Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Speculation thread (Spoilers for New Doctor Who)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood Speculation thread (Spoilers for New Doctor Who)

We now know a little more about this, they are an organisation that collects fallen alien technology and MacGyvers it into new technology for Earth. The first mentioning of Torchwood was in "Bad Wolf", it was part of a question that was something like "What now stands on the site of the former Torchwood building" suggesting it went public at some point, but in "The Christmas Invasion" even the United Nations was not aware of it.

The series, which will show on BBC3 in the Autumn of 2006 will star John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness, who was last seen in "The Parting of The Ways" having been revived from his death while defending the Bad Wolf station from a Dalek attack in the year 200,100 (or at some time near there). It has been stated that there will be no explanation as to how Jack got back to the 21st century, however it was also stated that the Captain would return to Doctor Who in series 3/29. This may be no longer relevant as this may have been before any Torchwood work began, or it could be that he will be picked up by the Doctor in a later episode, and he will eventually stay behind on Earth to work with Torchwood
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Hey Ptah you forgot a bou7t their
    Spoiler:
    Big honking spacegun
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Any thoughts on plots?
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

They sound a lot like the SGC- gathering alien tech and using to to improve Earth's tech & defences.
        I've been wondering whether Harriet fired at the ship to test out the new weapon.

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
          They sound a lot like the SGC- gathering alien tech and using to to improve Earth's tech & defences.
          I've been wondering whether Harriet fired at the ship to test out the new weapon.
          Im thinking more NID, they hardly go for the diplomatic approach, hence the laser. And Im not sure that Harriet knew what the weapon was, just that Torchwood existed and that they had powerful technology. Should be interesting to see how Jack reacts to their approach, having traveled with the Doctor
          Last edited by The Signal; 27 December 2005, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            Im thinking more NID, they hardly go for the diplomatic approach, hence the laser. And Im not sure that Harriet knew what the weapon was, just that Torchwood existed and that they had powerful technology. Should be interesting to see how Jack reacts to their approach, having traveled with the Doctor
            No she said
            Spoiler:
            they recovered it (Alien tech) ten years ago so she must have known what it was and her "right-hand-man" was talking to Torchwood (they are ready now) when he told them to use it.

Hmm, I have not idea as to plots but I want lots of Capt Jack, I hope they keep his sexual ambiguity in the show *not really ambiguous* it is refreshing to see a character that isn't hung up on sex/sexuality but who isn't Kirking!

Comment

I've said this on another tread but IMHO I think Capt Jack is on the ship that crashed 10 years earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                I've said this on another tread but IMHO I think Capt Jack is on the ship that crashed 10 years earlier
                Yes but that would make him ten years older wouldn't it?

I don't think they will explain it or maybe he got a lift from some other Alien with timetravel abilities lord knows there are a lot of them about.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how he does get back and keep his youthful appearence

Comment

*mahusive bump*Okay,from what I have heard from Russell on the latest DW confidential (the one for the new season), Captain Jack has found a way back to 2006 and went to Cardiff as it is the place that the Doctor is most likely to go to (the rift) and it is from there that he gets involved with Torchwood, so it looks like he might not have been on that ship that crashed afterall

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                      No she said
                      Spoiler:
                      they recovered it (Alien tech) ten years ago so she must have known what it was and her "right-hand-man" was talking to Torchwood (they are ready now) when he told them to use it.

Hmm, I have not idea as to plots but I want lots of Capt Jack, I hope they keep his sexual ambiguity in the show *not really ambiguous* it is refreshing to see a character that isn't hung up on sex/sexuality but who isn't Kirking!
                      I'd watch it for homoeroticism alone!

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                        *mahusive bump*Okay,from what I have heard from Russell on the latest DW confidential (the one for the new season), Captain Jack has found a way back to 2006 and went to Cardiff as it is the place that the Doctor is most likely to go to (the rift) and it is from there that he gets involved with Torchwood, so it looks like he might not have been on that ship that crashed afterall
                        Well I didn't think that made sense as he would be older and no-one wants that. Maybe the rift has something to do with it? Aw, are they screening the Confidential things again? Where?
                        Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                        I'd watch it for homoeroticism alone!
                        Haha, I trust Russell to do the right thing and if that means more naked Capt Jack and *cough* then so be it! Hey I can hope.

Comment

Well I didn't think that made sense as he would be older and no-one wants that. Maybe the rift has something to do with it? Aw, are they screening the Confidential things again? Where?
                          Haha, I trust Russell to do the right thing and if that means more naked Capt Jack and *cough* then so be it! Hey I can hope.
                          More naked Capt Jack?

I'm in Ameica so we are now just viewing the episodes... The episode of this coming week is Dalek, which I am looking forward to.

I just happen to read spoilers and find out all the info on the latest of Doctor Who because I have seen Doctor Who since I was a child. The old Tom Baker episodes.

Yes, Capt Jack is hot... and yes, the 10th Doctor is too... Now there is some slash I can handle!

Mattathias

Comment

Maybe the rift has something to do with it? Aw, are they screening the Confidential things again? Where?
                            Perhaps they left the extraporlater (sp) lying around and he rode that home. As for the confidential, it was on on sunday, dunno if it will repeat though

Comment

When doe's Torchwood start by the way? Ive been a little behind on any news relateing to this spin-off.
                              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                              X