This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
    i dont think the ancient transporter cupboards in antlantis are like the ring device, more like the asgard beaming tech, but station to station
    I personally see at least three different types of transportation devices:
    Ring Transporters - basic type, very reliable, doesnt need massive use of sensors, can access hidden ring transporters that other types cannot use, oldest of the type, goa'uld and ancients used it
    Transporters - inbetween the ring and beam, doesnt require a 'ring' to enclose the object, more flexible but still requires a station to station use, aschen and atlantis use it
    Beam Teleporters - the most advanced, need very good sensors, asgard use mostly

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

the transport cupboards are probly just saffer i maen atlantis is a city would you let a child use a ring transporter look at the movie that guy lost his head the cupoard is alot more user freindly

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
        Transporters - inbetween the ring and beam, doesnt require a 'ring' to enclose the object, more flexible but still requires a station to station use, aschen and atlantis use it
        also the user can choose where he/she goes (rather than the ring going to cloest set), as long as there is a station there.

Comment

I think the writer's just needed to let them descend a few thousand feet instantly and slipped in the rings being Ancient. They pretty clearly established in The Other Guys that the Goa'uld manufactured rings. I don't recall them actually ever learning they were Ancient.
          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Working...
          X