No announcement yet.

The Cold and Distant Stars (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triva time folks, The Cold and Distant Stars was the working title for Far Beyond the Stars, a Season 6 episode of DS9, a series which is one of the influences of Horizon.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      Triva time folks, The Cold and Distant Stars was the working title for Far Beyond the Stars, a Season 6 episode of DS9, a series which is one of the influences of Horizon.
      Yup. That's indeed where that title came from actually. "The Cold and Distant Stars" was the working title of this great DS9 episode, and that title is also on the shooting script of "Far Beyond The Stars" which I had read. When I first started thinking about this story, I realized that title would fit quite well. And technically it hasn't been used before.

It's not the comon way for us to approach it like that, but I just loved this title too much to not use it.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Hmm... Good episode - some good character and relationship development, and some interesting story developments, but... It's getting kind of annoying how the bad guys keep beaming away every episode. It's getting like some lame '50s show...

This poll's closed too...
        Last edited by Naonak; 10 September 2006, 07:30 AM.

Comment

As soon as the survivor was mentioned I thought of Sonak.

An amnesia story is always a risky business, because it's such a cliché used in every show. In this episode however it proved to be an interesting device to look at the Sivea/Sonak relationship.

Loved all the little references to the first episode.

Bay'lar is getting interesting, hoping for a closer look at him in the near future.

The episode kept me guessing as to whether or not Sonak was still Kih'Andiari or not. I was convinced that at best he was being tricked into what he was doing.

The revelation about duplicates sure was a good one, have we finally discovered what happened to General Williams??

There were a couple of points where the episode dragged a little, but in general it holds together pretty well.

Also have to agree with Naonak, the bad guys to seem to be just beaming away at the end a lot, it's becoming expected, and if overused is going to start killing the tension from any conflict.

In terms of character development though this one is another fine episode.

Some overall season points:

The rather large cast of characters being assembled is a real strength: Grant, Christine, Chase, Tom, David, Lenori, Sivok, Sonak, Bay'lar, Callen and all the recurring crew and villains are really making the Horizon universe an interesting and complex one. And of course with such a range of characters there comes a huge range of storytelling possibilities.
          Horizon is taking advantage of it's characters, as well as the fantastic plot device that is the Stargate.

The multiple story arcs are also being handled very well (though at this stage Grant's 'destiny' story seems to be being left out a bit).

You guys really are doing a great job with this season and with building on the foundations laid down in Season One.
          I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents

After taking two days off to study for a test, I was able to get back to reading Horizon. I was glad that I was able to read an interesting episode after my sad Horizon. Enough with my problems, lets get to this episode. As good as this episode was it has more questions than answers. It think it will interesting to see the Vorian Cold War heat up. My prediction is that S2 will end with a Vorian Civil War. I was glad to see the return the Sonak considering I find him to be Horizon's most interesting rival. There was some very interesting developmet as the friendship between Sonak and Sieva was rebuilt and then torn down as the Horizon crew fell into a trap set by the Kir'Adhari. I'm glad to see that Grant is smarter than he looks and knew that they might be walking into trap. For a second I thought the Horizon crew was actually going to be cloned. I didn't realize any ordinary Vorian could partcipate in telpathy. I thought only Ca'nan like Sieva could do that. I really liked the end of the episode where Sonak showed remorse for what he did and I read your deleated scene
            Questions

1) Off topic but why can't I vote on the polls.
            2)Have you forgotten about the Phoneix Coalation from Earth or will we see them later
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
            X