• Show
Clear All

Did anyone actually like this?

This show was cancelled after Hmmm... 15 episodes
    So who acctually liked it?

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
    i did, quite a bit. and i probably would have at leaast lasted the whole season if Fox had actually given it a chance from the begining, like airing the episodes in order and airing the pilot as the first episode instead of the third episode. this show was pure joss whedon genius but the Fox people never intended on giving it a decent shot and killed it before it started. they would rather have another season of "the Simple Life" than air good television. it cant be very comfortable for them, y'know with their heads completely inserted in the asses all the time.

Comment

loved it and im fairly new to the series too but i do love it
      sigpic

Comment

the show was awesome.
        the movie was awesome.
        everything about it is awesome.
        please make another.
        kthanxbye

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          i did, quite a bit. and i probably would have at leaast lasted the whole season if Fox had actually given it a chance from the begining, like airing the episodes in order and airing the pilot as the first episode instead of the third episode. this show was pure joss whedon genius but the Fox people never intended on giving it a decent shot and killed it before it started. they would rather have another season of "the Simple Life" than air good television. it cant be very comfortable for them, y'know with their heads completely inserted in the asses all the time.
          The original pilot actually aired last. IIRC, 'Our Mrs. Reynolds' aired thrid; it was the only episode I missied while the show was running.

If there had been some real support from the network, I see no reason why the show wouldn't still be running right now.

a time to mourn

Comment

well, we all know that FOX is notorious for sucking.

see: Futurama

Comment

Fawlty Towers only ever had 12 episodes, does that mean nobody liked it either?

I loved Firefly to itty bitty little peices. It was smart, funny, original, and didn't talk down to it's audience. It may have been a bit too "high concept" for some, but that's their loss.

Sure, only 13 episodes were made - mostly due to the network trend of preferring to produce cheap reality television to cater to the lowest common denominator - but it was primarily the strength of the DVD sales (both in the US and internationally) of those 13 episodes that landed the show a feature film deal with Universal. Obviously someone was watching... and buying.

-- Cynicatlantis - home of BeanieLantis, and other such silliness --

Comment

Have a green! (more if I could give!)\

I loved firefly, still love it as evidence i'm posting here...
                Serenity was absolutely kicka$$!
                Probably the best movie i've seen all year (still havan't seen King kong, don't ruin the plot )

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                  well, we all know that FOX is notorious for sucking.

see: Futurama
                  See:
                  Futurama
                  Dark Angel
                  Firefly
                  The Tick
                  Space: Above and Beyond
                  Arrested Development
                  The Adventure of Brisco County Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicat
                    Fawlty Towers only ever had 12 episodes, does that mean nobody liked it either?

I loved Firefly to itty bitty little peices. It was smart, funny, original, and didn't talk down to it's audience. It may have been a bit too "high concept" for some, but that's their loss.
                    Fawlty Towers, woot! I love British comedies, unfortunately I can only find them randomly after midnight on channel 2.

But, Firefly is awesome so far. I've only seen four episodes yet as they show them on Sci-Fi, but man I wish they would have kept that going. I haven't seen a new show that good since Stargate SG-1 started. And probably won't for some time, alas. Maybe Serenity interest will encourage someone to rip the rights from FOX's (preferable cold, dead) hands and continue it correctly.

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                    Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                    (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
                      So do you ever get sick of making these silly threads? Obviously if this is a Firefly/Serenity Section of GW people are going to say "why yes I quite liked it".

Of course people can still post and look they did, but it doesn't make it any less silly.

And why yes I did like it.

Comment

See:
                        Futurama
                        Dark Angel
                        Firefly
                        The Tick
                        Space: Above and Beyond
                        Arrested Development
                        The Adventure of Brisco County Jr.
                        You should add Tim Minear's post-Firefly work to your list: Wonderfalls and The Inside. Never saw the fomer, though it has sold well on DVD. The Inside was very good, but hasn't come to DVD (yet).

a time to mourn

Comment

Firefly is one of the best scifi shows out there, a lot more to sink your teeth into and I hope they do lots and lots of movies.
                          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                          Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                            So do you ever get sick of making these silly threads? Obviously if this is a Firefly/Serenity Section of GW people are going to say "why yes I quite liked it".
                            You know, it's interesting that that was my first thought when I saw this thread... People who hang around these threads aren't going to say "No", are they?

So I'm assuming that this person wants us to tell him (I imagine it's a him) why he should be watching it...

Yes, I liked it... very much...
                            So much that I went to buy the DVDs
                            So much that I took people to see Serenity...

Why should anyone watch it? Because it's smart, sassy, very witty and full of great characters.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I never saw Firefly until it ran on Sci Fi channel, so I saw the episodes aired in the correct order. By the end of the part two of the pilot, I was completely hooked. Great characters, interesting universe, right mix of humour and heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X