No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 (911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to vote with the "bad episode" folks. Booooring - seems, if you listen to some on this thread though it really is that I just don't like Stargate and after 7 years of this being one of my favorite shows, if not my favorite, this is what it comes to. Very sad for me to see it end. This was absolutely nothing like what the real and true Stargate used to be like - this was not good, not good at all.

Comment

The mention of Reckoning made me think of what else I had a problem with. In that episode, everyone was separated but it felt like a team episode, because the threat of the Replicators was given a lot of weight. Plus, there were visuals. RepliCarter and the replicator bugs swarming the SGC.

But, here the thread that was supposed to run through the episode was the plague, but they just told us how bad it was. Landry didn't seem sick enough to make me care. And, it wasn't that I knew he was going to be okay. I've felt for characters when they were in dire straits, even if I knew they were going to be okay. It just didn't grab me, and they didn't all seem to be working together on one problem, and none of the individual stories stood out enough for me.

And, remember, there's nothing wrong with disliking or liking the episode, and no one is more right than anyone else.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Akai
        Well, he said in this episode that he was being called back to Washington. So it appears he's probably still in the military in some aspect. I just wish they would say where he went, because Jack was promoted to his old position after he left the SGC, and we're just left guessing where Hammond went.
        Hammond's not military anymore, he would've adressed the Air Force people in T4H part one in his uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          I have to vote with the "bad episode" folks. Booooring - seems, if you listen to some on this thread though it really is that I just don't like Stargate and after 7 years of this being one of my favorite shows, if not my favorite, this is what it comes to. Very sad for me to see it end. This was absolutely nothing like what the real and true Stargate used to be like - this was not good, not good at all.
          This episode is exactly what Stargate has always been and more, I think TPTB have done an excellent job with the introduction of new characters and enemies/allies, it has revitalized the series... and frankly I have to ask what made this particular episode so boring compared to the rest of season nine?

Comment

*reads every single post in thread*

Hmm... Doesn't really make me anymore wanting to see the episode... Maybe watching this episode will make me decide to try out our homemade booze

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

This is one cool ep. The whole sequence with the Prior (including the "not even a decent pie crust") was spectacular. I think it's easy to forget that the Priors were once regular men who once led lives, transformed by the Ori. I really enjoyed the whole sequence between him, Orlin, Landry, Mitchell and Daniel. Also loved Daniel's little bit in the beginning ringing his cup against the bars of his cabin. Liked also how they redeemed Gerak's character at the end. I also liked Teal'c's speech. It was excellent. Also nice to see Bra'tac in his old uniform again. My whole family agrees, he doesn't look right without it. So, overall, another excellent episode for season nine. Five out of Five stars.

Also, I have a question. That anti-prior-sonar device that they came up with, how effective is that going to be in the future? Or will they even try using it again, considering it didn't work all that long? Just a thought.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance
                This episode is exactly what Stargate has always been and more, I think TPTB have done an excellent job with the introduction of new characters and enemies/allies, it has revitalized the series... and frankly I have to ask what made this particular episode so boring compared to the rest of season nine?
                I really enjoyed it too.
                I liked how Mitchell/Daniel/Landry dealt with Cig smoking prior. And especially with Teal'c and Garak, under his creepy eyes you could see Gossett playing his part well.
                SG-1 and company called the Ori gods at times, like Teal'c telling Garak what kind of gods would use their divine power in such a way. I really felt the Ori had an excellent presence.

The episode moved very fast though, I think it needed more time, as people mentioned, things changed quickly. We didn't spend much time going into Landry's illness. The Sodan converted quickly. However, I felt it was still believable. I loved Landry's reaction being pulled in by Cig prior, that was worth him getting sick. However, all the explanations and fast changes were satisfying.

Great ep.

Comment

They didn't explain how the the prior played by the Cancer Man pulled General Landry towards him at the end did they? I thought maybe it had something to do with what he was chanting like he summoned more power from the Ori with a, for lack of a better word, prayer. Or maybe the Anti-prior thingy faltered just enought to give him the power to drawl Landry in and infect him but not enough to stop the bullets from Cammy's pistol. Or was it something else?

Also great Hammond scene towards the end.

Perfecto!

Comment

<snip>

And, I forgot what I was here for. The question was posed what made the episode more boring than other episodes. It wasn't addressed to me, but since I felt underwhelmed (and I won't hide in the anti season 9 thread because I dare to criticize the show) I'll answer.

1. The acting. There was a huge global threat, and on the Sodan planet Daniel and Mitchell were trying to turn the prior around, also a huge deal. But, I felt like the tone of the acting fit more with a lighter episode. They seemed to casual. Teal'c had more intensity, and I did like the scenes between him and Brata'c.

