Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommend stargate fics by a physicist guy call "and katsina" www.ipsodixit.com
    it heavy reading got lot of techy bits but its best fanfics i've read. Temo

Comment

Someone mentioned the WIP "Force" on this list and also gotten into crossover fics in general lately. I've yet to read anything by Laney that isn't amazing. She has several stories that stargate focused - she's got a great muse for making realities collide -- which is the name of her website! http://www.realitiescollide.com

For a bit of the off-the-beaten track character focus - check out "Fragile Existence" as it stars mini-Jack attending Sunnydale High in the season 7 time frame of btvs.

However, I think my favorite is the "Heroics" Series which takes place AU post BtVS and stars a Lt. Rosenberg and our favorite archeologist. The fic's even got Kawalsky in it.
      Grace Under Pressure & Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
      two lj communities celebrating some of scifi's most compelling creations

stargate_women bsg_women

Comment

Hi
        I've kinda gotten addicted to fanfics over the last two months, and I'm trying to find gen fics concentrating mostly on team based stuff,(I'm a bit shocked with how much is actually out there). Anyway I'm into action/adventure humor etc (non ship) and maybe with a bit of a focus on Daniel.
        So far I've liked Denise, Eve and dietcokechick.

Any recommendations?

P.S. This is my first post ever!!!!

So hello to everyone.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
        DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

HI Imo

Welcome.

Well, if you're looking for fic with more of a daniel focus, then i'd suggest taking a look at the fic archived at www.stargatefan.com

There should be no ship there and many of the authors that like that archive have a preference for Daniel so it might give you a good place to start
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
              I've kinda gotten addicted to fanfics over the last two months, and I'm trying to find gen fics concentrating mostly on team based stuff,(I'm a bit shocked with how much is actually out there). Anyway I'm into action/adventure humor etc (non ship) and maybe with a bit of a focus on Daniel.
              Yes, there is a LOT out there and it comes in all genres! The rec above (stargatefan.com) is a good one. I especially like the way that site has episode tags by season. In addition to Gateworld, there is also http://www.sg1-awards.com as a good place to get a feel for the variety of styles and links to other fic locations. http://www.heliopolis.com used to be a treasure trove but it seems unavailable of late. Also, http://www.jackfic.com is good and although a "jack" site is not all jack-focused fic. http://www.abydosgate.com is wonderful archive as well.

There are loads more since as you noted, it becomes addictive. If you keep an LiveJournal, there are many authors who post update notices on their LJ's as well.

And finally, I suggest that when you find authors you really like -- find out what they read. I enjoy all styles of fic but find that the authors that write non-ship, tend to read it as well.

stargate_women bsg_women

Comment

Thanks for all the links. I had a look at Heliopolis its HUGE. I have a feeling that I'm not gonna get much sleep for a few months!

Comment

If you want Daniel/Janet ship, Danny whumping, Angst/drama; hurt/comfort; romance...read Mind Fever by Meg_tdj

www.gateview.ca/fanfiction/mindfever.html

It's a fun ride.

~Misty
                  *Tons of cameras flash all around*

Me: You'll be seeing lights for days!

Michael Shanks: I know! I feel like I'm in a disco!

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                    Thanks for all the links. I had a look at Heliopolis its HUGE. I have a feeling that I'm not gonna get much sleep for a few months!
                    Do I get rec/scale green points for that!? hint. hint.

stargate_women bsg_women

Comment

we've been reading a fanfic called skullduggery ninth chevron nth dimension. it's about fourty chapters long they post more chapters every week. it's funny but also real hi tech , a tough read but real brain food.
                      the writers are physicists who worked on the show in first few seasons.
                      they found out how to get the ninth chevron working!!!
                      they also got a chapter about how the crystal skull works, it's neat. there is lots of other cool insider tips

ckeck it out and tell us what you think www.ipsodixit.com

Tem

Comment

Can anybody help me? I'm looking for a Sam/Jack fic in which Joe from 2001 doesn't die and he and Sam marry. Sam leaves the SGC after Daniel's death because Jack couldn't be there for her. It goes to the future and Jack is now a General and the Asgard give the SGC new gate coordinates and Sam helpto insttall this. It eventually ends with Sam and Jack together so if anybody knows the name of this fic, it would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                          Hi
                          So far I've liked Denise, Eve and dietcokechick.
                          Try www.danielfic.com

Dana Jeanne
                          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

There are some lovely Daniel/Janet fics here:
                            www.gateview.ca/fanfiction/main.html
                            Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

What will it take
                              by SG1_Fanfic

it is over 400 pages long, so be warned

it's mostly sam/jack friendship, but the last 50 pages or so are shippy. those that just like the friendship can just stop reading and not do the little bit

the author does a good job with her research, enough but not an infodump. she's got minor charcters involved, realistic sam/jack

a very enjoyable read

due to its length, the author is re-uploading it to gateworld, but i beleive it's also on helio for those that are interested
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 10 December 2004, 06:22 PM.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Can we post Zine Announcements here, too?

Points Of Departure Zine

A massive 603-page Jack/ Daniel slash anthology with an extraordinary 4 novellas & 11 stories, all new and original, over 40 illustrations including original artwork, plus the 2005 Calendar Bundle with 72 desktops as a bonus.

Authors: Kalymire, JoaG, Lady Grey, babs, Devra, Pepe and more, including a brand new story by PheonixE!!!

For more information:
                                http://jd-divas.com/yp/yaddapreview09.shtml

To order the zine using paypal, click on the PHEONIXE button.

I'm currently printing mine out now.

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Working...
                                X