Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Inferno (219)

Staff Sergeant

Default Re: Inferno (219)

Of course a great episode
    I didn't mind the blonde chick, it seemed like she was neccesary to convince the chancellor dude that they weren't lieing. Also i liked how he sort of mistrusted them, it complicated things. Unlike most others, i didn't really like Teyla or Ronin. It kind of made me realise how boring they are to me. Oh well. Another dorky race using ancient tech.

Great ep

Quote Originally Posted by smushybird
    Since Crosby usually won, except for Road to Utopia--and he kind of even won, then, too --I suppose it's appropriate for Shep to get the girl. (Rodney...or DH, anyway, should get the Emmy.)
    I've never seen so many good reviews for one SGA ep.
    I am so dying to see this one, now. You lucky people, you.
    Um, we don't know if either got the girl but it was looking like Rodney for a while. Heehee, they really were like Hope and Crosby right down to the slapping.

I really liked this episode and it gives me encouragement for next season, and I am actually looking forward to next weeks finale.

We have a Ship!

this episode was great

does anyone have pics of the vessel?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1701
    does anyone have pics of the vessel?
    *points to page 2 of this thread*

Chief Master Sergeant James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser's Avatar

Well I can't be bothered reading 5 pages of replies, but it's good to see that alot of people liked this ep. I didn't know that the 'Orion' was gonna be an Ancient ship - from the spoilers I read, I thought it was another Earth built ship. Should be good though, esp. if McKay, Zelenka et al can get it fully operational (with some help from Hermiod perhaps?).

Gotta wonder though, with Michael on the way with a Wraith hive ship, they'd want to make sure they hide it somehow...I'm sure that even though the Wraith (some of them) know about Atlantis, they wouldn't want the Wraith knowing they had an Ancient ship...

Can't wait for Allies next week...then it's what, a 6 month wait until new eps debut in July on SciFi? daaamn....I'm gonna try not to read spoilers methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    Renaming a ship is Baaad mojo. That thing's a flying coffin now.
    Ha! I had exactly the same thought! C'mon, Shep, you should know better.

An Aurora-class ship is a lucky find, but I'm curious to know what its got under the hood. It's already been damaged in a Wraith fire-fight, and the Aurora certainly wasn't a match for the ships that took her out.

How long will it take the Orion to get to Atlantis, since it has a slower drive than Prometheus?(I suppose Hermiod could work on the engines....)

I'm glad they got a ship and a fighting chance against the Wraith, but I'm even happier that it's way too little advantage for them to win on fire-power alone. They'll have to use tons of good old ingenuity and the hand of that blonde chick, Lady Luck, to survive what's sure to come.

Bring it on!
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Quote Originally Posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Ha! I had exactly the same thought! C'mon, Shep, you should know better.
    Hehe, I had the same thought as well! But then again, Shep is Air-Force, so he probably thinks that's all superstitious nonsense that the sailor pansies believe in

i really enjoyed this ep, i found it quite amuzing, becuase mckay played quite a big part as he was quite funny, and same goes for sheppard, but i really liked the orion it was wicked

Chief Master Sergeant James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser's Avatar

I only know the basic plot for Allies, so I don't know how it ends luckily...

but hopefully they don't get into a firefight with the Wraith, cos there's really not alot they can do from this point with only one ship and some drones. If the Ancients couldn't defeat them in 100 years, we don't have a hope in hell

I liked this episode, mostly because there was actual tension and a feeling of peril. I really liked the music in this one as well.

There were bad points too, but I was mostly able to overlook them this time. I didn't like the Shep/random hot alien chick/Mckay triangle at all, was a bit confused whether I should have known this civilization from before and finally thought that the Ronan/Teyla "death" scene was really poorly done. Bad pacing, bad writing and bad acting in a potentially emotional and important character scene. I was also puzzled why McKay or Shep didn't seem to worry about Ronan and Teyla since they didn't know they had been beamed aboard the Daedalus. I was expecting a scene where they discuss whether they can leave them behind but the issue was avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Wick
    Why did the Dedalus take the refuges all the way to Atlantis why not to a close world with a stargate then they could have gated to Atlantis it would have taken a fraction of the time taken to fly to Atlantis.
    That’s a very very good point, they wouldn't even need to find a planet with an active Stargate, any habitable planet would do temporarily for the refugees. The only possibility I can think of taking the people back to Atlantis is to protect them from the Wraith but it seems a bit of a stretch, its a big galaxy.

