Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well atlantis was built on earth( although lately thats under some debate in my mind as well)...atlantis has a Sg, the gate can be got in to atlantis therefore must of been on atlantis's construction site and the city contructed around the gate.....that means at one point earth had 2 gates ,the one being built for altantis, and the one being used by the ancients ( the solitudes one)
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Well, we don't know that. Maybe the Ancients build the new Pegasus gate when they arrived in that galaxy.

May solve the problem of the fact that, with a gate onboard, the point of origin would be...uh...what's that word Danny used? Not constant? Anyway, it wouldn't work when Atlantis was traveling between galaxies.

Comment

i suppose the atlantis gate is more flatpacked.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Bottom line is that there is only one gate in Earth. The other gate was destroyed.

Comment

i still wana know what happened with apophis one, the gate didnt get destroyed inside a sun, doubt a hatak blowing up would destroy it...
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
              well since PG15's excellent explaination wasn't understood properly, another way to think explain it

2 stargates, 1 found in egypt and the second in Antartic.

the Egypt gate was used in the movie and the series until it was lost and presumed destroyed when Thors ship crashed. by time time we found the Antarctic gate which was later stored away.

the Antarctic gate was unpacked and used, then we learnt the Russians found and had used the Egypt gate

the Antarctic gate was destroyed by Anubis. the Egypt gate was given back by Russia on loan.

now just 1 gate, the original gate. if you go back and read PG15's explanation you should be able to understand more indepth explanations

Here's a couple of facts. On the show, they call the Egypt gate the 'Alpha' gate and the Antarctic gate is called the 'Beta' gate.
              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
                Here's a couple of facts. On the show, they call the Egypt gate the 'Alpha' gate and the Antarctic gate is called the 'Beta' gate.
                here's a couple of facts. yes i know, and we are trying to explain what happened to the gates. using the alpha and beta names would just make it more confusing
                Last edited by SaberBlade; 27 December 2005, 05:03 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
                  okkay I have a question. IF the russians took the US stargate, then why are thet renting it from Russians? Shouldn't it be given back to the US?

it's not the US gate anymore it was found in international waters. it's russia's now.

immotept,

orlin's mini gate doesn't work anymore.

Comment

when a planet has two or more stargates the dominant one is the one with a dhd.

SGC computers basically "manual" dials cuz it's the only one that the inner ring moves. every other stargate's inner ring with a dhd doesn't move.

Comment

we only gave 2
                      the antarctica one was move alot
                      your new guide to stargate news.
                      www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
                      www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        i have a question: where does orlins gate fit it? would that mean we did have 3 gates...oh and dont forget we also have the gate that was on board the hatak from apophis ( floating around somewhere) oh and the atlantis gate which was her at one point....just to throw 3 spanners in the works
                        Its probably still in Sam's basement. I think she secretly tinkers with it in her spare time trying to get it to work, when she's hungry she uses it to make toast for a tuna sandwich.
                        "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

there is olny 1 gate now

there was 2 at one point but anubis destryed the gate found on the antartic

and the russians are leasing the orignal gate to the SGC
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Wrong, except for pj111984,
                            There were 2 gates, one from Ra which was found in Egypt in 1928 with no DHD.
                            Later during an accident Carter and Jack were send to another gate in the Antarctic. In The first episode with the replicators. I think it was Nemesis. The gate was presumed destroyed. So They started using the Antarctic Gate. The Russians Found the gate as seen in "Watergate", they found a DHD, the one from Egypt which was taken by the Germans during the war. The DHD from Antarctica broke as mentioned in some episode. THe DHD was apparently so old it broke or something. The russians kept the original Giza (Egypt) gate with the Giza (Egypt) DHD, that DHD was destroyed in 48 hours while trying to save Teal'c. The Antarctic was destroyed when trying to stop Anubis from destroying the planet with his Ancient Stargate Blowy Uppy Thingi. The Orginal Gate is now back in The SGC under lease from the russians. So one gate, no more DHD's. Except for the Ancient Timeship Puddle Jumper DHD. And The System Build by Carter.
                            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                              i still wana know what happened with apophis one, the gate didnt get destroyed inside a sun, doubt a hatak blowing up would destroy it...
                              Thats what I also am wondering about, they say the self destruct in the SGC would not blow the gate up so I doubt a Hatak would blow it up either and if it did we would of noticed it because the explosion would of been a tiny bit bigger.

Hmmmmmm
                              I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Oma Desala
                                I am pretty sure there are only 2 stargates.
                                Yes, and the one found in anarctica was destroyed when it was overloading from something Anubis was doing with ancient tech. Jack sent it through a jump window and it detonated a couple million miles away. The "Russian" gate was the original found in Giza that was beamed up to Thor's ship.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X