Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fanfic Recommendations

[QUOTE=Albion]
    Send Pete (thumbsup on the nick, btw <g>) - do you have a url for The Spare Key Theory? Sounds interesting.

QUOTE]

Try: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/7/thespare.html.

It's a great story!!
    I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Staff Sergeant Send Pete to Edora's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albion

Send Pete (thumbsup on the nick, btw <g>) - do you have a url for The Spare Key Theory? Sounds interesting.

Albion
    Oh sorry, forgot to put the Link to that one into my post. Changed that. But I´ve seen you already got it.

It´s not that long but it´s funny. I had a good laugh while reading it!

Glad you like my name as well.

Steffi ~ A Shipper on mission *weg*

Captain

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone! Apologies for being tardy in that, but I've been spending my time over the past couple of days reading some really great fic <g>

Albion

meimei

Smile Re: Fanfic Recommendations

I have recently become addicted to fanfic. Some of the authors that I have enjoyed so far (so little time so much fanfic) have been Sally Reeve, Shane Vansen, Nanda, Sue Corkill. I like S/J shipper stuff but also humor.

I have been thinking about making an attempt at fanfic myself. I always scored high in creative writing classes, especially in short stories, but I don't really have time to plan out characters and worlds (the hardest part of writing to me) so using established characters seems like fun.

Does anyone have some links to pages that help people get started in fanfic? I would appreciate any assistance!

Second Lieutenant shinyredpants's Avatar

Default Re: Do you have a favourite fic?

my favorite favorite stargate fanfic is

it's sort of slash...but it is so absolutely funny its rediculous!

http://www.area52hkh.net/asm/mbmallory/plushie.php

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Chief Master Sergeant VixyOwl (~~Ani)'s Avatar

Prophet! You're awesome.

Many a happy hour's been spent ditching Foucault for Prophet...sigh.
    When Hubby asked what I was studying, I could honestly say, "I'm reading up on Nazi symbology."

Quote Originally Posted by VixyOwl (~~Ani)
    Prophet! You're awesome.

Many a happy hour's been spent ditching Foucault for Prophet...sigh.
    When Hubby asked what I was studying, I could honestly say, "I'm reading up on Nazi symbology."

Yay! I think that my favourite feedback is always going to be people telling me they've ditched study for my stories; I never get tired of it.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Not to be horribly commercial about it, but honestly, I feel I owe you money. As if I've stolen all your good stories... Hours of intelligent entertainment I'd usually have to pay for.

(By the way, I originally wrote "blowing off Foucault"--but I wasn't sure that would translate out of the US... )

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Prophet
    Yay! I think that my favourite feedback is always going to be people telling me they've ditched study for my stories; I never get tired of it.
    ohhh you! I'm tellin' all the teachers...

which is rich coming from one who has devoted a free five minutes or so (sometimes) at work to your stuff!
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Quote Originally Posted by Major Clanger
    ohhh you! I'm tellin' all the teachers...

which is rich coming from one who has devoted a free five minutes or so (sometimes) at work to your stuff!
    Oh, didn't I mention....
    I was supposed to be prepping to *teach* Foucault...
    "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
    "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
    "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
    --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Gads there are sooooooo many I can't even begin to think of them. I tend to go on reading fettishes on one writer or one character. I am lately in a Major Davis mode. So, if any of you have a good PD author to recommend I'd appreciate it seeing as I've just finished everything on majordavis.com!

Thanks!

RS

Second Lieutenant

Absolutely anything by Sally Reeve. Her grasp of character is amazing; when I read one of her stories I feel as though I'm watching an episode. She does some wonderful and hilarious Jack and team banter too. Sally, if you're out there - I'm haunting your website daily for a new story!

I also loved Avalon's The Long and Winding Road and The Many Shades of Night - I'd love to see more from this author!

I've also been reading all I can find from Alli Snow this week and been thoroughly enjoying myself. I was especially enthralled with the Andromeda series and From Hereon After. <happy sigh>

There are also some hilarious short comic vignettes in my small but growing collection. The Moments of Adoration series for one. Michelle V's vignettes too. And those of Nanda and Suzvoy. All lots of fun - and nicely steamy in some cases <g> - that have had me LOLing.

