Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Christmas Invasion (Post-viewing thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Christmas Invasion (Post-viewing thread)

WOW that was the best of the new series yet. Loving DT's doctor, eccentric energetic, im gonna love this. Laughed all the way through, "Thats the Lion King" lol! And a nice homage to CE "Fantastic". All in all, the best episode of who yet abd cabt wait till Spring, the teaser was lookin great too! "K9!!" and tge face of Bo in there to
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

I liked him as the doctor I'm surprised to admit, the overall episode was good.

Comment

I loved the references to Torchwood. They're really teasing us now! Harriet Jones was brilliant. The whole episode was well done - not overly cheesy as I'd feared.

Comment

I loved it, I'm surprised at how much DT has impressed me. The whole episode was just awesome....and the preview for S2/28 has just left me feeling mega-excited and mega-impatient.

Comment

lol "6 words" lol. I was so surprised at Harriet's choice, we need a new PM now! And as for the Torchwood thing, EVIL PEOPLE, stop toyingwith us! Cant wait for the new series after that teaser, this is gonna kill me, i mean, it actually looks better than S1 how great is that!
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Pure concentrated awesome. Now bring on the cybermen

Comment

I loved the episode! DT's impression of the bad guys cracked me up so bad! He's a great actor and I cant wait to see more of him.
              Harriet Jones' decision suprised me though, that was massacre! Loved the weapon though

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

i was really worried this one off episode was going to be crap with killer xmas decorations but the whole thing was really good, i must admit though the seconf half hour was better with the bad guys and their spaceship, the show is really imaginative and the kinda twist at the end was cool, the so called good guys turning slightly dark gave the series a nice twist as its not just black and white we now get shades of grey in there.
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

i was really worried this one off episode was going to be crap with killer xmas decorations but the whole thing was really good, i must admit though the seconf half hour was better with the bad guys and their spaceship, the show is really imaginative and the kinda twist at the end was cool, the so called good guys turning slightly dark gave the series a nice twist as its not just black and white we now get shades of grey in there.
                  For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

^ Yo uh you got a double post !!!!!!!!

That was a fantastic episode and that teaser at the end leaves you craving for more. I wonder if DT will trademark tea like Tom Baker trademarked Jellybabies?
                    But still it was so great with the Sycorax and the many thnigs. From the looks of 'Tourchwood' I think it is going to be an evil conspiracy and the effects were brill. 111/10 Killer Episode and the best yet plus from the looks of things better is just around the corner....
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

This ep was great

Comment

Awesome episode - DT proved himself. Cant wait for the series and K-9

Comment

OK...interesting one.

1. First impression of Tennant-Doctor. Pretty solid work, definately different but still feels like the guy I got to know last year, this guy's the Doctor, I'm happy with him, though it's too early to say how he matches up to Ecclestone-Doctor.

2. What I didn't expect was such a big clash between the Doctor and the Torchwood philosophy. Thing is though, with all due respect to the Doctor, Harriet Jones is right, in a reality and era where there are so many threats to it, Earth can't afford to have to rely on a space-time travelling alien to protect it. It's far better if we can cover our own backside. What I'm prepared to agree with him on is that Jones got a bit paranoid concerning the Sygorax retreat.

3. When does Torchwood start up?

4. Cute line from my nephew when he saw the preview of the Cybermen. "They're from the old ones - yay"
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                            ^ Yo uh you got a double post !!!!!!!!

That was a fantastic episode and that teaser at the end leaves you craving for more. I wonder if DT will trademark tea like Tom Baker trademarked Jellybabies?
                            But still it was so great with the Sycorax and the many thnigs. From the looks of 'Tourchwood' I think it is going to be an evil conspiracy and the effects were brill. 111/10 Killer Episode and the best yet plus from the looks of things better is just around the corner....
                            yep id did get a double post by the looks of things, because the site or forum went down on me and i just came back to see that my post was so good they decided to post it twice aint that cool ha ha !!!!!

Comment

Torchwood starts in the Autumn i think

Comment

Working...
                              X