This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help clearing up a few things

ok, i love battlestar galactica but there are a couple of questions stuck in the back of my mind that are bothering me and interfering with my enjoyment of the show, mostly to do with the cylons. firstly do each of the the human model cylons, ie; all of the six's, have some kind of shared conciousness/memory, it would seem not but i remember seeing number six on caprica talking to the reporter cylon guy about love and she looked sad, it seemed to me like she was thinking of baltar, second, does anyone remember when the real woman who looked like six showed up on galactica, was she actually a cylon or not, they didnt really explain it much, also, is there a real person the human cylons are based on, maybe galactica sharon is actually real and lastly, why did sharon shoot adama, we've been led to believe she was a sleeper cylon, was she activated, is she still activated or does she really not remember shooting adama. i dont know if anyone else has thought of these things or if im just nitpicking but i could use some help, thanks.
    Last edited by finch19; 26 December 2005, 07:39 PM.

Originally posted by finch19
    ok, i love battlestar galactica but there are a couple of questions stuck in the back of my mind that are bothering me and interfering with my enjoyment of the show, mostly to do with the cylons. firstly do each of the the human model cylons, ie; all of the six's, have some kind of shared conciousness/memory, it would seem not but i remember seeing number six on caprica talking to the reporter cylon guy about love and she looked sad, it seemed to me like she was thinking of baltar
    Each model seems to share a common or basic memories with that particular model line. It is speculation whether or not the "full emotions or emotional attachments" also transfer into the collective conscious. Suppose we will see with the Sharon model now that the Tyrol is back in the picture. There have been hints, but it appears that each Boomer/Sharon model considers each Boomer has it's own unique experiences, while much is shared, each model is considered different and whatever blame or praise is placed solely on that particular unit.

second, does anyone remember when the real woman who looked like six showed up on galactica, was she actually a cylon or not, they didnt really explain it much, also, is there a real person the human cylons are based on, maybe galactica sharon is actually real and lastly, why did sharon shoot adama, we've been led to believe she was a sleeper cylon, was she activated, is she still activated or does she really not remember shooting adama. i dont know if anyone else has thought of these things or if im just nitpicking but i could use some help, thanks.
    RDM stated that there were "no original or real human beings/templates used" and all the Cylon human models are unique designs. With the speed "6" showed in the museum (Episode 201: "Scattered"), it wouldn't be too hard for her to disappear after turning the corner while being followed. Many suspect that "6" model is either still on the Galactica or somehow escaped into the RTF.

As far as Sharon/Boomer, she apparently was a sleeper Cylon agent that can be programmed and/or reprogrammed to perform specific tasks when activated and retain no knowledge of that programming or whatever tasks that were performed. If the tasks are done without witnesses or security cameras, that model can be used over and over again and could withstand any interrogation or lie detector tests because that sleeper agent honestly doesn't know what it did.

That being said, the Boomer model has shown to be manipulative and on occasion, fights to override her programming. Some felt the bomb in the Raptor (Water episode) was an example of her fighting her programming while others speculate that the Galactica Boomer planted the bomb to destroy herself before she could hurt more humans that she became attached to. Currently, there's no evidence that Boomer/C-Sharon has entirely thrown in with the humans, but is more concerned with self preservation of herself and her baby. Like Baltar, Sharon only shares/accesses information and helps if there is some benefit to her and/or her baby. There have been questions on how C-Sharon can access the Cylon database without being detected or traced...anonymous ip?...lol.

One wonders why Sharon's baby is so important to the Cylons, other than the basic notion of reproduction without a manufacturing facility and meeting one of "their God's" conditions/goals. Perhaps Sharon is afraid her baby will be subjected to Cylon medical examinations and tests that may eventually damage or even kill it. The Cylons pre-occupation with mimicking human reproduction is so strong that it brings up the question whether or not the Cylons have reached a biological deadend and need to breed with humans to insure their survival and create more diversity (the baby machine experiments). The Cylons must have expended the majority of their resources to develop and manufacture human cylon models in quantity. 12 Cylon models is too small of a pool for a successful species, especially when they currently can't breed with each other. Suppose we will have to wait and see what happens.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

ok, i love battlestar galactica but there are a couple of questions stuck in the back of my mind that are bothering me and interfering with my enjoyment of the show, mostly to do with the cylons. firstly do each of the the human model cylons, ie; all of the six's, have some kind of shared conciousness/memory, it would seem not but i remember seeing number six on caprica talking to the reporter cylon guy about love and she looked sad, it seemed to me like she was thinking of baltar, second, does anyone remember when the real woman who looked like six showed up on galactica, was she actually a cylon or not, they didnt really explain it much, also, is there a real person the human cylons are based on, maybe galactica sharon is actually real and lastly, why did sharon shoot adama, we've been led to believe she was a sleeper cylon, was she activated, is she still activated or does she really not remember shooting adama. i dont know if anyone else has thought of these things or if im just nitpicking but i could use some help, thanks.
      Well, it´s a bit difficult to say. Sharon has been mentioned as a "weak model" before, by the cylons themselves. Caprica-Sharon was to seduce Helo to get pregnant. She didn´t have to fall for him or help him out of Caprica. I guess the same principle may be applied to Galactica-Sharon. Sleeper agents have been programmed to feel human and "to be" human. I think the more human a cylon is the more human it wants to be. Six proclaims his love for Gaius. We don´t know whethere the cylons create themselves or if they copy real human beings...but I think they are trying to be human but it´s obvious the think the humans don´t deserve to be saved. We are our worst enemies, why do we deserve to live?

I have another question....I don´t know if you are into spoilers or not but....if Prez Roslin is to survive the cancer due to Sharon´s baby, how will this affect to her attittude towards the cylons? She´s been the toughest one with the cylons (Lee wanted to kill Sharon, but this WAS personal. Kara prayed for Leoben....Adama cried for Sharon Valerii...or for himself)

Comment

Working...
      X