Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: CSI LasVegas - Miami - NewYork

Quote Originally Posted by Jenova Synthesis
    You guys ship for someone?
    Grissom/Sara, Cath/Warrick, Cath/Sara, Nick/Greg (one of my only two male slash ships), Horatio/Calleigh, Stella/Mac and was Flack/Aiden for the duration of NY season 1.

I don't have slash ships.
    My ships are Grillows ( love that name), Sara/Greg, Mac/Stella, slightly Calleigh/Eric (was Calleigh/Hagen before).

Second Lieutenant

Hopefully she'll return as Lady Heather in S6. Read that somewhere.

You guys ship for someone?
    I agree. Great character for her, she plays it quite well. Played a similar one in Firefly.

I can't say I "ship" I figure I'll let the writers decide where the relationships should go...and while I would see absolutely no problem with homosexual relationships between characters I really don't understand why some people are so adamant about them.

Adamant about slash ships? I'm not, but I know people who are... particularly some of the Sheppard/McKay 'shippers. That pairing bugs me.

Far as same-sex relationships go, I call 'em as I see 'em. No different than opposite-sex relationships.

BTW, like the name. That was a good episode...

Quote Originally Posted by Trialia
    Adamant about slash ships?
    No I'm not. I have absolutely no problems with that. As a matter of fact I have many homosexual friends and in the Electro/Goth scene here in Germany it's normal to be at least bisexual.
    As for CSI it's just that I like the male/female dynamics better. *shrugs*
    Same for SGA.

Fave eps?

One of mine:

No I'm not. I have absolutely no problems with that. As a matter of fact I have many homosexual friends and in the Electro/Goth scene here in Germany it's normal to be at least bisexual.
    Same for SGA.
    Didn't think you were. Just quoting the post above me. I'm bisexual myself, as it happens.

Fave eps?
    Considering the only season 6 episode I've seen so far is Bodies in Motion, I'd have to say... Bloodlines is my all-time favourite, but Cool Change, Table Stakes, Chaos Theory, Hunger Artist, Play With Fire, Turn of the Screws, Butterflied and Nesting Dolls are some of my other favourites.

Have you already seen 'GumDrops'? I know I'm repeating myself but I so love this ep. Wait, it's 6x05 so you haven't. Shooting Stars is great, as well as Werewolves from S6. Hmm, then KingBaby, Slaves of LV, Lady Heather's box, Suckers and Alter boys. Bloodlines was awesome from the scientific pov.

Second Lieutenant

Adamant about slash ships? I'm not, but I know people who are... particularly some of the Sheppard/McKay 'shippers. That pairing bugs me.

Far as same-sex relationships go, I call 'em as I see 'em. No different than opposite-sex relationships.

BTW, like the name. That was a good episode...
    It's cool when they're there but I find it curious when people want relationships between characters that are obviously not gay. Sheppard would be a maybe (though if the show wants to stay true to life he wouldn't be allowed to openly admit it or lose his commission), McKay certainly doesn't swing that way. Beckett would be a good character to explore that with.

Heh, the name was actually one of my ferret's names. Named him Felony because he got into a hell of a lot more trouble than the other one who we named Fatty. One day I was bored and decided to give them full names and thus they became Felonious Monk and Faddeus Aurelius.

Couple weeks later when watching a marathon of downloaded CSI episodes with my roommates we noticed the title of that episode and couldn't help but laugh.

Second Lieutenant

Same for SGA.

Fave eps?

One of mine:

maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but when one says adamant it doesn't mean that one is against those relationships. quite the opposite; those I've seen adamant about slash relationships are the ones pushing for gay pairings in characters that have shown no sign of them. for example Nick and Warrick....they're good friends, probably look at each other like brothers by now, but I highly doubt either of them would swing that way, especially Warrick

The furry episode rocked! Was that the same as the episode with the big girls? One of the best lines came from that one: "Have tons of fun."

Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousMonk
    It's cool when they're there but I find it curious when people want relationships between characters that are obviously not gay. Sheppard would be a maybe (though if the show wants to stay true to life he wouldn't be allowed to openly admit it or lose his commission), McKay certainly doesn't swing that way. Beckett would be a good character to explore that with.
    You really think so? IMO I'd have said McKay and Beckett both possibilities, but I would never have pinned Sheppard that way inclined. *is a McKay/Zelenka 'shipper*

Ferrets rule. Mine is called Milkybar.

Anyway, back on topic! I wasn't actually all that happy with 6x01-- a lot of loose ends and discarded threads, from what I could tell. I hope the next episode is better.

maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but when one says adamant it doesn't mean that one is against those relationships...snip
    ...my dictionary confuses me... eh I meant what I said. I have no problems with that. For a non-English it's hard to get all the sayings. But please go on telling me when I make mistakes.

Yeah, 6x01 wasn't the best ep. Can't remember 6x02 Room service atm. But eps 7 + 8 will be great. Imo has one of the best ends ever.

Second Lieutenant

...my dictionary confuses me... eh I meant what I said. I have no problems with that. For a non-English it's hard to get all the sayings. But please go on telling me when I make mistakes.

Yeah, 6x01 wasn't the best ep. Can't remember 6x02 Room service atm. But eps 7 + 8 will be great. Imo has one of the best ends ever.
    I'm not sure you made a mistake, I probably did in my interpretation of what you said.

My roommates has the first twelve or so episodes of this season for LV and NY downloaded, I've watched some of them but I know I missed a few. I'll have to catch up.

I'm not sure you made a mistake, I probably did in my interpretation of what you said.

My roommates has the first twelve or so episodes of this season for LV and NY downloaded, I've watched some of them but I know I missed a few. I'll have to catch up.
    The only thing that really bothers me in S6 is
    Spoiler:
    Nick wearing a beard! Okay, he has it for 3 eps only but it's soooo ugly! Wanna see? here

Second Lieutenant

hahaha yea, I saw that

It was gone soon so I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that he lost a bet with someone on the production crew.

hahaha yea, I saw that

It was gone soon so I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that he lost a bet with someone on the production crew.
    And now that he got rid of this *thing* he has to do sth about his hair...
    Maybe he needs a jolt. Then he'd look like Warrick. Liked Warrick with dreads as well.

Teal'c Re: CSI LasVegas - Miami - NewYork

Really? I view the CSI novels as officially-sanctioned fanfiction... because to be honest, I've read better.
    How can CSI novels by Max Allen Collins be "officially-sanctioned fanfic" when he's a respected crime writer and winner of numerous Silver Dagger Awards for his writing? He wrote the Dick Tracy comic strip for many years, he's also written several Batman comic books, and is the author of the graphic novel that Oscar winning movie Road to Perdition was based upon.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak
    How can CSI novels by Max Allen Collins be "officially-sanctioned fanfic" when he's a respected crime writer and winner of numerous Silver Dagger Awards for his writing? He wrote the Dick Tracy comic strip for many years, he's also written several Batman comic books, and is the author of the graphic novel that Oscar winning movie Road to Perdition was based upon.
    Really? Pretty cool. As I said, I've only read the Miami ones and I liked them. Well written. Fitting the charas.

Except that Calleigh has green eyes, not blue.

Teal'c Re: CSI LasVegas - Miami - NewYork

Donn Cortez, who's taken over writing the CSI: Miami novels is also the author of the Angel novel "Shakedown", whiche he wrote under the name of Don DeBrandt. His website can be found at www.donncortez.com

CSI: NY scribe Stuart M. Kaminsky is also a crime writer. Visit his website www.stuartkaminsky.com

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak
    Pretty easily, because as I say, I have seen better. In his CSI novels there are numerous discrepancies-- showing that with regard to the show and characters he doesn't always check his facts, and he ought to! There are a fair few grammatical errors in there, (pointed out by a friend of mine who works as a technical writer at a military facility, I might add, I'm not saying my own grammar's better than that) in addition to the timeline/character slip-ups.

Try Mossley's Cardinality, I much prefer it.

The new series of NY looks good, so far.

I watches the Miami/NY crossover a while ago and totally loved it.
    H and Mac really are a great team.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast