This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing order between SG1 S8 & SGA S1?

Out of curiosity, before I arrange one myself to use for the DVDs, based on what i recall from when the episodes originally aired, does anyone have an accurate arrangement of SG1 S8 and SGA S1 episodes as far as viewing order goes?

Obviously a lot of it happens at the same time and that New Order preceeds Rising, while Moebius is between (or, at least, should be viewing between) The Siege parts 1 & 2.

Where the rest lies though is more questionable- I don't remember if there's a reference on SG-1 to Atlantis in trouble before Moebius, but if there is then that would have to be after Letters From Pegasus, for example.

I figure someones probably already ironed one out, so no harm in asking.

There is a thread on this already!!!!!!!!

Use the search button for god's sake, whether you like it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i'm just trying to nice.
    sigpic

Comment

I did use the search feature. The search results for both "episode order" and "viewing order" did not list any apparently relevant threads on the subject. So unless you have a link...

Anyways, in the meantime I've assembled my own list, trying to reflect my understanding on the timeline, as well as trying to group things into mini-story arcs- here's what i came up with:

-New Order, followed by Rising (placement obvious)
      -Lockdown followed by Hide and Seek & Thirty Eight Minutes (since theres nice symetry with both LD and HAS dealing with black clouds ) and having a second SGA ep (a good one, IMO) gets us into that group more by spending more time with them, plus it kicks off the Wraith origin subplot)
      -Zero Hour, Icon & Avatar (no particular mini arc here, but three SG-1's in a row helps balance the next group of SGA's)
      -Suspicion, Childhood's End & Poisoning the Well (sorta a "Wraith captive" mini-arc with the, IMO, not-so-great CE in the middle)
      -Affinity, Covenant, Sacrifices & Endgame (a "Trust" mini-arc)
      -Underground, Home, The Storm & The Eye (Genii mini-arc)
      -Gemini & Prometheus Unbound (which are, I believe, loosely connected by comments of leaving on Prometheus made by Daniel)
      -The Defiant One, Hot Zone & Sanctuary (so that...)
      -It's Good To be King & Before I Sleep (...can be back to back, covering the "Ancients & time travel" mini-arc)
      -Full Alert & Citizen Joe (two SG-1s to balance the prior three SGAs)
      -The Brotherhood, Letters From Pegasus & The Gift (a "preparations for the coming Wraith attack" kind of mini-arc, which also allows...)
      -Reckoning & Threads (...to occur back-to-back-to-back)
      -The Siege, part 1 (though there's a slight conflict with them destroying one of the three hive ships after "The Ancient Times" in Threads saying there's only two, but I think it works better not to break up Reckoning and Threads.)
      -Moebius (Placed after Siege part 1 so as not to spoil the presence of the ZPM coming in soon)
      -Siege part 2 (since now we know we have a ZPM)

If anyone has any suggestions for improvement, feel free.

Comment

Don't split the Siege.

Here's what I would do for the end of the season:

Reckoning Parts 1 and 2
        Threads
        Before I Sleep
        The Brotherhood
        Letters From Pegasus
        Moebius Parts 1 and 2
        The Gift
        The Siege Parts 1 and 2

Comment

Originally posted by The2ndQuest
          -Affinity, Covenant, Sacrifices & Endgame (a "Trust" mini-arc)
          Don't watch Affinity before Covenant because Covenant was suppose to before Affinity, which Joe mentioned it in Affinity's In the Making, it's in the second to last bullet mark.
          Originally posted by In the Making: Affinity
          • And speaking of naming them: Originally, this episode was intended to air after "Covenant." As a result, Daniel (in the van scene) already knows their new name.
          sigpic

Comment

>>Don't split the Siege. Here's what I would do for the end of the season...<<

It's an interesting approach- though having Moebius before The Siege part 1 sorta takes away from the suspense of that episode since we know the SGC has a ZPM.

>>Don't watch Affinity before Covenant because Covenant was suppose to before Affinity<<

Noted, thanks, i'll switch those

Comment

just put the discs in and watch them and enjoy rda last season
              (thank god)
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well, I know you can, roughly, watch them in pretty much any order- just looking to find the optimal solution.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  There is a thread on this already!!!!!!!!

Use the search button for god's sake, whether you like it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i'm just trying to nice.
                  The search feature isn't always accurate. As for the viewing order, sounds like you got it right.
                  Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                  Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Working...
                  X