This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cult of the Ori?

I was thinking, what if an SG team went to another planet that had a Prior there, and came back with one of the team members secretly converted? I mean, as Mitchel said, we have to fight the message as well.

So, what if this happened, and that guy quit the airforce and goes on to make a Cult of the Ori on Earth? Do you think this could happen?

And more importantly, do you think it might make for good stories?

it would be cool, but i don't really like the earth based eps. As a backstory sure, I don't mind SGC eps and still happily watch Earth eps but love offworld eps

Comment

it would be cool, but i don't really like the earth based eps. As a backstory sure, I don't mind SGC eps and still happily watch Earth eps but love offworld eps

Comment

QUESTION: What prevents a Prior from teleporting his presence upon Earth and starting his cult himself?

ANSWER: Nothing.

Comment

Teleporting?

Prior needs the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
            Teleporting?

Prior needs the Stargate.
            That's sure what I thought. Or a ship.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
              QUESTION: What prevents a Prior from teleporting his presence upon Earth and starting his cult himself?

ANSWER: Nothing.
              Distance?

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Teleporting is beyond the advanced human capabilities given by a highly evolved human body.
                Thus the prior would require the Ori to do the dirty work for him -> hence the wrath of "the Others"

But it would be a very good development to have an SG Team harbouring an Ori follower.

which makes me think: SG members are recruited for both their physical and mental endurance, surely they can't be converted just by the words of the Origin -> it would require something stronger.
                It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

wrath of the other??? they cant do squat! this is an army of fully ascended and fully empwered being, this isnt anubis or a rogue daniel this is IT. this is the one being that could destroy them, if they intervene to help earth then they could be starting a war they may not win.
                  nothing is goign to stop thew orii, were screwed !
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    wrath of the other??? they cant do squat! this is an army of fully ascended and fully empwered being, this isnt anubis or a rogue daniel this is IT. this is the one being that could destroy them, if they intervene to help earth then they could be starting a war they may not win.
                    nothing is goign to stop thew orii, were screwed !

2 Scenarios:

Others: They could be Ancients
                    If so then there would be probably be an equal number of Ori and Ancients on the same plane of excistence and then it is a dual to the..er death (ie: like you said above: we are screwed )

But if Others: Ancients + a whole load of other races
                    We have more than the Ori! surely

-----

The Ori would have done it by now if the could---- they are sill building forces and collecting believers before they can overthrow the Ancients*

(*if that is what they plan to do)

Also: Is it True that the 'Will'/'Soul'/'Belief' of their followers gives the Ori extra power? Or has this not been revealed yet?
                    Last edited by jazz!; 20 December 2005, 03:02 AM.
                    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

The cult of the Ori....it would not suprise me that there could be such a thing, after all, Seth had his own following. Although I doubt TPTB would do that given that the Ori have not really established a foothold on Earth.
                      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                      Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                      X