No announcement yet.

Praise and Admiration for Babylon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I borrowed the first season to my cousin, so I can't look over that.

2nd season:

Geometry of Shadows
    Coming of Shadows
    In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum (sense a theme, anyone?)
    Comes the Inquisitor

I'll stop there-what I watch varies on mood.

Comment

usually when there is nothing else to watch ... i start some of my favorite B5 eps. i usually pick a theme... like telepaths/Bester or liberation of Earth or Minbari politics (those with Neroon) and fire away...

since i watched all eps at least twice i find this way of rewatching B5 really enjoyable... it's not like i don't know what will happen, so following specific plot line makes it interesting.
      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I've been watching the earth civil war related episodes and have "severed dreams" in right now. Probably watch "Between the Darkness and the Light" and "endgame" next. Maybe "A Late delivery from Avalon" or "in the beginning" after that. But you got me thinking maybe i'll throw Moments of Transition next. you gotta love Neroon. Warrior or Religious he was all Minbari. His scenes with Marcus in "Grey 17 is Missing" were classic.
        Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I loved it! Babylon 5 still ranks as my favorite sci-fi show of all time. I love the story arc concept, and think it's a pity JMS didn't get a chance to do it as he originally planned. The show was threatened with cancellation after every season, not just the fourth.

I wonder if we could persuade JMS to release a new version of Babylon 5 in HD and with updated effects?
          sigpic

Comment

maybe if the Dvd's do well, they may decide to give us another spin off. Crusade could have been a great show if they had let JMS do his thing.
            Last edited by Kirath; 06 December 2006, 09:55 PM.
            Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Babylon 5 is my second favorite TV show after FarScape. I also enjoy all the movies and the short-lived Crusade.

The story arcs, the music, and the characters are my favorite points.

Chris Franke's music really hits the emotions in episodes like "The Twilight Struggle" with Narn's defeat, "Endgame" where the Interstellar Fleet fight to save Earth from Clark, "Severed Dreams" when Sheridan announces that they are seceding from the Earth Alliance, the "Fall of Centauri Prime" where G'Kar and Londo have their final moment together and when Londo flashbacks to his key moments of the series, and in the final episode where the station is shut down. Those are only examples.

And, I love how each season had a different title sequence--introducing a different volume of the series.

Well, that's all for now.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

So many unanswered questions. Will they find a cure to the Drahk plague? will Garibaldi ever catch Bester? Will they Brakiri ever find out who shot JR?

Comment

Just finished watching "the Fall of Night". Don't know what was better the battle between the station and the war cruiser or Sheridan speech in front of the mirror.
                  Last edited by Kirath; 22 December 2006, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Babylon 5 was one of my first real sci-fiction shows besides Star Trek that I got into before Sg-1 and Atlantis were around. It still one of my top 10 favorite shows besides Stargate... Wish it was still on the air.. Watch them on dvd still, my favorite seasons were season 3 and 4.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                    Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                    http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Working...
                    X