Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Christmas Invasion (Post-viewing thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, by the way, a second christmas special has been commisioned. all fear the all powerful satsuma !
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
      Hi Angie, how's Pompey this evening, bloody cold in Gosport
      Frelling cold!!! Have taken to wearing socks in bed! Not very glamerous but my toes are greatful!! And that's with double glazing and central heating! Brrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
        Hey Reefgirl , IM in Pompey and its freezing too.

Yey another Pompey person!

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          lol, by the way, a second christmas special has been commisioned. all fear the all powerful satsuma !
          Fantastic!!

BTW did anyone see John Barrowman on Richard ad Judy tonight? He was talking a little about Torchwood. Sweetish he said was when they offered him the spin off and as much as he was honoured he as "but does that mean I'm not in Doctor Who anymore?" and was relieved when they said he was still in that too. I love his priorities!

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
            Fantastic!!

BTW did anyone see John Barrowman on Richard ad Judy tonight? He was talking a little about Torchwood. Sweetish he said was when they offered him the spin off and as much as he was honoured he as "but does that mean I'm not in Doctor Who anymore?" and was relieved when they said he was still in that too. I love his priorities!
            Yay more Captain Jack a 51st Century Guy with the best priorities in the universe.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

What? Ok I have one problem wth that, I missed a talk with a memeber of Doctor Who's cast? I will never forgive myself
              And yay for that, number one, yay for him wanting to do Doctor Who, and yay for them telling him he is! Does this mean he will do one series of Torchwood only then? I cant see any actor managing Doctor Who and another show at the same time, not after hearing about the demanding schedule of the show Oh well, he has great on screen chemistry with Billie, and did with Chris, just hope he does with David as well
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

erhaps he wil be an irregular guest in the series or come on crossover specials between both Doctor Who and Torchwood.

Comment

lol he was always irregular! Oh, you mean not always in the series? I doubt they will cross over as Torchwood is more adult than Doctor Who and the character may not be able to fit into both shows without altering his personality in each crossover

Comment

Yes but it is still the sam character though.

Comment

What a fab episode! Never seen the original series but something kept drawing me to the new series and I love it to bits. thought I'd not like DT but he proved himself and Rose was fab as ever

Comment

Hi there and welcome to the forum !!!
                        Heres a suggestion perhaps you could get around to watching the classic series while you wait for series 2 I highly recommend it.

YAY WOOOOOOOOT 1000th post. This rocks !!!!

Comment

Welcome to the only sensible forum in GW and congrats on your 1000th Posting Sam. I agree watch some classic episodes

Comment

Welcome to the only sensible forum in GW.
                            Are willing to back that statement up with some facts?
                            Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                            YAY WOOOOOOOOT 1000th post. This rocks !!!!
                            Congrats.

Comment

Welcome to the only sensible forum in GW and congrats on your 1000th Posting Sam. I agree watch some classic episodes
                              *points to Dalek thunk thread*

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Okay, now that I've FINALLY gotten around to seeing the Christmas Invasion, can I say how absolutely BRILLIANT it was? 'Cause trust me, it was!

Tennant is a fabulous addition to the cast. I'd been a bit skeptical (as someone said, Eccleston is a tough act to follow), but that was all put to rest as soon as the Doc came staggering out of the TARDIS to say "Merry Christmas" to Mickey and Mum and then promptly keeling over.

The new Doctor takes his "no second chances" thing very seriously, doesn't he? Six words and the new PM is on her way out.

As for whether or not it was the right decision, I tend to side with the Doctor. The Enemy was defeated in fair combat, offered no resistance and was leaving peacefully when they were more or less shot in the back. And let's keep in mind that according to the Doctor, the whole blood control thing wouldn't have gone much further than it did because the survival instinct is too strong. I interpret that to mean that all those people on the rooftops would NOT have jumped. Bit of an elaborate bluff? Either way, while I can understand the need to show a bit of force, I'd have been more inclined to fire a warning shot than to blow up the ship. I think Earth is in a far more dangerous position because of that decision. It might show that we're "strong", but it also shows that we are without honor. And despite Harriet Jones blowing off the US President with the comment about not wanting to start a war, I think that is precisely what she's done. It'll be interesting to see what happens as a result.

Meanwhile, the killer brass band and the Whirling Christmas Tree of Doom were both very cool, but... exactly where do they fit in to anything? Just a sleight of hand trick or will they come into play at some other point in time? I know the Doctor said they accompany sharks, but I didn't see a lot of connection between the "fish" and the Sycorax. Especially since the fish (whatever they were) were more interested in the Doctor than in the whole planet whereas the Sycorax were decidedly more interested in the planet. Ah well. A few niggly inconsistencies (or threads to be picked up later), but still loved the ep.

Liked the Torchwood references and I'm more curious than ever to see what it's all about. Agree on the likelihood that Capt. Jack was on the ship that crashed ten years ago, but assuming the series it to be set in "current" times, that'd make Jack ten years older, wouldn't it? Or is he ageless? Should probably find a Torchwood thread for that.

I missed the Arthur Dent bit, when was that? I DID catch the Lion King thing and it made me laugh. Probably because it took me a minute to place it. lol. Plus, I do that kind of thing all the time- start to quote something and then say, "Oops, wrong movie."

Can't wait for series 2!

Comment

Working...
                                X