Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I have tons of Favorite Fanfiction and will post a few that I recommend. They´re ussually Sam & Jack stories becuase I´m a shipper.

** "A Second Chance" by Sally Reeve
    http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sj...ondchance.html

Summary: Jack has a woman in his life, and it's not Sam....

~ I loved that one so much! I wasn´t too sure about it because Jack is involved with another woman but there´s so much angst between S&J it´s so great! There´re some misunderstandings and huge arguments and then Sam gets hurt because of Jack´s new "girlfriend" and Jack has to save her....

** "Skipped Stones Series" by Tere C
    http://www.geocities.com/tcampbsoup/skipped_stones.html

Summary: After an attack Sam & Jack find themselves in the SGC in an alternate reality. Sam´s hurt, they´re alone and have to find a way to their own place but are they really going home or just to another reality?

~ That was SO excellent! The story has three *long* parts and is just amazing! Angst, Hurt & Comfort! It´s stunning!

** "The Best I ever Had" by Noda
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Laby.../thebest1.html

Summary: Set in the future, Sam and Jack meet again under unusual circumstancs. It's been ten years since Sam left the SGC.

~ That was absolutely amazing! After an "experience" Sam & Jack somehow part in a misunderstanding after they got closer and 10 years later Sam calls Jack because she needs his help. Some unexpected truths come out....

** "The Spare Key Theory" by urdreamkeeper
    http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/7/thespare.html

Summary: Sam has locked herself out of her house in a rather precarious situation. Guess who she has to call to come help her back into her house?

~ That one was soooo funny! It´s not really S&J but more like a team Humor fic. It´s great!

** "Keep it Simple" by Sue Corkill
    http://www.sjhw.net/tolerance/simple.htm

Summary: Sam and Jack have some ‘issues’ to sort out after Orlin’s visit.

~ I really loved that one! That was exactly what I needed after Ascension and Sue did a wonderful job!

** "Samantha´s Memories" by Sue Corkill - NC-17 ALERT!
    http://www.sjhw.net/tolerance/samanthasmemories.htm

Summary: Sam & Jack - established relationship! Sam experiences some unexpected repercussions to the Tok’ra memory recall device.

~ That was sooo great! There´s lots of Angst! Sam has to deal with difficult stuff and Jack wants to help her but they have problems in finding a way to keep together! It´s just ..wow! But attention - it´s Nc-17!

** "Turning Point" by Sue Corkill --- PG13 or NC-17
    PG13:http://www.sjhw.net/tolerance/turning.htm
    Nc-17: http://www.sjhw.net/tolerance/turning2.htm

Summary: Sam & Jack - established relationship! The team’s experiences during ‘Crossroads’ force Sam to evaluate her relationship with Jack.

~ GREAT! This time it´s mostly Jack Angst! But Sam & Jack´s relationship is suffering from it and Sam even wants to leave. Can Jack stop her?

Oaky, that´s it for now.

Steffi ~ A Shipper on mission *weg*
    Last edited by Send Pete to Edora; 22 May 2004, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I usually like to see crossovers with other shows i.e. Stargate meets up with Battlestar Galactica (the old one, not the new one).

Comment

Absolutely anything by Sally Reeve. Her grasp of character is amazing; when I read one of her stories I feel as though I'm watching an episode. She does some wonderful and hilarious Jack and team banter too. Sally, if you're out there - I'm haunting your website daily for a new story!

I also loved Avalon's The Long and Winding Road and The Many Shades of Night - I'd love to see more from this author!

I've also been reading all I can find from Alli Snow this week and been thoroughly enjoying myself. I was especially enthralled with the Andromeda series and From Hereon After. <happy sigh>

There are also some hilarious short comic vignettes in my small but growing collection. The Moments of Adoration series for one. Michelle V's vignettes too. And those of Nanda and Suzvoy. All lots of fun - and nicely steamy in some cases <g> - that have had me LOLing.

Send Pete (thumbsup on the nick, btw <g>) - do you have a url for The Spare Key Theory? Sounds interesting.

Can anyone out there recommend any stories similar in theme and content to those above? I'm a sucker for J/S, angst, hurt-comfort, not too much aplot or action and definitely some team banter/humour thrown into the mix. And I'm getting desperate for another fix to keep me going till S8 airs.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

for long sam/jack type fic

JoR
          Fairygnomes

doc's are slightly shippy www.frondfic.com then doc's surgery
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

Can anyone out there recommend any stories similar in theme and content to those above? I'm a sucker for J/S, angst, hurt-comfort, not too much aplot or action and definitely some team banter/humour thrown into the mix. And I'm getting desperate for another fix to keep me going till S8 airs.

Albion
            Do a search on Helio or Sam/Jack for Noda. I don't think she's written anything lately, but she did some super S/J fics a while back. Really well written and very angsty.
            sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Albion]
              Send Pete (thumbsup on the nick, btw <g>) - do you have a url for The Spare Key Theory? Sounds interesting.

QUOTE]

Try: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/7/thespare.html.

It's a great story!!
              I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

Albion
                Oh sorry, forgot to put the Link to that one into my post. Changed that. But I´ve seen you already got it.

It´s not that long but it´s funny. I had a good laugh while reading it!

Glad you like my name as well.

Steffi ~ A Shipper on mission *weg*

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone! Apologies for being tardy in that, but I've been spending my time over the past couple of days reading some really great fic <g>

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I have recently become addicted to fanfic. Some of the authors that I have enjoyed so far (so little time so much fanfic) have been Sally Reeve, Shane Vansen, Nanda, Sue Corkill. I like S/J shipper stuff but also humor.

I have been thinking about making an attempt at fanfic myself. I always scored high in creative writing classes, especially in short stories, but I don't really have time to plan out characters and worlds (the hardest part of writing to me) so using established characters seems like fun.

Does anyone have some links to pages that help people get started in fanfic? I would appreciate any assistance!

Comment

my favorite favorite stargate fanfic is

it's sort of slash...but it is so absolutely funny its rediculous!

http://www.area52hkh.net/asm/mbmallory/plushie.php

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                      Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                      Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Prophet! You're awesome.

Many a happy hour's been spent ditching Foucault for Prophet...sigh.
                        When Hubby asked what I was studying, I could honestly say, "I'm reading up on Nazi symbology."

"Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                        "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                        "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
                        --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Originally posted by VixyOwl (~~Ani)
                          Prophet! You're awesome.

Many a happy hour's been spent ditching Foucault for Prophet...sigh.
                          When Hubby asked what I was studying, I could honestly say, "I'm reading up on Nazi symbology."

Yay! I think that my favourite feedback is always going to be people telling me they've ditched study for my stories; I never get tired of it.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Not to be horribly commercial about it, but honestly, I feel I owe you money. As if I've stolen all your good stories... Hours of intelligent entertainment I'd usually have to pay for.

(By the way, I originally wrote "blowing off Foucault"--but I wasn't sure that would translate out of the US... )
                            "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                            "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                            "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              Yay! I think that my favourite feedback is always going to be people telling me they've ditched study for my stories; I never get tired of it.
                              ohhh you! I'm tellin' all the teachers...

which is rich coming from one who has devoted a free five minutes or so (sometimes) at work to your stuff!
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                                ohhh you! I'm tellin' all the teachers...

which is rich coming from one who has devoted a free five minutes or so (sometimes) at work to your stuff!
                                Oh, didn't I mention....
                                I was supposed to be prepping to *teach* Foucault...

Comment

Working...
                                X