• Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many stargates does earth have?

i count 3

one in egypt
    one in antartica
    one found by russia with a dhd

2 stargates here with dhds and one without??

o never mind here's an exerp from watergate

After confronting the Russian government, Hammond reports his findings to SG-1: the Russians recovered the alpha Stargate from the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. The U.S. swept the area where Thor's ship went down ("Nemesis"), and concluded that the gate must have been destroyed. The Russian navy, however, was on alert after the country discovered the Asgard ship in Earth's orbit. They recovered the gate.

The Russian government has been divided on whether or not to commission a Stargate program of their own. Now, the gate has been connected to another world and cannot be closed. The Russian president was prepared to order the base bombed and the program covered up; but a scientist, Dr. Svetlana Markov, convinced the government to allow SG-1 into Siberia with her to try and find another solution.

The team meets up with Dr. Markov at Kuybyshev Airbase, and learn that she knows far more about them and about the SGC than she should. She explains that their Stargate program has been in operation for 37 days, with Markov as second in command to General Sakalov. They were able to activate the Stargate so quickly because they have the DHD -- missing from the Giza dig where the Stargate was discovered in 1928, but recovered from the Germans after World War II.

Comment

Only one now. We had two. The gate the Russians recovered was our original one (from Egypt) that was lost in the ocean in the events of Season 3's "Nemesis". They already had the DHD (it was the Egyptian one).
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
        i count 3

one in egypt
        one in antartica

If the Reality was soposed to have the Time Machine then we took the Stargate and Rae was mad so he hid or took the DHD to ensure we don't form an Allinace with the rest of our kind and make them rebel but he did not think we could make our own.
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

I am pretty sure there are only 2 stargates.

Comment

Yeah, this was kinda confusing for me as well, but here's the chain of events:

1. Egyptian gate found in Giza

2. Egyptian gate is used in the movie, and in the series until the episode "Nemesis"

3. The Antarctic gate was found in "Solitudes", it was brought to Area 51 (?) for storage. The Rogue NID used it for theft and stuff like that, not really important for this history though.

4. In Nemesis, the Egyptian Gate was beamed up to the Asgard ship for SG1 to escape, and then crashed into the Pacific.

5. The SGC brough out the Antarctic Gate from storage and it remained the main gate until "Redemption"

6. The Russians recovered the Egyptian Gate from the Pacific Ocean, and used it for a short duration in its own Stargate Program until it all screwed up.

7. In Redemption, Anubis used his weapon to destroy the Antarctic Gate.

8. Afterwards, we rented the Egyptian Gate from the Russians, and we've been using it as the main gate ever since.

The End.

Comment

So the gate in Antarctic was destroyed after the crew left to Atlantis?

Comment

^--You need to read what PG 15 has just detailed for you more carefully so that you can answer your own question

Comment

well since PG15's excellent explaination wasn't understood properly, another way to think explain it

2 stargates, 1 found in egypt and the second in Antartic.

the Egypt gate was used in the movie and the series until it was lost and presumed destroyed when Thors ship crashed. by time time we found the Antarctic gate which was later stored away.

the Antarctic gate was unpacked and used, then we learnt the Russians found and had used the Egypt gate

the Antarctic gate was destroyed by Anubis. the Egypt gate was given back by Russia on loan.

now just 1 gate, the original gate. if you go back and read PG15's explanation you should be able to understand more indepth explanations

sigpic

Comment

before in season 6 ep 2

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                      i count 3

one in egypt
                      one in antartica

I thin k the one in antartica is one from the ancients and the one in giza was one that ra bought because he didn't think we had one
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I wrote this a while ago but it still counts, the entire history of the Stargate and the DHD's on Earth, Complete with episode names

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....83&postcount=3

Comment

okkay I have a question. IF the russians took the US stargate, then why are thet renting it from Russians? Shouldn't it be given back to the US?

Comment

i have a question: where does orlins gate fit it? would that mean we did have 3 gates...oh and dont forget we also have the gate that was on board the hatak from apophis ( floating around somewhere) oh and the atlantis gate which was her at one point....just to throw 3 spanners in the works
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                              i have a question: where does orlins gate fit it?

It burned out.

oh and the atlantis gate which was her at one point....just
                              Explain this one for me.

Originally posted by SilverRider
                              okkay I have a question. IF the russians took the US stargate, then why are thet renting it from Russians? Shouldn't it be given back to the US?
                              Finders Keepers.

Comment

Working...
                              X