No announcement yet.

The Tower (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was probably unfinished because of the war with the Wraith.

Comment

Bad, Bad, Bad!!!1 Probably the worst SGA episode ever. M&M must have just sat down and gone through their "book of cliches". All the guest characters were just cliched caricatures- Arrogent king figure- check, scheming would-be heir-check, wimpy, girly princess-check, good guy who turns out to be the villian-check, scared medieval villagers-check, bullying palace guards-check.....I could go on. Bad, lazy cliched writing, lazy and totally non-original costume design, even MacKay was a caricature of himself, even more arrogent, nasty and rude than usual. Not to mention Shep as Kirk......I feel almost insulted that they actually let this rubbish be screened. They can do so much better but this is just a total waste of space on my HD, I think I'll just wipe it.

Comment

This is aired in Canada and people in lodon are watching it........
        I loved it as i do with most stargate episodes.

Comment

sounds like a good episode can't wait to watch it.

i like the fact that the team will be getting some more puddlejumpers to fill up the empty spaces in atlantis

Comment

That was just downright awful. There have been a few episodes in this half of the season that I've quite enjoyed watching, but this was simply a painful experience.

The acting was poor all-around (David Hewlett not withstanding), the plot unoriginal, predictable and uninteresting. The existence of a second Atlantis-like spaceship/city could have made for a very interesting story, but it was all wasted. We basically have a stand-alone episode that provides Atlantis with a few more drones and jumpers but doesn't explain the second city at all. It's possible we'll come back to this storyline later, but I'm not holding my breath.

At least Sheppard got some. AGAIN!
            "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
            "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

of course the only reason for this episode to exist is because of the constant blowing up of puddle jumpers, and the fact that atlantis will need drones for one future episode (or maybe the puddle jumpers will need drones, and if they had had drones we would have gone "wait a sec, if the puddle jumpers had their own seperate supply of drones, whey didn't they transfer the drones to the city in The Seige?).

Anyway, just a filler/resupply episode. The single interesting moment was when Ronan killed and injured those guards. I don't like Ronan in general, but that was neat.

Comment

the episode was written by paul mullie in one or two days, Joe once mentionned it in his blog

ep wasn't as bad as expected, not that is was great, it was ok, I think

Comment

it was an ok ep Ronon was cool and we found out that Shep might as well be half acient an since he was practicly a Wraith hes part humen wriath and Acniet
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, my two main thoughts on this episode:

1) John, you just got laid two or three eps ago; you can't be that desperate. We needed to see him put her back in her robe and pack her back to her room, because the "you find my genes sexy, that's nice, buh-bye now" scene could have been really funny.

*Corollary to thought 1: Can someone besides John get some for once? Teyla's been trading in this galaxy for years; why can't she have an off-world booty call?

2) Obviously someone has not been paying attention to the first rule of royal intrigue: Never trust the loyal advisor/councillor(sp?)/grand vizier. It's just a bad idea. C'mon John, you've seen Aladdin; you know how it goes down (yeah, Otho was giving off some Jafar vibes there).

Okay, that's done.

All in all, kind of a meh episode. I didn't hate it and I wasn't praying for it to end, but nothing in it really grabbed me; this isn't really one that I'll be compelled to re-watch.

Ronon fight scene: Jason Momoa gave good fight intensity there. I kind of wanted to see Teyla take the fight, because when the guards are picking on a woman, I want to see a woman beat them into the ground; but it was more in character for Ronon to do it.

I really would have rather seen John act professional and suspicious than fall for the "pretty girl = good guy" thing. Oh well, in a couple of episodes maybe I'll have bad-a** John again.
                    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                    Spoiler:
                    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Add me to the "I hated it" list. I just got really, really bored. Farscape used an incredibly similar plot in "Look at the Princess" (hero gets dragged into a marriage because he's the only one genetically compatible and can prevent the evil brother from taking over) and they did it a lot better. I don't often watch an Atlantis episode and get bored, but this one did it to me. Especially on the heels of great episodes over the last few weeks, this one just looks that much more sub-par. And yes, the Sheph0r plot is getting really old, really fast. Hell, it was old by the end of Sanctuary. At least Epiphany had really good elements to balance it out.

I think the two highlights for me were:
                      -"Sorry, wee man." Ooooooh! Burned by Carson!!
                      -The balcony scene at the end. Cute, and I like that we've got a new source of drones and jumpers now. And it's been awhile since we've had a good balcony scene between the two of them!
                      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                        "Sorry, wee man." Ooooooh! Burned by Carson!!

That reminds me. At that point it's already been established that the son didn't murder the father. So why leave him locked in a cell in a building that is known to be structurally unsound? Is it just because he's an unknown variable and can't be trusted? Or did they just leave him in there because he's a jerk? 'Cause from all other behaviour in the ep, I'm leaning towards the latter.
                        They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                        Spoiler:
                        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                          That reminds me. At that point it's already been established that the son didn't murder the father. So why leave him locked in a cell in a building that is known to be structurally unsound? Is it just because he's an unknown variable and can't be trusted? Or did they just leave him in there because he's a jerk? 'Cause from all other behaviour in the ep, I'm leaning towards the latter.
                          I'd have to go back and rewatch, but from the impression I got, Tavius was still in on the plan to take over. I don't know that he neccessarily wanted to kill his father, but I think he was still in on a plan for a coup, and that's why Carson left him there. Either that or he did it just to keep him out of the way.
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

What I really dont understand is why they keep doing the psycho edits in the second half of the season.

I mean this is another one of those episodes where your (kind of) in the middle of the story then ---> BAM! We fixed the problem! Episode over you can all go home now.

They basically keep trying to fit 2+ plots into a single episode.

So with this episode the plots were as follows:
                            1) John in the tower with Hottie err princess
                            2) Mckay in the city with his little villager friend
                            3) Ronon and Teyla and their fighting side show in the village

None of the plots we're fully realized though. We find out NOTHING about the city - not even the name. The village scenes with the alien twins (aka Ronon and teyla) seem nothing more than a way to include them in the episode.

I have to say I agree with many others this was definitely a really weak episode. While its has its moments, it is definitely up there with childhoods end and ephinany as one of the worst episodes so far.

<sigh>

No more lantis for Canadians until January 2nd. Luckily this looks to be one of the good ones - The long goodbye...

In Canada we are definitely in the home stretch though - all the remaining episodes look to be the "lets wow them for next year" ones so they should all be good.

Comment

So... The rest of the season is gonna be Teyla-lite, Weir-lite and Ronon-lite, eh?

Fantastic.

Love Shep, love McKay... But this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Comment

So... The rest of the season is gonna be Teyla-lite, Weir-lite and Ronon-lite, eh?

Fantastic.

Love Shep, love McKay... But this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X