No announcement yet.

Michael (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No i think it did air..someone in one of the ship threads did some sort of summary...i think.
    Maybe the canadians have all gone to bed?
    -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Oh my, I thought Stargate aired on wednesdays or something in Canada. Whohoo! New eppy!

Comment

Hm...still no sign of the episode or any indication that it aired. If it did you'd think there would be an official thread or at least people talking about it...

Comment

Just checked http://www.tmn.ca/. It says next showing is Jan 17, 1:45 AM. I don't know if that's the first showing or not, but I could ask some of my Canadian friends when I get home from work. Maybe we're just too early.

Comment

Very well, since no ones want to do some thoughts. Star Gate Atlantis Season 2 Episode 18 did air in Canada in 8-9PM EST, I watched it on the Rogers Network on Channel 301, I was lucky that I caught it too, didn't know it airs Monday's.

I was really glad it was Connor Trinneer playing Micheal Kenmore as I really like this actor for some reason, I can't really say too much or I would be giving it away but I like how Teyla struggles with her morals values when dealing with this situation on whether what they are doing is right. It also shows how Ronin hates the Wraiths so much and can barely contain his feelings even when he is required to do so.

It's too bad though, I was hoping that Connor would be coming in for a recurring role, and the effects of this episodes make sense as we are nearing the finale Episode 19 & 20 for this Season. Now as Colonel Sheppard say it "We need more firepower".

Comment

Okay just saw it & will give away some spoilers for ahyone who wishes to know what happens in it. Especially as there somehow still isn't an episode discussion thread opened right now

Spoiler:

It starts of with 'Michael' in the med lad, he's totally human & wakes up with complete amnesia. Weir & Shep come to him after being told by Beck that he's awake. They inform him that his name is Michael & he works under Shep's command as a soldier in Atlantis.

This goes on for a little while, he's told that he has diabetes & needs a daily injection to control it. Of course it's really his daily dosage of the retro-virus. They haven't refined it enough for the long term, some it needs to be administered every day to supress the bug part completely. The team have a meeting, which includes Beck & Dr.Heightmeyer. Those two along with Weir have support for releasing him as they think it will aid him in his recovery. Shep doesn't agree but he's overuled. So he's released & taken to his quarters by Teyla,. She shows him a cowboy hat & tells him he's from Texas. As well as telling him two people in a photo are his parents. He is sleeping (dream sequence now) then wakes up, he wanders over to the mirror & looks in it, suddenly it's a Wraith reflection that staring back at him. He wakes up from the dream in a cold sweat.

Next day, he's sparring with Teyla. Bits & pieces are starting to come to him now. Teyla beats him good in the first practise. She tells him that he is a good fighter & that he was a hero etc, he was on a mission before he was captured by the Wraith. So they restart & this time he gets the better of Teyla & throws her to the ground. Suddenly Ronon come in & grabs him & flings him back against the wall. Then without breaking rythm, picks him up against the wall by the throat in a supreme show of strength. Teylan screams that it's only training & to let him go.

He is talking to Teyla about the dream that he has had, she assures him that he isn't the only one. She has also had them as well as other members of the expedition who have came into contact with the Wraith. That calms him down a bit.

Later on, he's in the mess hall eating, he has two guards that are shadowing him everywhere. McKay comes past him holding a Tablet PC, he seems lost for words & they don't really know what to say to each other. While talking McKay turns the screen of the pc slightly towards Michael. Who immediately recognises the Wraith schematics that are on the screen as the materializer that's on the Dart, probably the one that was recovered from 'Duet'. He asks McKay how did he know that, he's told that he knows it because that was him mission when he was originally captured. Again he seems to believe it.

He's sleeping & has another nightmare, so he wakes up & goes over to the med lab to see Beck. He's there but is fast asleep, Michael galnces over at an exposed laptop (haven't they ever heard of power saving mode), he takes it along with a few other things & goes back to his quarters. He goes through the cd's on the laptop. Know he finally finds out that he's a Wraith. The team rush to him, he confronts them & accuses them of being hypocrites. It goes on about how evil the Wraith are & that he's better of the way he is know etc.

They take him for his treatment when he momentarily escapes, he ambushes & shoots a soldier dead before being recaptured. He's taken to the Atlantian holding cell that the other captured Wraith have also been held in.

The team meets to decide his fate, Ronon wants to kill him, McKay surprisingly agrees. Weir wa nts to continue on the drug with a stronger dosage to see what happens with that. So it's decided to move him to the Alpha site, they do that just incase a Wraith ship is flying close to Lantia & he connects with them & reveals all about Atlantis.

So he's knocked out & sedated for the journey. He awakes in the med lab on the Alpha site, a bit groggy but he's been restrained. He somehow connects with Teyla & gets her to help him escape his bindings. He takles her hostage & escapes into the woods towards the gate. Ronon & Shep are hot on their heels, he kills another 2 guards. He manages to dial the gate & get through as Shep & Ronon are right behind them firing. However they manage to get through.

They are about to call in McKay to strip the DHD down in order to get the last dialled locations. However Ronon finds a piece of tablet, that has gat sysmbols on it. Michael whose memory is coming back now must have wrote them down one symbol at a time to help him remember.

