Page 1 of 43 123411 ... LastLast

Default Fanfic Recommendations

or fic series?

here's the place to recommend it/them.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Intergalactic Hussy
    (Moderator)
    I don't know but the view sure looks nice

Default Re: Do you have a favourite fic?

I'd recommend anything by Major Clanger, Denise, or Feli. I would especially recommend MC's foray into ship fic.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

The Hidden One by BrendaGracie
    The Weather Outside by Doc

for smut, Sue Corkill

(Moderator)

Default Re: Fanfic Recommendations

well, let's see

Ones i've printed out and re-read (sorry, i can't chase down links, but google works great)

the hidden one by brenda gracie - i love sam whumpage fic, and this one is great

the weather outside by Doc - again with the sam fic. so very few people bother to even write sam and i only get 1-2 'good' sam fic a year, to me good being ones that aren't total ship. Yeah, ship is fun, but there are times when i'd like to read about sam without her being the other half of jack

the many shades of night - sharon nuttycomb - another sam/jack adventure, but not shippy

Airman

Hope you don't mind,

the links for Sky stories (i also enjoy them, and Hidden one is a must for Sam fans) are

http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/archive1/authorei.html

(Scroll down fro Gracie name)

http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/archive1/titlevz.html

(scroll down for “the weather out side”)

the other one i cannot find, i now i rea it but can't remenber where.

San

(Moderator)

the many shades of night was originally on helio, but it is a couple of years old.

Chief Master Sergeant angsty_otaku's Avatar

the asgard sequence is really nice (by gumnut) there are a lot of good pre-stargate jack stories that have to deal with his special ops. times...one that pops up is Stray thoughts (just finished reading it) by gallagater...it's hosted on jackfic.com...

Quote Originally Posted by Shipperahoy
    I'd recommend anything by Major Clanger, Denise, or Feli. I would especially recommend MC's foray into ship fic.
    eek, I didn't see this.....

I still can't believe I wrote ship fic.

seems we had two fic recommendation threads... so trying out my new super mod powers... they are now become one.

they certainly are... it's amazing that out of all the fic I read I think he writes just about the best Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Clanger
    they certainly are... it's amazing that out of all the fic I read I think he writes just about the best Sam.
    Aww, Applesauce; if you'll pardon the early twentieth century theatre slang.

So, my own favourite is probably still Harsh Reality by Raven. It's really short - a must for me, since between writing and RL I don't have any time fro reading - but poignant and with a clever twist.

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archiv...shreality.html
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Prophet
    Aww, Applesauce; if you'll pardon the early twentieth century theatre slang.
    if only I understood what you mean....

Quote Originally Posted by Major Clanger
    if only I understood what you mean....
    Applesauce is 1920's slang for flattery, arising from a theatrical contraction of 'applause'. The term may or may not have some connection to calling New York 'the Big Apple', depending on who you ask.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

I really loved the Asgard Sequence as well.. Right now, I am digging the Barista Series by dietcokechick and Damn Trees by silentstar http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/38/damntrees.html

Staff Sergeant Send Pete to Edora's Avatar

Yeah, I have tons of Favorite Fanfiction and will post a few that I recommend. They´re ussually Sam & Jack stories becuase I´m a shipper.

** "A Second Chance" by Sally Reeve
    http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sj...ondchance.html

Summary: Jack has a woman in his life, and it's not Sam....

~ I loved that one so much! I wasn´t too sure about it because Jack is involved with another woman but there´s so much angst between S&J it´s so great! There´re some misunderstandings and huge arguments and then Sam gets hurt because of Jack´s new "girlfriend" and Jack has to save her....

** "Skipped Stones Series" by Tere C
    http://www.geocities.com/tcampbsoup/skipped_stones.html

Summary: After an attack Sam & Jack find themselves in the SGC in an alternate reality. Sam´s hurt, they´re alone and have to find a way to their own place but are they really going home or just to another reality?

~ That was SO excellent! The story has three *long* parts and is just amazing! Angst, Hurt & Comfort! It´s stunning!