Can anyone out there recommend any stories similar in theme and content to those above? I'm a sucker for J/S, angst, hurt-comfort, not too much aplot or action and definitely some team banter/humour thrown into the mix. And I'm getting desperate for another fix to keep me going till S8 airs.

Albion

I don't know your feelings about pete...but the story called
    I love my life
    is a really good sam fic.

definately read till the end. kind of a twist.

it's found somewhere here on gateworld.

I've been reading Sam and Jack stories by
    ERIDANIMOON on www.fanfiction.net

They are the following:
    There without her
    The last one falls
    Stolen moments

They are well written, will make you go awww
    that's sweet, laugh, cry and sit on the edge
    of your seat while reading, in short a brilliant read!
    ......TARA......

A BtvS/SG-1 Crossover by the name of Scarab. A Goa'uld pops up in sunny dale with a demon army. SG-1 are called in to deal with it. An excellant storie with all the characters foerm both series portrayed accuratly. Tres neato.
    Oh yes you'll need a link to get to it of course:
    http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/storiess/scarab.txt

Banner By JME2

Quote Originally Posted by meimei
    I have recently become addicted to fanfic. Some of the authors that I have enjoyed so far (so little time so much fanfic) have been Sally Reeve, Shane Vansen, Nanda, Sue Corkill. I like S/J shipper stuff but also humor.

I have been thinking about making an attempt at fanfic myself. I always scored high in creative writing classes, especially in short stories, but I don't really have time to plan out characters and worlds (the hardest part of writing to me) so using established characters seems like fun.

Does anyone have some links to pages that help people get started in fanfic? I would appreciate any assistance!
    Think this site will help http://www.betasite.hoodatlair.com/stargateinfo.htm
    Has everything for people starting fanfiction

Staff Sergeant priornavalperson's Avatar

Cool Re: Fanfic Recommendations

Just finished reading The Prophet's fan fiction SG7 - The Scourge. Great read, especially for those of us who like eldritch fiction.

It can be found here:

http://www.prophet.phlegethon.org/Fi...e/scourge1.htm

It also brings back the character Lieutenant Alexa Rasputin from his SG1 related fan fiction, White Russian, which can be found here:

http://www.prophet.phlegethon.org/Fi...Russian/wr.htm

Its great too.

P3X-666. Doesn't everyone want to live there?

The best Stargate fanfic I have read in a long time is by rach0486 called Grandfather Paradox. It's a brilliant sotryline and very well written. I would recommend it to eveyone.

Absolutely anything by Sally Reeve. Her grasp of character is amazing; when I read one of her stories I feel as though I'm watching an episode. She does some wonderful and hilarious Jack and team banter too. Sally, if you're out there - I'm haunting your website daily for a new story!

I also loved Avalon's The Long and Winding Road and The Many Shades of Night - I'd love to see more from this author!

I've also been reading all I can find from Alli Snow this week and been thoroughly enjoying myself. I was especially enthralled with the Andromeda series and From Hereon After. <happy sigh>

There are also some hilarious short comic vignettes in my small but growing collection. The Moments of Adoration series for one. Michelle V's vignettes too. And those of Nanda and Suzvoy. All lots of fun - and nicely steamy in some cases <g> - that have had me LOLing.

Can anyone out there recommend any stories similar in theme and content to those above? I'm a sucker for J/S, angst, hurt-comfort, not too much aplot or action and definitely some team banter/humour thrown into the mix. And I'm getting desperate for another fix to keep me going till S8 airs.

Albion

Can anyone tell me how to access Alli Snow's "Hereon After: A Matter of Truth?" I've read the first two Hereon chapters, but when I click on anything that says "A Matter of Truth", I get nothing. Also, what does it mean when I click on a story and get a German website. I think it says "not available" in German. Well, just guessing.

Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

i'd recommend The Quality of Mercy by ELG:

http://bunnyfic.com/elg_gen.htm

it's long (i believe 403 pages) but it's just... wow.

I highly recommend Overtime by SG1_fanfic. It is a really good Sam centered story - not shippy. VERY good and VERY long.

Also, does anyone remember a story about Sam & Jack alone on a planet and there is an earthquake or mudslide - something - they fall into a cave and Sam gets hurt? It was a really good story and now I can't remember where I found it!!! Only read it a few weeks ago and I've backtracked all over the place.