2. The Sam and Orlin dynamic might have been okay, but it seemed out of place. I love SG1 interacting with kids (eh, I'm calling him a kid even if he had the memories of an adult/ancient) but to me, they're better when they're the main plot (like Singularity) or when they're just a little extra thing to add color to an episode (like the scenes between Daniel and the little girl in Birthright.) It was too much for an episode where a member of SG1 developing a bond with a kid wasn't the A plot.

I just didn't feel anything about Landry. I have to say, I think if someone else had been there watching besides Lam (who came across bratty to me) I would have felt it more.

One other thing I liked was Mitchell with Haikon, trying to convince them to go against the Ori, before he knew they already decided. It was low key, but it reminded me of Mitchell in part 1, when he quietly says that he didn't believe the Sodan gave them false info. Low key, but still important. But, the whole banter just felt out of place. I think Daniel and Mitchell have some good chemistry, and I like to see them banter or do back and forth quips, but I don't think this was the best episode for it.

So, just my reasons. I don't expect to change people's minds, but i feel justified in giving them. See part two of my signature.
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 06 January 2006, 07:35 PM.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      I felt it was very draggy in parts. Sometimes a two-parter just feels like it's been expanded too much to fill the time slot. Lots of lingering looks just before commercial breaks...

I also do not understand why Gen. Hammond is no longer military. I do remember him in a suit in the first part as well, but did I miss something somewhere? Did someone in the show SAY that he was no longer in the air force, retired, what? I know I don't watch that closely any more, but I think I would have noticed that little item.

Comment

Magic.
                        But they dont explain lots of stuff anymore.
                        They also didnt really explain the quick turn of the Sodan or why they were not suprised Mitchell was alive.
                        They didnt really explain the quick turn of Garek (guess the critical moment took place off screen)... Guess the whole "holding the Baal is still alive information over his head" is pointless now.
                        Didnt really explain why Hammond made a stop over in a quarinteened facility before moving on to the other air force base.
                        Didnt really get into the Orlin thing too much. He wanted to hold onto his memories to find the cure but ended up with neither as far as I can tell.

Pretty much it seemed that whatever scipt had been written was terribly chopped up. It was like watching a movied that has been edited for TV and for time constraints. Very dissappointing.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

We need a little refresher course on the word Respect.

you do not need to like a person's opinion, or even agree with it.

you do need to respect it.

this means no name calling. no berating someone who is posting. ALL opinions about the episode are welcome on this thread, be they pro or con.

If you do not think that you can do that here, then maybe it would be best if you did not post here.

a respectful debate can be a lot more fun than a mud slinging and name calling fest.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Still using that old cliche. The show was good, but cliche.
                            Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Over all I liked the episode, one thing that bothered me

It didn't sit right with me that both Jackson and Mitchell were so cavalier when dealing the Prior. Sure it looks cool when they do it but it was a few seaons before they started treating the Gou'ald like that. I just don't think that they would be treating the Ori that way considering the Ori are suppose to be badest of the bad.

I like the Sodan but then I've always like stories about warrior races. With the near mythic status of the Sodan with the rest of the Jaffa having them on our side will help sway the rest Jaffa to SGC's cause.

Touching scene between Bra'tac and Teal'c. I always knew that Teal'c really respected and admired Bra'tac but I think this was the first time I realized that Teal'c really regards him as a father. Oh and I'd love to see Bra'tac leading the council, sure Teal'c started the rebellion but Bra'tac saw it through and guided it when Teal'c was busy with SG-1

I wasn't that surprised the Gerak would turn back. At least we now know that the Ori's hold over the Prior's isn't complete. I would have prefered that he didn't die, he made a good foil for Teal'c and I think he was turned Prior too soon but thats just me. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back at some point though.

Loved seeing Hammond again but I want to know what he is. Is he the Vice-President? Joint Chief? Chief of Staff? Secertary of State? I want to know!!!

Poor Orlin, helps us out and ends up living the rest of his life in a home. I was waiting for him die and the end and ascend but I'm actually glad that didn't happen. At least we learned the Ori's true purpose, not only gain followers but to destroy the Ancients. So when are the Ancients going to start helping us out? They need us to save thier glowing butts!

Comment

This was Chris Judges best acted episode especially when he is talking to gerak on the planet it's great that there gave chris more lines last year so now we can see more of teal'c and chris can show more of his acting skills.

As for the epasiode it self i liked it I think Daniel and mitchell broke the priors heart lol he looked like he was going to cry
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X