Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gads there are sooooooo many I can't even begin to think of them. I tend to go on reading fettishes on one writer or one character. I am lately in a Major Davis mode. So, if any of you have a good PD author to recommend I'd appreciate it seeing as I've just finished everything on majordavis.com!

Thanks!

RS
    Grace Under Pressure & Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    two lj communities celebrating some of scifi's most compelling creations

stargate_women bsg_women

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
      Absolutely anything by Sally Reeve. Her grasp of character is amazing; when I read one of her stories I feel as though I'm watching an episode. She does some wonderful and hilarious Jack and team banter too. Sally, if you're out there - I'm haunting your website daily for a new story!

I also loved Avalon's The Long and Winding Road and The Many Shades of Night - I'd love to see more from this author!

I've also been reading all I can find from Alli Snow this week and been thoroughly enjoying myself. I was especially enthralled with the Andromeda series and From Hereon After. <happy sigh>

There are also some hilarious short comic vignettes in my small but growing collection. The Moments of Adoration series for one. Michelle V's vignettes too. And those of Nanda and Suzvoy. All lots of fun - and nicely steamy in some cases <g> - that have had me LOLing.

Send Pete (thumbsup on the nick, btw <g>) - do you have a url for The Spare Key Theory? Sounds interesting.

Can anyone out there recommend any stories similar in theme and content to those above? I'm a sucker for J/S, angst, hurt-comfort, not too much aplot or action and definitely some team banter/humour thrown into the mix. And I'm getting desperate for another fix to keep me going till S8 airs.

Albion

I don't know your feelings about pete...but the story called
      I love my life
      is a really good sam fic.

definately read till the end. kind of a twist.

it's found somewhere here on gateworld.

Comment

I've been reading Sam and Jack stories by
        ERIDANIMOON on www.fanfiction.net

They are the following:
        There without her
        The last one falls
        Stolen moments

They are well written, will make you go awww
        that's sweet, laugh, cry and sit on the edge
        of your seat while reading, in short a brilliant read!
        ......TARA......

Comment

A BtvS/SG-1 Crossover by the name of Scarab. A Goa'uld pops up in sunny dale with a demon army. SG-1 are called in to deal with it. An excellant storie with all the characters foerm both series portrayed accuratly. Tres neato.
          Oh yes you'll need a link to get to it of course:
          http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/storiess/scarab.txt
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
            I have recently become addicted to fanfic. Some of the authors that I have enjoyed so far (so little time so much fanfic) have been Sally Reeve, Shane Vansen, Nanda, Sue Corkill. I like S/J shipper stuff but also humor.

I have been thinking about making an attempt at fanfic myself. I always scored high in creative writing classes, especially in short stories, but I don't really have time to plan out characters and worlds (the hardest part of writing to me) so using established characters seems like fun.

Does anyone have some links to pages that help people get started in fanfic? I would appreciate any assistance!
            Think this site will help http://www.betasite.hoodatlair.com/stargateinfo.htm
            Has everything for people starting fanfiction

Comment

Just finished reading The Prophet's fan fiction SG7 - The Scourge. Great read, especially for those of us who like eldritch fiction.

It can be found here:

http://www.prophet.phlegethon.org/Fi...e/scourge1.htm

It also brings back the character Lieutenant Alexa Rasputin from his SG1 related fan fiction, White Russian, which can be found here:

http://www.prophet.phlegethon.org/Fi...Russian/wr.htm

Its great too.

Comment

The best Stargate fanfic I have read in a long time is by rach0486 called Grandfather Paradox. It's a brilliant sotryline and very well written. I would recommend it to eveyone.

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                  Absolutely anything by Sally Reeve. Her grasp of character is amazing; when I read one of her stories I feel as though I'm watching an episode. She does some wonderful and hilarious Jack and team banter too. Sally, if you're out there - I'm haunting your website daily for a new story!

I also loved Avalon's The Long and Winding Road and The Many Shades of Night - I'd love to see more from this author!

I've also been reading all I can find from Alli Snow this week and been thoroughly enjoying myself. I was especially enthralled with the Andromeda series and From Hereon After. <happy sigh>

There are also some hilarious short comic vignettes in my small but growing collection. The Moments of Adoration series for one. Michelle V's vignettes too. And those of Nanda and Suzvoy. All lots of fun - and nicely steamy in some cases <g> - that have had me LOLing.

Send Pete (thumbsup on the nick, btw <g>) - do you have a url for The Spare Key Theory? Sounds interesting.

Can anyone out there recommend any stories similar in theme and content to those above? I'm a sucker for J/S, angst, hurt-comfort, not too much aplot or action and definitely some team banter/humour thrown into the mix. And I'm getting desperate for another fix to keep me going till S8 airs.

Albion

Can anyone tell me how to access Alli Snow's "Hereon After: A Matter of Truth?" I've read the first two Hereon chapters, but when I click on anything that says "A Matter of Truth", I get nothing. Also, what does it mean when I click on a story and get a German website. I think it says "not available" in German. Well, just guessing.

Comment

i'd recommend The Quality of Mercy by ELG:

http://bunnyfic.com/elg_gen.htm

it's long (i believe 403 pages) but it's just... wow.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I highly recommend Overtime by SG1_fanfic. It is a really good Sam centered story - not shippy. VERY good and VERY long.

Also, does anyone remember a story about Sam & Jack alone on a planet and there is an earthquake or mudslide - something - they fall into a cave and Sam gets hurt? It was a really good story and now I can't remember where I found it!!! Only read it a few weeks ago and I've backtracked all over the place.

Comment

could be dancing on volcanoes by touleous (which i can't spell)

dont' have the site handy, but try www.samandjack.net or look on the awards site for 2003 nominations

www.sg1-awards.com

look under ship
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I read a fic...Future Imperfect - Sally reeve...the other day that made me cry lol!! I have never cried in a fan fic! But I could like feel the emotions that were happening in there!! Was a strange experience!!

I write Sam/Jack fics...if anyone's interested...the link's in my signiture! *points downwards*

But yeah I recommend reading Future Imperfect!!

RDA: "I dunno that much about Pete to be honest with you. Apprently he's no threat to O'Neill!"

SAM AND JACK FOREVER

My Sam & Jack Fan Fics

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                            Also, does anyone remember a story about Sam & Jack alone on a planet and there is an earthquake or mudslide - something - they fall into a cave and Sam gets hurt? It was a really good story and now I can't remember where I found it!!! Only read it a few weeks ago and I've backtracked all over the place.
                            That would be A Second Change by Sally Reeve, available here: http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/secondpt1.html

I agree, great story. One of the best I've read, actually. Great character development, angst, AND some action.

Comment

I hope this is ok to ask here but a while back when i first started reading fan fics I stumbled acrossed a jack/sam fic where I believe sam died. Anyway the only thing that sticks in my head is a wedding ring that has an inscription or there was something special about the ring.

I don't remember the author or the title and I would like to find it.

I do however remeber writing to the author to tell them I liked their story.

I want to say I got the story off of heliopolis but I can't be for sure.

If anyone has a vague idea as to which story I could be talking about please let me know. A few suggestion anything would help......

Comment

Nobody knows what fic I'm talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X