Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the new S2 title sequence (the long one)...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the new S2 title sequence (the long one)...

Anyone else vaguley reminded of the Firefly opening title sequence?
    ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
    Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Hmm...switch the orange for the blue...I see it.

Comment

Nope - but then again I have never seen the firefly opening sequence
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        Nope - but then again I have never seen the firefly opening sequence
        So you mean it hasn't aired in the UK yet (or it did and you didn't bother to watch it)

And no it doesn't look like the Firefly opening credits
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          So you mean it hasn't aired in the UK yet (or it did and you didn't bother to watch it)
          I have watched about 20 mins of the pilot (I think) didnt really like it
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            I have watched about 20 mins of the pilot (I think) didnt really like it
            okay, got ya.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't see the opening credots at ALL like Firefly.
              Sorry to burst ya bubble. (I do that alot...)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmrtlofDrknss
                Anyone else vaguley reminded of the Firefly opening title sequence?
                Not at all.

a time to mourn

Comment

I see similarities in that the headshot of each actor is frozen when their name pops up. It's the least enjoyable aspect of the S2 opener.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                    I see similarities in that the headshot of each actor is frozen when their name pops up. It's the least enjoyable aspect of the S2 opener.
                    That and (this is coming from a heterosexual male), the headshots of Jason Momoa, Paul McGillion, and David Hewlett are less than flattering.
                    ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
                    Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

You know what, any thing's better than the sorry excuse for opening credits we were subjected to for 20 episodes (if you count SG-1).

Perfecto!

Comment

I liked the short opening credits...got to the story quicker *wanders off to look for remote control*

Comment

Originally posted by leaper
                          I liked the short opening credits...got to the story quicker *wanders off to look for remote control*
                          I'll agree with that, save for the quick trip through the wormhole at the end of the short sequence. I never did enjoy that.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I liked the atlantis opening

not to sure i like the picture of beckett i think there could had chosen a better one he look like he is in pain lol

I love firelfy i will pop in my dvd and compare the 2
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                              Yep, they're quite crappy. Beckett's face looks like someone just hit him in the balls.

I find this new opener relatively cheap.
                              The blue thingies in the corner of the screen suck. For a moment, I thought this opener was fanmade.
                              It largely focuses on space, spaceships, orbital stargates, planet shots, with a few shots of Atlantis for the fun, but that's not what Atlantis had before.

I loved seeing McKay in the ruins, Ford walking in the errie forest, Sheppard firing at darts with his big gun and all the leaves blown away.

The only nice thing in that new opener is the fade from a Wraith's face to a tower of Atlantis which has to light squares relatively matching the position of the Wraith'e eyes a few frames before.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X