No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 (911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was slow moving. None of the different scenes had enough emphasis. I know I was supposed to feel the pressure that Orlin was under, and also feel something for Teal'c's situation, and then Daniel and Mitchell on the planet, but it seemed everything was low key. Everyone, actually.

I really wish there was more than an offhanded comment by Mitchell about not arguing against anyone for having beliefs. Have someone come off strongly for belief, despite the Ori not being worth it.

I'm guessing the scene between Landry and Dr. Lam was supposed to be heartwarming, but she came across as harsh. He's lying there, dying, and she sounds like she's fussing at him. Even when she said she understood, her tone of voice was abrupt.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Good episode. I actually expected Garek to die (lack of guest appearances is the reason I suspected this). Hammond back at the SGC made me happy. Cam talking on the place was really sweet. I give it a ***.
      sigpic

Comment

It was sad with Orlin and Sam at the end, knowing the history between the two. But I thought it was all around good...especially the scene between Orlin and the Prior

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
        My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
        My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
        My Stargate Videos
        It's meant to be!

Comment

Not a good episode.
          I felt nothing but the occasional crnging of embarrassment.
          Oooo Landry’s sick (surprise) he doesn’t die. Was there a point to his 2 minute illness? Oh yea the bad Lam speech.
          Oooo Orlins sick. Was there a point to the lame your thinking too hard disease he had? Maybe for bad Carter dialogue or did they just have to get rid of Orlin.
          Oooo Hammonds back… great character but his own bad dialogue. But at least we know where his character is going. Nice epilogue to the send-off he did get, which puts him ahead of the game as far as the old characters are concerned.
          Ooooo Daniel got to act like a n00b so that Mitchell could try to look cool.

Look (surprise) the Sodan changed sides… wow that was fast… why they do that. Quick explanation, pretty lame, what was the point of them following the Ori for that one ep.

Look (surprise) Garack changed sides…. Wow that was fast, why did he do that, another unsatisfying explanation again what was the point of his character. What happened at the end, don’t bother to give an explanation, I don’t really care anyway, just happy he’s gone.

How come the Ori dude got his powers back and didn’t just grab his staff and start wasting people. Oh yea, that would require an explanation. As far as I can tell Stargate doesn’t do explanations anymore.

Teal’c and Bra’tec are still cool. Everything else was a waste.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            *dipple*
            Blasphemes, "Anti-S9" person!

Hollow are the SG-1!

Comment

I would feel less disconcerted if the CSM prior hadn't kept using words like "blessed."

The music in the scenes with Sam and Orlin seemed manipulative. Like they wanted to make sure we knew something sad was happening.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                Blasphemes, "Anti-S9" person!

Hollow are the SG-1!
                Careful BigGator5 someone may zap you with an anti-prior device so you will lose your power for about 10 minutes. But just wait a few and it will where off.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Careful BigGator5 someone may zap you with an anti-prior device so you will lose your power for about 10 minutes. But just wait a few and it will where off.
                  That is why you must follow the path of TPTB. They will show you a good time, only if you give in and stop nip-picking. Hollow are the SG-1...

Comment

I'm not clear on where Hammond went when Jack was promoted out of the SGC (presumably to Hammond's old position as head of Homeworld Security). Did Hammond retire, or did he get promoted again?

Comment

Such is the will of the Ori, that in their divine judgement, Origin shall be felt far and wide. And all unbelievers vanquished.

I like the Ori, I'm glad the Prior got through the device, means SG-1 still has to be creative on depriorizing.

Comment

Originally posted by Akai
                        I'm not clear on where Hammond went when Jack was promoted out of the SGC (presumably to Hammond's old position as head of Homeworld Security). Did Hammond retire, or did he get promoted again?
                        Maybe he went into politics?

Comment

Well, he said in this episode that he was being called back to Washington. So it appears he's probably still in the military in some aspect. I just wish they would say where he went, because Jack was promoted to his old position after he left the SGC, and we're just left guessing where Hammond went.

Comment

In general, I think the episode well deserves at least a three out of four stars. It wasn't a four star episode, no, but it was good.
                            The Daniel-Mitchell dynamic is fun, and I like how they are giving Daniel an edge. It's entertaining while remaining true to his character evolution.
                            The Teal'c-Gerak scene was very touching to me. I think it was the best acting that Judge has done in his career of StarGate (saying a bit much, but that scene was perfect for me).
                            The ending was a bit deus ex machina, but a lot of StarGate episodes have ended like that, as have a lot of sci-fi shows in general.
                            The thing with Orlin, though... in Part I, Orlin was just an annoying kid that even I probably could have played the part better. But... in Part II, I really did feel sorry for him. The fact that by the end, he had lost everything, was actually pretty sad.
                            Yeah, that's my two scents on it (but none of you care for anything less than a dollar, nowadays)...

Comment

This was one of the best episodes I've seen... The best part was it uncovered some of the Ancient-Ori Tension dynamic, the Jaffa parts were very reminisent of Reckoning, another great ep...

Comment

getting ready to watch it here shortly (replay at 11:00est). Hope it's as good as it should be.

DId they catch the pryor?

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
                                24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
                                Both heavily admined.

Comment

Working...
                                X