic episode. You know, SG-1 going off-world to meet some aliens from another planet. It was also nice not to hear the Ori even mentioned once.

Tomorrow, multiple SG-1 teams, and some old friends return.

A break from the Ori and them being 'Hallowed' all the time is good!

Another episode that gives us more on Mitchell's background. I've found with rewatching this season that I'm giving a chance to get to know Mitchell this time round. He irritated me as a character so much with the first viewing that I never gave him a second look, until now.

This meant that I actually enjoyed this episode for what it was, seeing more of Mitchell and what makes him who he is and forget that I'd seen this memory grafting story line in Star Trek's Voyager. That's what put me off the first time round.

The idea of messing around with memories for various purposes is a bit unsettling.

Not my favourite episode....I actually am a big fan of the Ori arc and was quite happy to leave the "fillers" out....also William Atherton played a prat, a very nasty minded and unethical one at that...

Deeds xx

Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

I tried to avoid this ep as long as I could. Not because it's that bad but because this is the 3rd time I have seen it. Which has put me behind a couple of eps.

Good to learn more about Cam's personality. And what he has been through.

We end up using this technology on earth don't we? But it serves a different purpose.

If Babylon was about defining who Mitchell is as a character then this episode is about his backstory. Through the memory recall device we are able to see what define Mitchell like his father's accident and killing those refuges. Thats the part I like. I like seeing the backstory to define who Mitchell is. I know some are probably are tired of so much focus on him but I think its one those unfortunate side effects as the other characters had 8 years of development. The story of trying to find the murderer and how Mitchell was framed is interesting but I was more intrigued of using the device to show us Mitchell's background. I remember hating the leader after he used the technology to erase the memory of the murderer.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

1. And we open with...a nice modern planet...then a conversation between two people I don't know. Fine.

2. Mitchell Kirking...meh.

3. Daniel had some good lines here.

Overall though, meh filler.

Staff Sergeant

Actually I like the whole memory stuff, as it has already been presented within former storylines, eg. "Keera/Liana".
    But since the whole character of "Mitchell" comes across as completely "artificial" to me and that unfortunately never changed, I just can not manage to take interest in whatever is happening to him. I just don't care.
    So, the ep. itself is a quite solid one - but had me bored nevertheless.

One of my favourite episodes! Here it becomes obvious that Mitchell is not a substitute for O'Neill but a totally different person. And you can see that "the band is back" - they all care for each other!

ANJA

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

This episode is basically a filler, but one where we get a little more background on Mitchell and what makes him tick.

I think the idea of implanting memories is interesting, but as the episode shows, it's fairly easy to erase a memory or supplant it with a new one. In the hands of the wrong people this could be an ethical nightmare, which the episode goes with.

Also, the moment the ex-husband said that he and the victim were married once, he should have jumped to the prime suspect list... he would have been on there faster than you could think it, in every cop-show I watch. But SG-1 clearly doesn't watch many crime shows.

The house was also used in ... err...can't remember the episode, but it's also Narim's house.
    And the office with the wooden bookcase against the walls, was also used in Space Race.

Clever re-use of locations.

Also... Anna Galvin.

How would you rate SG-1's "Collateral Damage?"

Excellent
    Good -- because Anna Galvin...
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

EDIT

3-episode quiz: The Fourth Horseman I, The Fourth Horseman II & Collateral Damage

Jigsaw puzzle: Collateral Damage
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; October 9th, 2020 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Adding quiz and jigsaw links...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Chief Master Sergeant

This episode was good but in some way I had a feeling that it was toooo much Cam and other characters were just standing around. Standing and drinking, standing and looking at something, standing in SGC, standing next to Cam.
    But the ending surprised me.

It would have been fun to see how Mitchell could have remembered some scenes with Crichton from FarScape. That would have been a new meaning of brainwashing in fan fiction potential.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Wouldn't that have broken some television walls...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Collateral damage seems like a description for the last time Soul stalked FH.

The fake murder is a common scifi cliche. I think what I like about this episode is how we got to see Mitchell's background and get insight into how he thinks. Their is something I loved about seeing Cam and his father. I noticed they kind of dropped the lack of evidence story with Tealc and Daniel.

Good with 6:42 and 12/15
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617