Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

Default Re: The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 (911)

This was a good return to the previous episode. Unlike many past two parters. I feel like the fast pace is consistent through out both parts making for an entertaining two parts. Things were looking desperate and they looked even more desperate in this episode as the virus expands beyond the Untied States. I like that the anti-Prior device is only temporary and it takes trial and error. It would be too easy if we could elminate their abilities completely remember laughing at the exhange of cheese recipes. It was hilarious. I felt this was another episode to speak to Landry's strong character and empathy for his people as he risks his own life to interogate the Prior. It is kind of sad to see what happened to Orilin. He not only sacrificed his ascension but also his life in to protect Earth from the Ori
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

1. Very smooth work from Teal'c.

2. Hammond...hmm...not sure what the gameplan was here...

3. Like what the did with the prior.

4. Slight problem, one of those eps where the writers suddenly realised they were running out of script.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    Sad seeing Orlin without any memories of who he was and even of Sam at the end. I always hoped at some point the rest of the Ancients might take pity on him again and welcome him back for what he did.
    Even he admitted that this was a one way trip as he broke their highest tennants, he kept the ancient knowledge...

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Even he admitted that this was a one way trip as he broke their highest tennants, he kept the ancient knowledge...
    But didn't he do the same in Ascension? How else would he have known how to build a baby Stargate?
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Major General

I am not sure if that was using their knowledge.. remember it only worked once.

True, but I figured that was down to a lack of materials and perhaps power, considering there's no naquadah on Earth and how much it costs the SGC to dial out...
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Raticate

If there's any one scene that totally makes this 2-part story a good one for me, it's the scene where Hammond comes into the briefing room to say hi to Sam, Daniel & Cam. "It's always darkest before the dawn." I really miss DSD.

Major General

It was truely a sad day when we learned of his passing.

Emotional and touching, I liked this ep.
    Orlin was very convincing for me, poor boy or creature or whatever you call him in his state of existence.
    The interaction between Landry and his daughter was okay for me - she acted the way she was.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Major General

It's a pity that after this, they never went back to check in on Orlin.

ANCHORWOMAN
    (on television screen)
    The final death toll of the pandemic has been estimated at a little over three thousand, worldwide, but health officials are quick to point out that it could have been much worse. As distribution of the vaccine continues, many have begun to ask how this could have happened in the first place. And, more to the point, where did this virus originate?
    http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...%22_Transcript

I was thinking on this episode because of the corona virus outbreak. If they could reveal the Stargate Program in the future, then I am sure this vaccination would be questioned and the families of the victims would demand compensations from the government. But probably the public would be still fooled and they would never find out that Ori plague had an alien resource.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223