X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LiveJournal post

Damn Priors...
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I guess I don't have a previous post.

But I thought it was an average Season 9 episode.

Gerak went out saving the Earth and dying free.

The scene where Hammond says hi to SG-1 (sans Teal'c) was nice.

Tomorrow, Mitchell is accused of murder.
      sigpic

Comment

At least Gerak saw the truth about what the Ori were really doing and saved the SCG. Orlin did just enough to give Earth a chance to recover from the latest underhand effort by the Ori to kill them. I liked the fact that it was the humans that finished the vaccine that Orlin started on to stop the plague.

Fun bit of trial and error with trying to get the anti-prior device working! There's Mitchell as the crash test dummy again!!!

Sad seeing Orlin without any memories of who he was and even of Sam at the end. I always hoped at some point the rest of the Ancients might take pity on him again and welcome him back for what he did.

Comment

Very much enjoyed the Mitchell/Jackson banter and William B Davis is always a bonus.....

I have to say that I really do love Stargate for it's incidental music...especially for the sad scenes...it fits so perfectly and can pull heartstrings!..

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I actually thought this was the first good story in an otherwise craptacular season. And first good turn from Mitchell who was unwatchably bad until the stellar scene with Jackson dressing down the prior. And even Landry, whose lines and acting have been almost as bad as Mitchell's, and the normally wooden Dr. Lam, had a decent moment at the end. I'm guessing all downhill from here?

Comment

This was a good return to the previous episode. Unlike many past two parters. I feel like the fast pace is consistent through out both parts making for an entertaining two parts. Things were looking desperate and they looked even more desperate in this episode as the virus expands beyond the Untied States. I like that the anti-Prior device is only temporary and it takes trial and error. It would be too easy if we could elminate their abilities completely remember laughing at the exhange of cheese recipes. It was hilarious. I felt this was another episode to speak to Landry's strong character and empathy for his people as he risks his own life to interogate the Prior. It is kind of sad to see what happened to Orilin. He not only sacrificed his ascension but also his life in to protect Earth from the Ori
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

1. Very smooth work from Teal'c.

2. Hammond...hmm...not sure what the gameplan was here...

3. Like what the did with the prior.

4. Slight problem, one of those eps where the writers suddenly realised they were running out of script.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  Sad seeing Orlin without any memories of who he was and even of Sam at the end. I always hoped at some point the rest of the Ancients might take pity on him again and welcome him back for what he did.
                  Even he admitted that this was a one way trip as he broke their highest tennants, he kept the ancient knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Even he admitted that this was a one way trip as he broke their highest tennants, he kept the ancient knowledge...
                    But didn't he do the same in Ascension? How else would he have known how to build a baby Stargate?
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I am not sure if that was using their knowledge.. remember it only worked once.

Comment

True, but I figured that was down to a lack of materials and perhaps power, considering there's no naquadah on Earth and how much it costs the SGC to dial out...
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

If there's any one scene that totally makes this 2-part story a good one for me, it's the scene where Hammond comes into the briefing room to say hi to Sam, Daniel & Cam. "It's always darkest before the dawn." I really miss DSD.
                          sigpic

Comment

It was truely a sad day when we learned of his passing.

Comment

Emotional and touching, I liked this ep.
                              Orlin was very convincing for me, poor boy or creature or whatever you call him in his state of existence.
                              The interaction between Landry and his daughter was okay for me - she acted the way she was.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

It's a pity that after this, they never went back to check in on Orlin.

Comment

Working...
                                X