No announcement yet.

Michael (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn’t read everything written on Carson’s calendar, but one of the days says “Dinner with Cadman”. He really has to stop calling his girlfriend by her surname! You can’t even argue that she prefers it, because Rodney called her Laura all through Duet and she never asked him not to.

Nice continuity with Teyla mentioning how much Rodney likes MREs.

When we see the close-up of the piece of slate that Teyla was drawing on, it’s hard to tell what’s drawing and what’s scuff marks that were already on it, but it looks like there are a lot more than six symbols on it. However, she did do a good job – Pegasus symbols are a lot more complicated than Milky Way ones and I know I’d find it hard to draw any of them, especially behind my back!

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
      I don't care about time constraints. If a story is too big to do in 45 minutes, don't try to do it in 45 minutes.
      But what if it's too small for a 2 parter, or even a 90 minute episode? Do you really want the episode to be filled with 50% fluff?

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I don't want a spin. I am SICK of spin. I want an ORIGINAL FRACKING IDEA. I don't need more leftovers.
      There's no such thing as an original idea, not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        Oh, spare me.

Anyway, back on topic, I do think Teyla did a good job in this ep. A bit predictible that SHE is the one to show any empathy, but at least it gave her something to do for a change.

Comment

But what if it's too small for a 2 parter, or even a 90 minute episode? Do you really want the episode to be filled with 50% fluff?

well if we could focus a bit more on the city itself, on the ancients, on the characters... it could be original...
          *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
          Je me souviens

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            Not all humans eat meat thank you. I did give you green for the other stuff you posted.
            This is true. How about "humans evolved to eat meat"?
            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Callie
              I couldn’t read everything written on Carson’s calendar, but one of the days says “Dinner with Cadman”. He really has to stop calling his girlfriend by her surname!
              Maybe they aren't a couple yet. In "Duet", since Carson knows that Laura likes him, we saw him squeeze her hand. And then there was a date mentioned (I forgot in which episode) and later we saw the two of them walking through a corridor in "Critical Mass". Just walking and laughing, nothing else, not even holding hands. And now another date is mentioned. But no-one said that they are together yet. Maybe they are, and Carson just doesn't want to write "Date with my sweetheart Laura" into a calendar everyone can see. Or maybe he and Laura are just taking their relationship slow.
              Personally I don't like the character of Cadman very much, but I like continuity, so I think that it's a funny that something like this is written on the calendar.

Did I see that right, is the date on the calendar July 2005? That would be the same time they made this episode then, I think.

Bye, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Oh, spare me.
                I will not.

Really, when's the last time you saw anything that's original in anything?

Comment

I must say this is the most stupid episode of Atlantis I ever saw. A few things which make it that way IMO:

- Michael has a texan accent from the beginning, what Wraith would have that to begin with. If it would come from humans, texan accent must be genetic .... right...

- The Atlantis crew thinking if they remove Wraith DNA they will get a sound human. Since when did upbringing and culture cease to be the most important factor in being human??

- Leaving such a dangerous person so many opportunities to do harm or escape. And with so much knowledge of Atlantis.... Weir should be relieved of duty immediately for such a lack of responsibility. Especially after all other naive decisions she made. Survival of whole Earth is at stake here, for Pete's sake!

I really love the series, but this is not worthy of being an episode of Atlantis. I hope I will forget this one soon and will enjoy the following episodes the more.

Of course all in my opinion...

Comment

I've seen quite a lot, actually. It may not be a LITERAL interpretation of "original", but it's different enough to not be the same as everything else. Whereas most of the plots/ideas for Atlantis not only aren't that original, they're generally regurgitations of things from SG-1 or, worse, Atlantis itself.

And yeah, some of those regurgitated elements weren't "original" to Stargate, but each successive copy degrades in quality with very few twists to try and make it different.

We're at the same point now in Atlantis that we were almost a year ago: The Wraith know we're here and they're coming for us. It's only a matter of time and now the Eathers have to scramble to think up a plan to save themselves- and the home galaxy- from destruction.

And "there are no original ideas anymore" is a moronic excuse for NOT trying to be creative. "Oh, it doesn't matter if we've already done this a few times because, you know, there are no original ideas left." Gimme a break.

There's a difference between not being completely original and not even TRYING to be different. And if you really have any interest in the subject, I suggest starting a thread about it and inviting all opinions, but meanwhile, this is a discussion thread for Michael.

re: Carson and "Cadman". It's a bit odd and Carson certainly seems the type who would call his girlfriend by her first name, but as said... maybe they aren't quite at that level yet. And maybe she intimidates him just the slightest bit. Either because she's a soldier, or because she's a girl or just because she's Cadman.

Comment

I will not.

People who are inventive enough can do it. I hear original and beautiful music all the time, and I read original and compelling stories all the time. It's simply harder now to come up with something new. A single concept is no longer enough to impress. You have to really think and develop the idea. Unfortunately, thinking doesn't seem to be the strong suit of certain Stargate writers. Then again, Carl Binder seems to write in a awesome-lame alternating cycle.Even putting execution aside, the episode was a mess just considering all the little holes and and stupidities.

I can't wait until Ouroborus posts. XD
                      Last edited by AutumnDream; 18 January 2006, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Calm down.

All we know is that the Wraith has info that Atlantis is still there, after that, it's all the interpretation of the Atlantis team.

We'll see what happens, but I doubt it'll be Siege redux.
                        Last edited by PG15; 18 January 2006, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Draft transcript is up:

http://www.brundle.free-online.co.uk/218_Michael.html

Comment

Screen Caps of Carson's Scotland Calender. These are high resolutions and I find it impossible to read them. Why do people say it says he and cadman are going on a date?

P.S. If this is against TOS I am sorry I will remove them...

Comment

Look at the second picture, second row, second column.
                              They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                              Spoiler:
                              Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                                Look at the second picture, second row, second column.
                                I see some obvious writing but I can't even half way make it out. Are you claiming to be able to read it? I have pretty good vision...

Comment

Working...
                                X