They are through when somehow Teyla is knocked out. She awakens a short time later, alone, her restraints have been cut off, as well as her vest. She turns around to be startled by a rapidly changing Michael, who is well on his way back to his true Wraith form. She senes that they aren't alone on the planet & that it's full of Wraith & they are coming to them. He says he knows & that's why he brough them there. She turns around to see a docked Hive ship, Cruisers are flying twoards it. There is a lot of activity going on. She asks Michael to go back & get his treatment. He tells her that he is going back to who he really is. She know knows that she's going to get fed upon, if not by him then by the Wraith who are on their way to them on foot. So she says to him that he may as well go ahead & feed on her. He walks over & puts his feeding hand slowly towards her, then suddenly pulls it back at the last minute. Teyla breaths a huge sigh of relief, but then just as quick, he fires the hand back towards her chest. Right then Shep & Ronon come blazing in behind them, they shoot him up pretty good. Then the Wraith reinforcements arrive, lots of the grunts chase them away. Then real Wraith come over to Michaels body & say he is still alive, they pick him up & carry him towards thr Hive ship.

The final scene switches back to Atlantis, they are holding an urgent meeting. They know he will tell all & know Atlantis' cover has been blown again. It's only a matter of time before they get to the planet again, McKay says that the cloaking act won't fool them a second time.

Then Shep says that they need some powerful weapons, then it ends.

Roll on, 'Inferno'. This is the one that I really want to see, since it has the Aurora Warship. Hope it isn't destroyed & they get to use it for the season finale.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

Sounds great!

Comment

It was a good episode. Not the best one though. This is the season 2 equivalent of "The Gift".

Comment

Quite boring IMO, especially after he found out about it. He's a wraith, so does anyone really care? At least it's a setup to the last few eps. No character devlopement, no real team work, no problem to solve, just running around trying to hide it, then trying to fix it when it got blown. No real "solution" to any problem at all, just "oh well, we're screwed".

EDIT - Despoilerd now it's in the episode thread.
                      Last edited by macktheknife; 17 January 2006, 08:20 AM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

It was great!
                        Spoiler:
                        While i was watching it i couldn't stop saying "how can they do that!", and when Beckett was lying to Michael! Oh my!
                        Now i'm thinking maybe the wraith aren't evil, michael as a human was so kind, when he try to talk with Ronin...
                        i just loved it! and now i understand why Weir will darkened..

Comment

I think they missed a vital chance for some exposition (is that the right word?) about the wraith, their motives etc etc just beyond "food". They had some with ellia, but not much, and now an ep with a wraith, and they keep talking about him being human.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Good episode, I liked it, but did anyone else notice how mikey was walking around like he had hemroids?

Comment

There's a part of me that wishes "Hey! Michael's a Wraith!" hadn't been in every available description of this episode, because I think it would have made the regulars seem so much more sinister at the beginning.

Not my favorite episode, but pretty decent nonethe less.

During all of Mikey's sessions with Heightmeyer I kept thinking, *he is so gonna feed on you when he gets the chance*. And as much as I like occasional appearances of Heightmeyer, Michael seriously needed to get pissed at her. Would have been so fun.

I love that everyone was so much darker, that aspect of the ep rocked my socks. Integrating Michael w/ the community? The military community? Not so much. Making him a scientist and telling him that he had been working on understanding Wraith tech would have been so much more beneficial and would have done much more to push the view of the Atlantis command staff beginning to develop a more mercenary attitude.

This was a nice ep for actually seeing Teyla instead of having her shoved back in a corner. I may have growled a little when I saw her being taken hostage (because she is not a damsel in distress type of girl), I liked her scratching out the gate address on the rock; showed ingenuity.

I also really liked Mikey using his Wraith telepathic ability to get Teyla to free him. It worked really well.
                              Ficcers: No Michael/Teyla fic. No! I know you're thinking about it; stop now. Step away from the keyboard...

I know Michael had to live and escape to set up the next couple of eps, but couldn't they have made it a bit more difficult? Put him in a cage and make him kill a few guards to escape, have Sheppard shoot at him and have a drone/guard Wraith get in the way. The way it was done just makes the command staff look weak and stupid.

Loved Beckett in this ep. He had a comparatively small number of scenes, but those few scenes managed to do a lot for him and where he's going.
                              (although I didn't buy the "sleeping in the lab" scene. You don't sleep that soundly in that position, sorry, no. Head should have been on his arms)

So, not the best, not the worst, but decent.
                              They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                              Spoiler:
                              Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. The writing was strong, the directing, and the acting. I loved that there was interaction with the entire team, and the moral fibre of the story was compelling for me as well. It resonated. Definitely one of my favorite Atlantis episodes for the season, if not for the entire run so far.

I wasn't a huge fan of ENTERPRISE (as a series) while it was on the air, so I didn't have too much of a "fan-ish" preconceived notion of the way the title role would end up being played by Connor, but I thought he did a fabulous job as "Michael" - both the Human and the Wraith side(s) of him. And I'm terribly glad they left the possibility open for his return in future, should the story arise.

No time for a long or thorough review, per se, but just wanted to pop in here and say - really good stuff, overall.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X