This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched episodes 211/212

I'm not up on what's showing where, so if anyone has already seen them as well, I'm not bragging or anything, just offering spoilers for those who can't wait for Jan. 6 and 13, or hints for those worried about certain characters.

These were review versions with many CG effects unrendered and some not-quite-done sound effects, but the acting and plot were awesome. Edward James Olmos is a god.

Anyway, speak up if you want spoilage.

HI,

Yes, I want spoilers! Especially anything about Laura

Thank you!
    Lizway1

Comment

Where did you watch it? How?

Comment

What does Apollo do in these episodes?

How does Cain die?

Comment

Where did you watch it? How?
          I work at a media company and we sometimes receive promotional kits for SciFi channel shows.

Now, I hope I'm doing this right ...
          SPOILER ALERTS, highlight the text to read the answers.

Yes, I want spoilers! Especially anything about Laura
          Highlight: Laura and Adama are closer than ever in this two-parter, but she is the one who says they must kill Cain in order to save the fleet. At first Adama balks at it, but then finds out Pegasus had a civilian fleet, but Cain stripped the ships for parts and took only the "useful" people from them, leaving the rest stranded. If the person refused, she ordered their family to be shot. Laura is getting sicker, but is still in control.

What does Apollo do in these episodes?
          Highlight: He helps Starbuck get the recon photos of the Resurrection ship, but when his part is found out, Cain revokes his flight status. After the decision is made to destroy the Resurrection ship, Adama tells Starbuck to kill Cain and have Lee back her up. During the fight, Lee pilots the Blackbird to take out its FTL drive. The Blackbird is destroyed, but he ejects in time, watching the battle from the front row. However, a tear in his suit means he needs rescuing soon, but he is so upset over the decision to kill Cain he doesn't want to be rescued. He eventually is found and saved, but not before a cool dream/half-conscious scene.

How does Cain die?
          Adama never gives Starbuck the codeword order to kill Cain. Cain seems to realize it, and doesn't give the same command to her XO she put on Galactica to kill Adama. All seems well until Baltar lets the Number Six the Pegasus captured free. She wants to die and asks Baltar to kill her, but he refuses, saying she deserves justice. So, she runs off, finds Cain and shoots her in the head.

Not sure if these are spoilers or not. Highlight to read.

Resurrection ship: It contains thousands of new Cylon bodies because the fleet is too far from the Cylon homeworld for the consciousnesses to reach it.

Promotions: Cain promotes Starbuck to captain and makes her the Pegasus CAG. Roslin promotes Adama to admiral at the end.

The Chief and Helo: They live. Adama moves them back to the Galactica after Cain's death.

Comment

Wow Beagle you are so awsome!! Thanks for all the info. I am a big Adama/Roslin fan. So can you give more details about them. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
              I work at a media company and we sometimes receive promotional kits for SciFi channel shows.
              Lucky b*****d, I thought it was leaked.
              sigpic

Comment

I am a big Adama/Roslin fan. So can you give more details about them. Thanks.
                Highlight: As a setup, the cliffhanger of Galactica and Pegasus targeting each other ends with Starbuck popping up on radar as an unidentified ship, prompting both sides to break off and go after her. During the chat aboard Colonial One after the incident, Roslin and Adama both realize just how much of a threat Cain is to the safety of the fleet. After Cain leaves, Roslin tells Adama that Cain will take the first chance to kill him, so he needs to act first. Roslin's decision to kill Cain shows how far she'll go to defend Adama and the fleet. Their relationship has really grown, since in many scenes they're on a first-name basis. Now, for a bigger spoiler, at the very end of the second episode, after she promotes him to admiral, Adama gives her a kiss.

Another Apollo spoiler: At the end, Lee is semi-catatonic in his bunk talking to Starbuck about how he didn't want to be rescued and how he let her down because he wasn't there to back her up. Unseen by both of them outside the hatch is Dualla looking somewhat confused/upset/jealous of the relationship between Apollo and Starbuck. It was somewhat led up to by her attempts to contact Apollo after his ship was destroyed and they were looking for him. Her concern seemed to go beyond the communications officer contacting a pilot.

Lucky b*****d, I thought it was leaked.
                Yeah, well, I think SciFi does it for TV reviewers, although we don't have one (don't tell them though). I'm just surprised they didn't send the SG-1 and Atlantis premieres.

Comment

Hello,

THANKS!!!

I am a big Roslin fan so I appreciate the spoilers....Did you get to see episode 213?
                  Lizway1

Comment

Thanks for the spoilers.

Does Apollo take out the Resurrection ships FTL?

Comment

Who is the character Richard 'Buster' Bayer and what does he do?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Asharak
                        Thanks for the spoilers.

Does Apollo take out the Resurrection ships FTL?
                        Hightlight: Yes. But he hits some debris and that's what destroys the Blackbird and forces him to eject.

No, no episode 213 on the review DVDs. As for Richard "Buster" Bayer, I'm not sure, but I could have easily missed him. I don't recall many non-Galactica characters having major roles other than the Pegasus XO and Cain. My guess is that he's a Pegasus crewman, but I could easily be wrong.

Comment

can I just ask - what happened to Peggy? does the ship stay or go?
                          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Thanks for all the spoilers Beagle!!! I can't wait to see the 2-parter now!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So.. what does Starbuck do in theese episodes?

Thanks for all the spoilers so far

Comment

Working...
                              X