This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

No spoilers for episodes not shown in US Syndication, an example of a spoiler is Divide and Conquer. A screen cap of Sam or Jack in the chair isn't a spoiler, but Sam cradling Martouf's body, that's a spoiler since it gives away a major plot point.
    Does the same apply for "other shows" currently airing? Or only Stargate shows?

All content, both pictures and text cannot take up more than 200 pixels tall by 700 pixels wide (which is approximately 2.75 inches x 9.75 inches, or 7cm x 24.5 cm)

All graphics must not be of a file size larger than 50K, be they jpeg, gif, png or any other extension
    right click on them if there bigger then 700X200 50KB then their against the rules,.
    Okay, if our sigs can be 700X200 50KB then why does it say different in our edit sig section?

700X180 53.7KB... I'm so confused! I have been making my sigs according to this for the longest time and now I'm learning that my sigs could have been bigger (with the KB's smaller - why do we have to lose KB's for a bigger sig?)? That whole "whichever is smaller" bit confuses me too. What does that even mean? The smaller the sig the bigger the KB's? The smaller the KB's the bigger the sig? What?

Can someone explain this to me PLEASE?

I apologize for being so dense about this. I'd really like to be clear as crystal about this for future sigs that I make. And I make a lot (of sigs).
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Spoilers for other shows need spoiler tags too unless they're in an official Ep thread for the ep,or the thread you post to is tagged as a "Spoiler" thread.

General rule of thumb : tag any spoilers and outside the tag ,state which ep you're spoiling.

Re the sig sizes :
      Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      That 53.7 KB message is part of vBB's auto-blurb .Darren set the limit as 50KB...so 50 it is .

( Plus the other sig rules in post 1)
      ^ That 50KB includes ALL Images,smilicons,text etc .
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Spoilers for other shows need spoiler tags too unless they're in an official Ep thread for the ep,or the thread you post to is tagged as a "Spoiler" thread.

General rule of thumb : tag any spoilers and outside the tag ,state which ep you're spoiling.
        I meant in sigs... I know about spoiler tags for posting in threads... Waddaya take me for? A n00b?

Re the sig sizes :

^ That 50KB includes ALL Images,smilicons,text etc .
        Alright, that's not really the explanation I was hoping for, but, oh well. I still need to know why the sig size in the sig thread state 700X200px when the edit sig thing says 700X180px... and the whole whichever is smaller thing...still lost to me... sigh.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

I think it was a programming thing...if you'll notice there is a hack to the software that automatically cuts a sig off at 200 pixels, even if the elements are taller (there's a few text sigs where the text vanishes because of this)

the 180 pixels is part of the programming and what it would accept...also those extra 3.7K....won't make much of a difference in the quality of your image.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't presuming anything actually.
            Quite a few members have popped spoiler tags on signature images because they liked the sig but wanted to keep the ep spoiler-free for others' benefit till after the ep aired in their countries.

As to the sig sizes ,we go by the rule combination 700x 200 ,50KB total ( as described) and if a sig rotator host is being used ,then those limits cover all the sigs in the rotator.

I suspect the "Edit sig" blurb is a vBB template like the 53.7 one.

Template issues aren't something we can do anything about till Darren re-customises them.

Comment

I agree that the "whichever is smaller" phrase is confusing, but what it basically means is that if your sig is 600*150 but 60 KB it's too big. Or conversely a 700*250 but 45 KB it's still too big.

What really throws me is that photoshop can claim a sig is 48 KB but when I upload it, it's suddenly a bit over 50 KB and I have to start over... Something about whether a KB is 1000 or 1024 bytes, I expect.
              sigpic

Comment

New Signature Hosting policy imminent.
                Please see the Global Forum Announcement and this thread : Change to the hosting of sigs for fuller details .

A new "Signature rules/Advice & Help" Thread will be created shortly.

Bagpuss
                Administrator/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X