Michael (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starfox
    There's a part of me that wishes "Hey! Michael's a Wraith!" hadn't been in every available description of this episode, because I think it would have made the regulars seem so much more sinister at the beginning.

I love that everyone was so much darker, that aspect of the ep rocked my socks. Integrating Michael w/ the community? The military community? Not so much. Making him a scientist and telling him that he had been working on understanding Wraith tech would have been so much more beneficial and would have done much more to push the view of the Atlantis command staff beginning to develop a more mercenary attitude.

I know Michael had to live and escape to set up the next couple of eps, but couldn't they have made it a bit more difficult? Put him in a cage and make him kill a few guards to escape, have Sheppard shoot at him and have a drone/guard Wraith get in the way. The way it was done just makes the command staff look weak and stupid.
    I was thinking some of the same things. I actually liked the fact that there was moral ambiguity in this episode, though it didn't seem to ring true that Beckett would be the most in favour of doing these experiments (where's Caldwell when you need him?). However, I was also bugged that the military command was so lax around Michael, considering all their previous encounters with any wraith.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Not a bad episode at all.
      However the whole retro virus thing is just plain stupid from the get go.

Comment

I have a hard time believing they all thought the virus was a good idea. I find it pretty morally wrong that they figured he'd be better off now he was human.

Comment

I liked this episode. I must say that they must finally gotten out of there 'let's take ideas from SG-1 and use them in Atlantis.' It was nice to see something that did not really involve having think with the gun and not with their head. I also liked that the fact that almost everyone involve with the project had some form of moral problem, it was just me or did anyone else find it odd that Elizabeth didnt really have a problem with the experiment and was completely out of touch with her human side.

Comment

I had great expectation for this ep and I wasn't too disappointed.

At first, I didn't care they were doing such experiments because he is a Wraith... but the more you learn about the whole thing, the more you realize he looks more human than Weir, Shep and co.
            The Wraith are monsters because they feed on us... That how they eat! So what are we for killing animals? The wraiths look more human than ever.

I LOVE Teyla! she was just amazing in this ep

The other characters seemed .. different, not themself. I didn't recognize Weir, Shep, Beckett... everything they do is pretty stupid.

How sure were they about the success of this experiment? Apparently enough to bring Michael on Atlantis. If they had brought him on the alpha site first, then, Michael would have tought the city had been destroy.... But seems too complicated for them to think about it.

Loved the fact we get to see more of the city.

Felt like an episode written to prepare the season final...

I felt compassion for Michael and in this episode WE look like the bad guys... I really didn't like the characters. I'm not even talking about this arrogant way they think they're superior...

Liked the ep but didn't recognize our Characters.
            *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
            Je me souviens

Comment

Originally posted by dark_faith
              I had great expectation for this ep and I wasn't too disappointed.

I LOVE Teyla! she was just amazing in this ep

The other characters seemed .. different, not themself. I didn't recognize Weir, Shep, Beckett... everything they do is pretty stupid.

Liked the ep but didn't recognize our Characters.
              That is how I feel.... I just didn't buy Shep, Weir and Beckett, their reactions seemed waaaaay too careless and even kinda cold.
              Teyla and Ronon I recognized..

What I really hate about all this is that we're actually at the same place with the same situation than after last season's 18th episode.. The Wraith know that Atlantis exists and where it is and they're gonna launch an attack. Now the the team needs to work out how to safe the city. Good for last season, but is getting pretty lame now.

Otherwise, I thought it was one of the better episodes this season, but no match for 'Critical Mass', 'Conversion' or 'Coup D'Etat'..
              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

good ep glad to see Trip(don't know his real name...or even if that was his name from Enterprise) is finding work after enterprise i would have liked it to be a suprise that he was a Wriath but i'm sure they told us that cause eveyrone would have known the second they say him
                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caty
                  What I really hate about all this is that we're actually at the same place with the same situation than after last season's 18th episode.. The Wraith know that Atlantis exists and where it is and they're gonna launch an attack. Now the the team needs to work out how to safe the city. Good for last season, but is getting pretty lame now.

Otherwise, I thought it was one of the better episodes this season, but no match for 'Critical Mass', 'Conversion' or 'Coup D'Etat'..
                  Totally agree. It kinda spoil the suspens. I'm not even looking forward to ALLIES ( The title scares me, looks like our characters are gonna be even more stupid than in Michael...)

I've got kind of a weird feeling toward this ep... I loved it but I hated it cause the PTB is playing a bad game with our charcaters.

They make a story up and fill it in with the characters so they can fit the story.... We should follow OUR characters and what happen to them ... BUt here again, it's called continuity and character developpement.... Doesn't exist in SG
                  *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
                  Je me souviens

Comment

Cool episode. I wish I'd never read the spoilers for it, though. I'd like to have seen this not knowing where this was going. There's gonna be repercussions from this episode, I know it... and as the doctor who delivered me said "this is gonna get ugly."
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

o.k here my thoughts for Michael:

- it was a little too much cut-in into the events... not that I couldn't follow the whole act, but it's a quite heavy beginning and heavy end

- The guy who played "Michael" *melts* really good looking... I really felt with Teyla wanting to be his "Friend" *coughs*

- I liked the little character-developement for Teyla... in the first season I really didn't care about Teyla, but now I'm more and more interested in her and she's growing to my favourites

- Aaarrrgghhh...I don't know but I think Ronan should start becoming more Earth-people like after living with them for nearly one year... I mean, he can't just be ruled THAT much by aggression...every episode he either wants to kill somebody, torture somebody or fight... and this starts to get boring *coughs*

- I really like McKay but don't having him as the MAIN character who saves them all was kinda relieve-like in this episode...and after reading the spoilers, I'm quite sure he'll get enough to do in the next 2 episodes

- Atlantis in the mist *squeee* THAT was great!

