Skin of Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skin of Evil

This eposide of TNG is highly underrated. Armus is such an interesting character. I have always wanted to know who left him on the planet. Was it such creatures as Ardra, the Devil, and Fek'lhr? Demons who went to other planets to spread their evil?

What do you think.

I don't think so.

I think, actually, the bigger question is:

Was the population that left him behind also big blobberous inky liquidic creatures who popped up out of pools of blob and somehow created spaceships....

OR

Were they regular humanoids, and, since Armus says he "IS" evil, is he just somehow a physical manifested remnant of the evil that was left behind when they departed the planet?

I was also watching it today. What amazes me the most about the first season of TNG is the terrible sets used for planetary away missions. Its just rocks against a different colored screen in the back. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
      I don't think so.

I think, actually, the bigger question is:

Was the population that left him behind also big blobberous inky liquidic creatures who popped up out of pools of blob and somehow created spaceships....

OR

Were they regular humanoids, and, since Armus says he "IS" evil, is he just somehow a physical manifested remnant of the evil that was left behind when they departed the planet?

I was also watching it today. What amazes me the most about the first season of TNG is the terrible sets used for planetary away missions. Its just rocks against a different colored screen in the back. LoL
      He really does contradicts himself, doesn't he?

I tend to believe more what Armus said to Troy than Picard, because Troy would have called him a lier. However I think he was talking metaphorically. Armus says (and I not sure of his extact words) "they grew a Second Skin". I am thinking that he (as the First Skin) help them along and made what they are. They may have created a Second Skin without his knowledge and this allowed them to evolved further than Armus had wanted, and left him behind. I also believe these creatures are immortal. He also said, "whose beauty dazzled all who looked upon them" and to Armus, creaters such as Ardra, the Devil, and Fek'lhr may look beautiful to him.

Comment

I just saw that episode on Spike a few days ago.

When I first saw that episode when it was originally aired, is when I became a huge fan of the series. I had watched it up until that episode but had'nt really gotten into just yet. I was devastated when they killed off Tasha Yar, although it sure brought Worf to the forefront of the series with him becoming chief of security. Deanna Troi really shined in that episode when she got into the 'skin of evil's' mind. It was interesting watching the way Data reacted to the funeral and the personal message Tasha left for him. That was a great episode!.
        Last edited by the Fifth Race; 23 December 2005, 06:02 AM.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Yup, you got it
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
            Yup, you got it
            I'm awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
              They may have created a Second Skin without his knowledge and this allowed them to evolved further than Armus had wanted, and left him behind. I also believe these creatures are immortal. He also said, "whose beauty dazzled all who looked upon them" and to Armus, creaters such as Ardra, the Devil, and Fek'lhr may look beautiful to him.
              I really think you're reaching here. No offense.

Not to toot my own horn, though it does make a funny sound, I think what I said is the most likely. You're drawing connections between episodes that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
              Ardra wasn't a Goddess remember, she was some lady with technology that let her pose as one. Picard put a stop to that.

And if Armus really is just a physical manifestation of the evil and bad deeds left behind by the original inhabitants, when talking about beauty, he's just referring to the people, and how they evolved to be peaceful, which is the exact opposite of him.

Comment

Ardra wasn't a Goddess remember, she was some lady with technology that let her pose as one. Picard put a stop to that.

And if Armus really is just a physical manifestation of the evil and bad deeds left behind by the original inhabitants, when talking about beauty, he's just referring to the people, and how they evolved to be peaceful, which is the exact opposite of him.
                Ah, but Ardra was a real goddess on Ventax II. She was impersonated by an interstellar con-artist true, but that doesn't mean she wasn't real.

If you read what I said, I wasn't trying to draw connections, but I was making examples. I still think Armus lied to Picard and a still can't figure out why. Maybe he was telling half-truths and talking metaphorically, and the real truth lies somewhere in-between. I would love to hear from a TNG writer about what or who they were trying to get across with Armus.

Comment

Working...
                X