Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my favorite fic of all time. I honestly think this should either be the last story arc or the SG-1 movie.

Circle of Time

Comment

Originally posted by joker_smile
      Nobody knows what fic I'm talking about?

i'm afraid it doesn't ring a bell with me, sorry
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Anyway the only thing that sticks in my head is a wedding ring that has an inscription or there was something special about the ring.
        Was the ring something he picked up on another planet, and was the color of Carter's eyes? I remember reading a story with a ring, but I don't remember her dying. Anyways, if that sounds like your story, I can look into some of the ones I read and see if I can find that one again

Comment

Originally posted by vankerck
          Was the ring something he picked up on another planet, and was the color of Carter's eyes? I remember reading a story with a ring, but I don't remember her dying. Anyways, if that sounds like your story, I can look into some of the ones I read and see if I can find that one again

I swear one of them died but I'm not sure now. there was some signifigence about the ring and it is mentioned at the end of the story I believe. I read this about 2 years ago maybe. I know it doesn't follow any season. And I swear I found it on Helio but I can't do a search for it cause it only goes back a year.

I'd appreciate any help or story links you can give me.

Comment

The story I was thinking about is called "A Second Chance" by Sally Reeve, but Carter doesn't die in it. It's a good story anyway Here it is: http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/secondpt1.html

Comment

Can anyone help? I'm going crazy (ok, more crazy) trying to find a story I read recently. It had a) Jack being busy after a promotion, b) was after the Jack clone thing, c) a tech programmed the x302 flight simulator with a flight through an asteroid field-based on a flight Sam did that Jack just learns about, d) Sam takes Jack flying. Please? Pretty please??

acw

Comment

Does anyone have any good general, NON-SHIP fics to recommend?

Comment

Here's two non-ship fics that are good and long enough to take to the beach .

Quality of Mercy

For God and Country
                  Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. -Adam Smith

Comment

doc's stuff is non-shippy....unless you really like to read between the lines

www.frondfic.com then look for doc's surgery.

i love the weather outside

and also 'the hidden one' by brendagracie. it's just friendship with a bit of ust. feelings may be hinted at or mentioned, but nothing happens. it's on the awards site
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Does anyone have any good general, NON-SHIP fics to recommend?
                      I'm not done reading this one yet, but so far, no ship (I'm almost done). Lots of angst, though, and some difficult portions, but really good: The Bonds of Friendship by SGC Gategirl (http://www.sgc-gategirl.com/tbof/tbof.html)

I'd recommend looking at some of the nominated stories at http://www.sg1-awards.com/nom2004gen.shtml

Comment

I just remembered another one of my favorites. This is one of the most humorous stories I have ever read:

Little Kid Diplomacy

Comment

Originally posted by acw
                          Can anyone help? I'm going crazy (ok, more crazy) trying to find a story I read recently. It had a) Jack being busy after a promotion, b) was after the Jack clone thing, c) a tech programmed the x302 flight simulator with a flight through an asteroid field-based on a flight Sam did that Jack just learns about, d) Sam takes Jack flying. Please? Pretty please??

acw
                          I think the Story you are looking for is called 'Come Fly With Me' by SG1_Fanfic and is in the Gateworld fanfic archive.

Comment

I swear one of them died but I'm not sure now. there was some signifigence about the ring and it is mentioned at the end of the story I believe. I read this about 2 years ago maybe. I know it doesn't follow any season. And I swear I found it on Helio but I can't do a search for it cause it only goes back a year.

I'd appreciate any help or story links you can give me.
                            I think it's this one of Seldear's:
                            http://www.users.bigpond.com/seldear...e/remember.htm

"Remember This"
                            I cry every time I read it. It has the wedding band with the gate address inscribed.
                            Hope this helps.
                            Slainte
                            "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
                              I think it's this one of Seldear's:
                              http://www.users.bigpond.com/seldear...e/remember.htm

"Remember This"
                              I cry every time I read it. It has the wedding band with the gate address inscribed.
                              Hope this helps.
                              I said it before and I'll say it again........YOU ROCK!
                              thank you again so very much.....
                              Yes I recommend that fic.... to anyone.

*goes to ask premission from the author to post it in my live journal*

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                                I think the Story you are looking for is called 'Come Fly With Me' by SG1_Fanfic and is in the Gateworld fanfic archive.
                                Oh, thank-you soooo much. That's it. You just made my day. I'd say you made my week, but that might be a little sad Seriously, thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X