Aussie Browncoat News - Serenity DVD packaging confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie Browncoat News - Serenity DVD packaging confirmed

For those of you who don't frequent the Aussie Browncoat board, Universal recently posted this:

Originally posted by Universal Pictures
    Dear Browncoats,

We are happy to present the final artwork for the Australian Serenity DVD:

Serenity DVD cover - Dialup users be warned!

With regard to the rating, we have some good news and bad news. The BAD NEWS is that the rating will not be a sticker and will therefore be permanent. The GOOD NEWS is the we have decided to print the sleeve double-sided. The inside of the sleeve will be exactly the same as the outside but with the rating removed from the front, spine and back. This means that when you get it home, all you have to do is pull the sleeve out, turn it over, pop it back in to the amaray and voila, you have one Serenity DVD sleeve with no visible rating! We hope this solution works for you guys.

As previously mentioned, there will also be a couple of exclusive packaging options/gifts with purchase. We can confirm that:

1. If you buy Serenity on DVD at JB H-Fi, you will receive (over the counter) an exclusive Slip Case/O-Ring that carries Joss Whedon's signature (these are not individually signed but the signature is part of the artwork). The O-Ring itself will have a mat finish and parts will have spot gloss and embossing so it will look fantastic!

2. If you buy Serenity on DVD at EzyDVD, you will receive (over the counter) an exclusive Tin Case. These have been produced by EzyDVD with artwork that we have provided and that artwork will be slightly different to that above so that it is exclusive.

3. Not a packaging option, but if you buy Serenity on DVD at Sanity, you will receive an exclusive Serenity Mouse Mat for FREE!

Both of the exclusive packaging options and the mouse mat will be limited in numbers. Next week we will be in a position to let you know the exact quantities that will be available and we will also be able to share the final artwork with you.

Stay tuned for further updates!
    All I can say is this: Shi-freakin'-ny!

The JBHiFi slipcase

The EzyDVD metal tin
    Last edited by White Knight; 21 December 2005, 03:43 PM.

In the wise, and methodical words of Mr Burns.

"Excellent...."

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

wow river looks wicked hot.

not sure if i like that of the US coverart better.
      i don't think the US release is a double disc though...

Comment

Ooooo, nice Is there a release date yet?

Comment

Wow...that cover looks hot damn.....is the Aussy one the only 2 disc version?
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The first page has been updated with pics of the slipcase and the tin.

In the wise, and methodical words of Mr Burns.

"Excellent...."
            Wise indeed.

not sure if i like that of the US coverart better.
            i don't think the US release is a double disc though...
            The R1 release is only one disc. And in my opinion, the R1 cover looks ****e (since when did Serenity have laseres? And where did that crowd come from?)

Is there a release date yet?
            Yes: February 8th.

is the Aussy one the only 2 disc version?
            Its going out to the whole of Region 4, which is Australia and New Zealand, Mexico, the Carribean and South America. I think that R4 is the only 2 disc version. I also think that the reason R4 has all the extra stuff is 'cause South America did not get to see Serenity in theatres; they're waiting for the DVD.
            Last edited by White Knight; 20 December 2005, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Gorram it, I'm gonna end up ordering this instead of R2...love the tin.
              sigpic

Comment

Love the design and layout....wish I could get a copy like that.
                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                Pay it forward

Comment

well i think im getting the tin lol what are you other people getting?

Comment

The R1 release is only one disc. And in my opinion, the R1 cover looks ****e (since when did Serenity have laseres? And where did that crowd come from?)
                    Gonna have to agree, that looks much better than the R1 releases cover and I was thinking the same thing about the crowd on the R1 cover.

Comment

Originally posted by trentk_3888
                      well i think im getting the tin lol what are you other people getting?
                      I'm buying the tin and the slipcase. I'm very broke.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                        I'm buying the tin and the slipcase. I'm very broke.
                        lol why both?

Comment

Originally posted by trentk_3888
                          lol why both?
                          'Cause I want to make money for a sequel. Plus, I couldn't decide between the tin and the slipcase.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                            'Cause I want to make money for a sequel. Plus, I couldn't decide between the tin and the slipcase.
                            lol fair enough

Comment

He's a smart FF/Serenity fan. Help Joss out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X