This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icemancmd
    how the HECK could you possibly remember that?!!? Some sort of new technology?
    I am a geeneeass. Either that, or I spent waaaay too many hours listening to and picking apart orchestral works in skewl. I guess I have an ear for it? Anyhow, while I was vacuuming, I pulled out The Light episode on DVD and confirmed it. It isn't an exact copy, but the theme is very similar.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

at the beggining of the show, with the theme song playing adn the helicopter...it felt more like a movie to me and i thought that was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by keels
        at the beggining of the show, with the theme song playing adn the helicopter...it felt more like a movie to me and i thought that was cool.
        My thoughts exactly!!!

Comment

I kinda like the new theme. Perhaps it will fit better when they put up the actual opening sequence. I did like it with the helicopter though, it was like a movie opening.
          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Revan
            it goes bum bum bum bum bum bum dadadadam
            I would say more bum bum bum buuuuuuum da da da dum bum bum buuum buuum daaaaaaaaaaaaaa da da daaaa da da daaaaaaaa
            lol
            Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
            O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

Yes, sierras is much more alike

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

i don't know why but i have a strange block with the atlantis tune. i find myself humming the chanty bit, randomly, but i can't remember the rest!! Weirdly though, whenever the episode starts i find myself able to hum the tune roughly 2mins before the title start. it's annoying because i like the tune a lot...
                ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
                  I would like to know what the theme tune is like. Does it keep the original Stargate melody?
                  Please describe it to me. Better still, you could post a link to where I might download it.
                  Here you go: Stargate Atlantis Opening Theme and Stargate Atlantis Closing Theme ....Enjoy!!!
                  Last edited by puddlejumper747; 10 December 2004, 04:21 PM.
                  There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Wow...you should the page of scribbles I have in front of me now... As soon as i listened to those links I grabbed the first writing implement to hand(dark green crayon if you were wondering) and now I have a these sections of the tune written out in my semi-musical manuscript (musical notes for length plus arrows and lines to show pitch). At least I'll be able to remember the tune now! If any of the neighbours were looking out the window they'd have seen me waving my arms around madly, fumbling with the computer mouse and green crayons... Yes I am mad. Plus I love music and have A LOT of time on my hands!
                    ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

Comment

Oh, thank you for the links puddlejumper!

Comment

Those theme tunes are execellent. I've even downloaded them to my computer.
                        __

__

Comment

I have the theme as my windows theme now. its uber nice to listen to when i start my computer, and as i shut my computer down and restart it once every two weeks, i dont ware it out... *lol*

As i have it on my computer, i could give it to you,
                          just email me at

[email protected]
                          and in the title write "atlantis theme" so i wont delete it. ^_^

Comment

http://www.stargate-atlantis.freeserve.co.uk/

download them from here

Comment

I made a quick video snippet of the Intro sequence a couple months ago. It's been at the top of my playlist since then. (I've been trying to grind it into my brain like I did for the SG-1 intro, lol.) I wouldn't see this if you haven't seen the show as it contains spoilers for "Rising".

If you want it, you can get it here: SGA Intro

(Boy, I wish I had some more space so I could upload my Atlantis music videos)

Comment

I really dig this theme. MUCH better than SG-1's...though I think they should've kept the choir vocals right until the end. I don't really like how they just stop after a short while. Other than that, A++

Comment

Working...
                                X