- Seeing new areas of the city just made me being more confortable...really cool and I definitely LOVE the quarters...*wants to have such a big room too*

- I made the fault to watch the episode in total dark, with headphones on and alone at home, ergo, I nearly got a heart-attack when Michael saw himself as a Wraith the first time again

- Heightmeyer...definitely like this women

- Hm, I'm not sure yet about Weir an Beckett, if they really were OOC... but I like the way Weir changed. She thinks more realistc than she had...and John actually started to really accept all her decisions without trying to convince her about something else...!

- the End was mean... *whoooo* the Wraith are coming...kinda "Déjà-vu" moment

- Finally the first fault I noticed *lol*... when Michael takes away the photo of his parents the Laptop beside him is closed...but on the Camera-view it's open

O.K I'll rewatch this episode tomorrow, so I might find other things

Comment

Seems to me the only one who was thinking straight was Ronan. Who in the world actually thought bringing a wraith to Atlantis was a good idea? What's next? How about we bring a wraith through the gate to the SGC and inplant him with a Goa'uld and see if we can't all be friends. To me the biggest problem with this episode is that all the main characters with the exception of Ronan and maybe Teyla seemed to take leave of their senses. Wier and Beckett really seemed out of character in this episode. Now we are practically right back where we were this point in season one, the wraith are comming, again. Just seems a bit soon to revisit this particular plot line.
                        Last edited by donniepw; 17 January 2006, 01:29 PM.
                        Teal'c "I killed you"
                        Daniel "Why?"
                        Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                        Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

A disturbing ep. Guess this is the DARK ep that Torri was talking about for Weir and Beckett. interesting that Beckett wanted to do this and Weir approved it.

I thought their reactions and their ability to lie to him so easily was chilling. OOC too. Kind of. Hmmm. Must ponder that more.

Shep and Teyla and Ronon and Rodney seemed IN character for me.

Too much with Kate and Michael and Michael and teyla moments. Repetitious when I would have preferred Michael interact with others more. And given that Shep had done his own conversion, I would have liked a scene with him and Michael that was along that lines. Somehow.

Like Ronon and Shep working together to get Teyla back.

I think it was interesting how everyone felt about it. Ronon was all about Michael being a Wraith. Period. I think he's right. Teyla believed in Michael's humanity. ::wishful thinking::

Shep didnt' seem to relate to Michael as either. Like he kept himself detached about that aspect of it. It was nice to see him worried about the safety aspects of letting Michael wander about, even witha guard. And he seemed focused on the end result of the experiment.

Beckett and Weir's reactions still unsettle me.

Rodney was too the point. He wasn't comfortable around Michael and he, obviously, still saw him as a Wraith/threat.

The moral ethics here are very interesting.

I can accept what Shep said. They are at war. And that's a fact. And Weir's decision to do this has now led to them being rediscovered and back in danger. That falls totally on her shoulders and I wonder if there will be follow through to that in INFERNO and ALLIES.

Interesting how after he question to Shep about how do they differ from the Wraith in Critical mass given the Torture issue and all, and now she does this? Yeah...waffle much?

I found Teyla and Ronon and Shep to be as they have been before. Their reactions were true to their past actions/beliefs.

Yeah...interesting ep. Not as good as Coup but, interesting.

And, because I'm shallow at times. SHEP WAS HOT! Everyone did a great job acting but Connor and Joe were the best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool_chicK
                            I liked this episode. I must say that they must finally gotten out of there 'let's take ideas from SG-1 and use them in Atlantis.' It was nice to see something that did not really involve having think with the gun and not with their head. I also liked that the fact that almost everyone involve with the project had some form of moral problem, it was just me or did anyone else find it odd that Elizabeth didnt really have a problem with the experiment and was completely out of touch with her human side.
                            *raises hand* I did! It's interesting in light of the change we've seen in her over the last several episodes - letting go of the ideals which she's held so closely. Still, at the same time I thought it was really odd that she didn't seem the least bit opposed to this one. Sure, she's had twelve days to come to terms with her decision, but there was absolutely no hint that she second-guessed herself at all on the decision to experiment on him.
                            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by dark_faith
                              They make a story up and fill it in with the characters so they can fit the story.... We should follow OUR characters and what happen to them ... BUt here again, it's called continuity and character developpement.... Doesn't exist in SG
                              Maybe that is due to the episode being plot driven instead of character driven - not every episode need be pure character development.
                              Last edited by randy; 17 January 2006, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Very good performance from the Michael actor. He would have been a great addition for a permanent role in Atlantis.

Not sure if they really explained why they suddenly had a Wraith in capture. How did they get hold on Michael in the first place, they could have taken a minute or two and showed that. Was a bit too sudden opening in this ep.

Ronon, not sure what he actually have accomplished in this second season of Atlantis. I read the writers said he would add a lot to Atlantis team, but I haven't seen him as a crucial teammember yet. He has had little to do, we need to get more backstory on him.

Weir seems to be more straightforward in her decisions now. She is willing to risk more. We see a more "darker" side of her coming.

In general, I get the feeling that the Atlantis team is doing the wrong decisions all the time. For example, in the last eps, they trusted the genii guy in Coup, they trusted the alien in Long Goodbye, and they now thought the retrovirus would be a good thing all the time in this episode, except Teyla and Ronon. And probably more mistakes to come.

And as another user here pointed out, we almost get the same situation again as in last season. The Wraith again know of Atlantis. I wish we could see more of events from the Wraiths eyes, clips or sequences where the Wraiths talk to each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X