** "The Best I ever Had" by Noda
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Laby.../thebest1.html

Summary: Set in the future, Sam and Jack meet again under unusual circumstancs. It's been ten years since Sam left the SGC.

~ That was absolutely amazing! After an "experience" Sam & Jack somehow part in a misunderstanding after they got closer and 10 years later Sam calls Jack because she needs his help. Some unexpected truths come out....

** "The Spare Key Theory" by urdreamkeeper
    http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/7/thespare.html

Summary: Sam has locked herself out of her house in a rather precarious situation. Guess who she has to call to come help her back into her house?

~ That one was soooo funny! It´s not really S&J but more like a team Humor fic. It´s great!

** "Keep it Simple" by Sue Corkill
    http://www.sjhw.net/tolerance/simple.htm

Summary: Sam and Jack have some ‘issues’ to sort out after Orlin’s visit.

~ I really loved that one! That was exactly what I needed after Ascension and Sue did a wonderful job!

** "Samantha´s Memories" by Sue Corkill - NC-17 ALERT!
    http://www.sjhw.net/tolerance/samanthasmemories.htm

Summary: Sam & Jack - established relationship! Sam experiences some unexpected repercussions to the Tok’ra memory recall device.

~ That was sooo great! There´s lots of Angst! Sam has to deal with difficult stuff and Jack wants to help her but they have problems in finding a way to keep together! It´s just ..wow! But attention - it´s Nc-17!

** "Turning Point" by Sue Corkill --- PG13 or NC-17
    PG13:http://www.sjhw.net/tolerance/turning.htm
    Nc-17: http://www.sjhw.net/tolerance/turning2.htm

Summary: Sam & Jack - established relationship! The team’s experiences during ‘Crossroads’ force Sam to evaluate her relationship with Jack.

~ GREAT! This time it´s mostly Jack Angst! But Sam & Jack´s relationship is suffering from it and Sam even wants to leave. Can Jack stop her?

Oaky, that´s it for now.

Steffi ~ A Shipper on mission *weg*
    Last edited by Send Pete to Edora; May 22nd, 2004 at 10:48 AM.

Re: Fanfic Recommendations

I usually like to see crossovers with other shows i.e. Stargate meets up with Battlestar Galactica (the old one, not the new one).

Captain

Absolutely anything by Sally Reeve. Her grasp of character is amazing; when I read one of her stories I feel as though I'm watching an episode. She does some wonderful and hilarious Jack and team banter too. Sally, if you're out there - I'm haunting your website daily for a new story!

I also loved Avalon's The Long and Winding Road and The Many Shades of Night - I'd love to see more from this author!

I've also been reading all I can find from Alli Snow this week and been thoroughly enjoying myself. I was especially enthralled with the Andromeda series and From Hereon After. <happy sigh>

There are also some hilarious short comic vignettes in my small but growing collection. The Moments of Adoration series for one. Michelle V's vignettes too. And those of Nanda and Suzvoy. All lots of fun - and nicely steamy in some cases <g> - that have had me LOLing.

Send Pete (thumbsup on the nick, btw <g>) - do you have a url for The Spare Key Theory? Sounds interesting.

Can anyone out there recommend any stories similar in theme and content to those above? I'm a sucker for J/S, angst, hurt-comfort, not too much aplot or action and definitely some team banter/humour thrown into the mix. And I'm getting desperate for another fix to keep me going till S8 airs.

Albion

(Moderator)

for long sam/jack type fic

JoR
    Fairygnomes

doc's are slightly shippy www.frondfic.com then doc's surgery

Queen Kat
    (Moderator)
    2nd star to the right & straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by Albion

Can anyone out there recommend any stories similar in theme and content to those above? I'm a sucker for J/S, angst, hurt-comfort, not too much aplot or action and definitely some team banter/humour thrown into the mix. And I'm getting desperate for another fix to keep me going till S8 airs.

Albion
    Do a search on Helio or Sam/Jack for Noda. I don't think she's written anything lately, but she did some super S/J fics a while back. Really well written and very angsty.