Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANCHORWOMAN
    (on television screen)
    The final death toll of the pandemic has been estimated at a little over three thousand, worldwide, but health officials are quick to point out that it could have been much worse. As distribution of the vaccine continues, many have begun to ask how this could have happened in the first place. And, more to the point, where did this virus originate?
    http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...%22_Transcript

I was thinking on this episode because of the corona virus outbreak. If they could reveal the Stargate Program in the future, then I am sure this vaccination would be questioned and the families of the victims would demand compensations from the government. But probably the public would be still fooled and they would never find out that Ori plague had an alien resource.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Fun fact first before I forget --> Gerak wearing sneakers as a Prior. Best seen when Louis walks down the ramp at the SGC at the end.

What an episode to be rewatching during an actual global pandemic.

I mean, even just saying it, is nuts. A global pandemic.

Unfortunately for us, we don't have a magical cure and an ancient at hand to help save the day, but damn... what an episode to rewatch during this pandemic. It's like SG-1 predicted this going to happen.

So... Cameron and Daniel go Prior-fishing and catch one in the Sodan village where Haikon has turned against the Ori after finding that they don't like opposition to their faith, even if that opposition just doesn't know any better. But more importantly, after having seen what the Ori themselves do to civilizations advanced enough to understand what opposition means.

So, Cameron and Daniel seem to be having a good time, exchanging recipes even.

In the meantime, General Landry has to contain an outbreak that's already growing far out of control, and on top of that, he has to deal with the burocrats looking to find blame somewhere. Chekov, more or less, the voice of reason.

General Hammond stops by for support. Good seeing him again.

Orlin... his story is a tragic tale. He's trying so hard to hold on and help the people of Earth, help Carter save the planet.
      And then they stuff him in a care home, which unfortunately is a reality for a lot of real life younger people who have degenerative brain issues, or brain damages since birth or after ilness or accidents. This is especially tough.

I really enjoyed this episode... and oh, almost forgetting about Teal'c and Bra'tac's valiant attempt at persuading Gerak to not spill Jaffa blood, but to resist the Ori and even help the people of Earth. Gerak died free.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Fourth Horseman, Part 2"?

Excellent

Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That episode was really good but I was really sorry for Orlin. He tried to help so much and what happened to him. Poor "boy". Btw I didn’t like how Landry in the first part mentioned that Sam had with him an intimate relationship. Maybe it was intimated but in different way as he thought.
        Qnd I don't like Lam. She is acting like a teeneger without any respect to her superiors.

Comment

I can't remember the first half as well, cause that was 3 corona years ago already, but Orlin and Sam did have an "intimate" relationship. They shared minds -- that's pretty damn intimate, if you ask me.

I remember I wasn't fond of Lam at first either, but she grew on me. Since SG-1 I've seen Lexa in a lot of other things and I seem to like her as Lam a lot quicker than I did the first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I can't remember the first half as well, cause that was 3 corona years ago already, but Orlin and Sam did have an "intimate" relationship. They shared minds -- that's pretty damn intimate, if you ask me. .
            Ah yes, this is intimate. And I understood it like that, but I had a bit different feeling from Landry's "intimate". Maybe it was just my misunderstanding of that moment.

Comment

3-episode quiz: The Fourth Horseman I, The Fourth Horseman II & Collateral Damage

Jigsaw puzzle: The Fourth Horseman, part II

Comment

I for one never knew wedding planning was so bleak.

I for one love this episode. I feel it has everything. I quite like the return to the Sodan and how they trick the Prior and in the end we actually see progress in fighting them. Everything Tony Todd touches is gold. As for Orilin yes it's tragic but I never had much emotion for a one off character losing his mind. I often wonder how damaged he would stay. Has he just lost his memory or is it mentally handicapped situation? I always forget Tealc and Gerak because it seems tacked on for no reason.

Good with 8:33. Laugh it up FH
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                  X