This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunking/Shipping...

Thunking is thinking someone is hot, right? I know it's in the FAQs so don't bother calling me names for not looking there. I have little or no interest in this section of the board.

That having been said, "shipping" is when you make up a relationship between two characters, right?

In my opinion, shipping is a useless wast of time. Aside from a few rare instances where characters actually hook up, there's almost zero chance these people are going to get together like Ronan and um....Zelekna or something.

Remember hearing the story of fan "shipper" mail to Paramount in the 60's who wanted to see Kirk and Spock get it on. Needless to say, they disregarded that suggestion.

If you don't like shipping, then maybe you shouldn't go on the shipping forum...

Comment

we're shipping for fun. If you don't like having fun, and think that everything should be all serious, then that's your problem.

Comment

Some people would consider the entire forum a waste of time. I mean, how is discussing technology that doesn't exist a nobler pastime than discussing the quirks and interactions of characters who don't exist? It's all in fun: the tech, the discussion, and the 'shipping.

And it's not always about what happens on the show. Some relationships occur only in GW threads and fanfics. Why does that bother you? Do 'shippers/thunkers contribute any less to the general community than anyone else? Considering what a large percentage of this community is made up of 'shipping/thunking folks, I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
          Thunking is thinking someone is hot, right? I know it's in the FAQs so don't bother calling me names for not looking there. I have little or no interest in this section of the board.

That having been said, "shipping" is when you make up a relationship between two characters, right?

In my opinion, shipping is a useless wast of time. Aside from a few rare instances where characters actually hook up, there's almost zero chance these people are going to get together like Ronan and um....Zelekna or something.

Remember hearing the story of fan "shipper" mail to Paramount in the 60's who wanted to see Kirk and Spock get it on. Needless to say, they disregarded that suggestion.
          You were bored weren't you? Be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            You were bored weren't you? Be honest.

I was.

And I'm sorry if anyone feels attacked.

No I'm not 'cause I wasn't attacking just sayin'...

Comment

Working...
            X