Small nitpick aside, fantastic episode, which leads well in to next weeks finale. Cannot believe we only have one episode left.

Actually, I've always wondered why they don't beam a Stargate onto ships like the Deddy from uninhabitable planets and keep it around. Hell, they could grab up the mist alien's gate and be doing them a giant favor. Something like that would be real handy to have, particularly in situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wick
    Why did the Dedalus take the refuges all the way to Atlantis why not to a close world with a stargate then they could have gated to Atlantis it would have taken a fraction of the time taken to fly to Atlantis.
    Actually just beaming them up and down on the other side of the planet to wait there would have saved them all. Sure the planet would eventually go into nuclear winter but that's not going to happen fast enough to kill them all before the D can make its 4 trips back and forth to Atlantis. They probably wouldn't even notice anything in the few hours it was supposed to take.

ok so atlantis has the Orion and now the daudalus. It looks like Atlantis is a bigger priority than Earth with 2 ships on its side. Earth just gets the Prometheus which according to spoilers

Spoiler:
    gets destroyed and is replaced with the Odyssey. Still thats one ship for earth and 2 for atlantis have to have one more for earth
    the good ole days of sg-1

Lieutenant Colonel IWantToBelieve's Avatar

Just popping in to say how much I loved this episode also.

It was wonderful to see the McKay/Sheppard dynamic back and in force, and I'm truly having to revise my opinion on Carl Binder after this!

A great team episode, a lot of truly wonderful moments. Sheppard was adorable, my favorite parts were of course the McShep ones.

I didn't mind the alien gal scientist. She was a nice surprise because I didn't really care for her in Andromeda. The triangle with Sheppard-McKay-female scientist was amusing.

The bits with Carson were a treat (yay Beckett!)

Okay, I just loved it all!
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/IWantToBelieve2/sigpics/sigpicboys1.jpg

best episode this season

The episode also shows that the ancients obviously couldn't mass produce ZPM's, because if they could, there we be no reason for them to have to use the volcano's energy. So for all you hoping to find a ZPM factory... I truly doubt it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by A Lost Cause
    The episode also shows that the ancients obviously couldn't mass produce ZPM's, because if they could, there we be no reason for them to have to use the volcano's energy. So for all you hoping to find a ZPM factory... I truly doubt it's going to happen.
    Oh yes there is!
    Spoilers for episode 201 (as in two hundred and one)
    The Atlantis team, headed by General Sheppard, Dr. McKay (now bald, as well, hair coudn't last forever), Teyla (whose now blonde and skinny, forced to follow the Desperate Housewives diet), Ronon and his three young under 16-year-old suddenly long-lost but found nephews and nieces (to attract the crowd that UPN and the wB coudln't get) find themselves at WAlly's Ancient World, the most humongous 'big box' store in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Humor and drama abound as:
    * McKay finds the ZPM section, only is overwhelmed and goes into a catanoic state as he can't decide between the multi-colored ZPMs (of which there are over 100 different shades)
    * Sheppard gets trapped in the "Wraith Deterrant" section and finds himself glued to a huge section of wraith flypaper, next to a wraith whose been trapped there for a century, is really hungry, and has gone insane because it's been staring at the same page of a tabloid for the time and can't rip off hte wallpaper to turn the page on the tabloid to read the end of the story.
    * Both Teyla and Ronon lose track of time in the Ancient 'hair products' section.
    * Ronon's teeange nephews and niece must of course, save everybody from fates worse than death.
    * And it gets worse from there...

END SPOILERS

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast